wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it has. And wages, particularly minimum wages, have hardly budged.

If someone's production does not increase, their worth to an employer, why do they merit an increase? Are cities or states NOT able to increase their minimum wage if they so desire? Why does the Federal Government have a dog in this fight?

Rules-S.jpg

No, it was Barney Frank's oversight of Fannie Mae who created 'affordable housing' loans that allowed people to lie about their income qualification based on the false assumption that Real Estate values could never go down. Those mortgage instruments were certified by Fannie Mae which allowed them to be bundled into securities. Typical Neo-Marxists creating problems where none existed then.....Spending more money on government programs to solve the problems they created.
That is a joke

Republicans controlled Congress. How did Barney Frank get to run things

He and his butt buddy Herb Moses created these liar loans that were certified by Fannie Mae....It had nothing to do with congress or the People.. Affordable housing legislation did not include being able to lie about one's income.
What a crock

The bust was created by those speculating and creating financial instruments that were unsupportable. Frank had nothing to do with it

The bust was created by those speculating and creating financial instruments that were unsupportable.

I know......mortgages......crazy, huh?
Not the mortgages but how they were bundled with high risk instruments.

What kind of bundle mixed mortgages with high risk instruments?

Years ago a Democrat actually suggested on the floor of Congress that they - Congress - should pass legislation making it law that the U.S. government decide how much wealth is enough for American citizens and seize every dime over that.

Yeah, that died faster than D-Hank Johnson's warning about how Guam would TIP OVER if the U.S. put any more troops on the island.

:p

People survived in America before any government social programs existed. Children went to school in America before any state or federal funding existed. People got medical care in America before any federal funding existed. People still live below the poverty line, People still go to school, but the schools are often poor, and medical care for the needy is worse than ever. Be careful what you ask government for, because you may get it.

Precisely!

Indians-S.jpg
Henry Ford never said that

Allow me.

Henry Ford Quote

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.

Henry Ford

If you're an adult working a min wage job you failed at life.

Doesn’t excuse their exploitation while they hold low wage jobs. When that person moves on, they will replace him with another low wage worker

Who in turn should move on.
If you dont work to better your situation you have no one to blame but yourself.
That’s the point

That ladder to success is no longer there. Low skilled labor used to move towards manufacturing or maybe a union job where they could support a family. Those jobs have disappeared.

Yea you can enter a minimum wage job and maybe move up to ten bucks an hour. But the track to twenty dollar an hour jobs is not there

Especially when you feel the company "owes" you anything...dumbass.
Especially when they just got a fifty percent tax cut

For your edification. You appear to be very uninformed.

Kennedy-S.jpg

If someone's production does not increase, their worth to an employer, why do they merit an increase?

'Jay' worked as an EMT for a company in town. He was paid a certain amount and worked extremely hard for extremely long hours for 'little' pay. 'Jay's productivity did not increase but he still deserved an increase in pay. The company would not give him any increase...and treated him with little respect.

One day 'Jay' was asked to work for another company ... for more money and better hours. 'Jay' took the job. After several months his old company called him up and practically begged him to come back, offering him even more money and better hours and several other concessions.

It's not that 'Jay's productivity increased - he was already working at a very high level. It is just that the 1st company took him for granted, did not respect him, did not pay him what he was worth...until they realized later just how important he was to their company /business.

...and not everyone (or anyone I know) gets to raise their own salary and give themselves massive perks and bonuses like out politicians do...

That is a joke

Republicans controlled Congress. How did Barney Frank get to run things

He and his butt buddy Herb Moses created these liar loans that were certified by Fannie Mae....It had nothing to do with congress or the People.. Affordable housing legislation did not include being able to lie about one's income.
What a crock

The bust was created by those speculating and creating financial instruments that were unsupportable. Frank had nothing to do with it

The bust was created by those speculating and creating financial instruments that were unsupportable.

I know......mortgages......crazy, huh?
Not the mortgages but how they were bundled with high risk instruments.

What kind of bundle mixed mortgages with high risk instruments?

None, which you already knew. High-risk mortgages were bundled together with other high-risk mortgages and sold at a higher rate.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Just about everyone I know is a Democrat.
None of us believe in such nonsense.

But the few Republicans I watch on TV hate gays.
They think millions losing their healthcare is a good thing.
They think clean air and clean water is too expensive.
They want to cut taxes on billionaires.
They think we spend too much on job training for veterans and want to cut school lunches for poor children.
How do we know Republicans want these things? Their policies tell us.

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education

They think we spend too much on job training for veterans and want to cut school lunches for poor children.

I'd say go suck a bag of dicks but that your everyday M.O.......

If someone's production does not increase, their worth to an employer, why do they merit an increase?

'Jay' worked as an EMT for a company in town. He was paid a certain amount and worked extremely hard for extremely long hours for 'little' pay. 'Jay's productivity did not increase but he still deserved an increase in pay. The company would not give him any increase...and treated him with little respect.

One day 'Jay' was asked to work for another company ... for more money and better hours. 'Jay' took the job. After several months his old company called him up and practically begged him to come back, offering him even more money and better hours and several other concessions.

It's not that 'Jay's productivity increased - he was already working at a very high level. It is just that the 1st company took him for granted, did not respect him, did not pay him what he was worth...until they realized later just how important he was to their company /business.

...and not everyone (or anyone I know) gets to raise their own salary and give themselves massive perks and bonuses like out politicians do...

Which is how it is supposed to work. You are wrong about his value to the company. His value increased with each call, each emergence he responded to on duty. His value was less when he had personally treated zero gunshot wounds. After ten and after twenty, he was much more qualified.

A tire changer at a tire dealership is worth "X" number of dollars an hour after he has changed one tire. He is worth the same after he changed 1,000 tires.

This thread is a perfect exposè of the leftist mind.

Poverty is a virtue.

Success is a vice.

Theft by taxation and rediatribution to those who did nothing to deserve such rediastribution is justice.

We need a constitutional amendment banning this bullshit or I want a violent dissolution of this outdated Union.

Script-Th.jpg

Grow up!

Which is how it is supposed to work. You are wrong about his value to the company. His value increased with each call, each emergence he responded to on duty. His value was less when he had personally treated zero gunshot wounds. After ten and after twenty, he was much more qualified.

A tire changer at a tire dealership is worth "X" number of dollars an hour after he has changed one tire. He is worth the same after he changed 1,000 tires.
It is shocking how widely misunderstood the concept of value has become. The left is truely comprised of trust-fund kids and halfwits. Neither have learned the value of work. Pathetic.

We are serously fucked.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but when I was in high school, I was somewhat indoctrinated and told my dad that if someone is successful, it just takes things from those who are not. My dad was a tough, tough man, and he gave me a look that gives me chills to this day. I thought he was going to put his boot clear through me. He promptly explained how that was utter bullshit, and I saw the light. Kids need tough parents who work for a living to set them straight.

Doesn’t excuse their exploitation while they hold low wage jobs. When that person moves on, they will replace him with another low wage worker

If you dont work to better your situation you have no one to blame but yourself.
That’s the point

That ladder to success is no longer there. Low skilled labor used to move towards manufacturing or maybe a union job where they could support a family. Those jobs have disappeared.

Yea you can enter a minimum wage job and maybe move up to ten bucks an hour. But the track to twenty dollar an hour jobs is not there

Sad life when someone feels they are entitled.
I agree

Why are corporations entitled to a fifty percent tax cut and the rest of us aren’t?

That’s the point

Sad life when someone feels they are entitled.
I agree

Why are corporations entitled to a fifty percent tax cut and the rest of us aren’t?
Income taxes are unconstitutional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back