wealth is unethical. everyone should make the same universal income

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education

You're being facetious, right? Please say so.

i-5GJBmrS-XL.jpg

No, the problem is wges haven't kept pace with the cost of living.
And why haven't they?

Here it is again. The problem of low wages, as identified by the left, is a function of:
[x] too much liberty
[x] too little government

Congratulations. You managed to hit both of them.

Wages have not kept pace because there are at least 11 million people here who don't belong, who are willing to do unskilled jobs for less than the cost of living.

I guarantee you, if American employers were suddenly left begging for workers, wages would necessarily increase on their own. Company A would want Worker 1. So would Company B. Company A offers $10 per hour. Company B counters with $12. Back and forth and the market wage increases naturally.

Supply and demand.

:dunno:
Wages have not kept pace because business will starve their workers in pursuit of the almighty profit.

Who has ever advocated universal income other than rightwing fantasies

Ensuring people have access to affordable housing, healthcare and food does not constitute universal income

Affordable housing caused the Real Estate crash of 2008. Government healthcare programs caused healthcare to become unaffordable. Right now there is no great food problem but, let the organic freaks loose and there will be. Neo-Marxists fuck up everything.
Rampant speculation caused the crash

No, it was Barney Frank's oversight of Fannie Mae who created 'affordable housing' loans that allowed people to lie about their income qualification based on the false assumption that Real Estate values could never go down. Those mortgage instruments were certified by Fannie Mae which allowed them to be bundled into securities. Typical Neo-Marxists creating problems where none existed then.....Spending more money on government programs to solve the problems they created.
That is a joke

Republicans controlled Congress. How did Barney Frank get to run things

He and his butt buddy Herb Moses created these liar loans that were certified by Fannie Mae....It had nothing to do with congress or the People.. Affordable housing legislation did not include being able to lie about one's income.
What a crock

The bust was created by those speculating and creating financial instruments that were unsupportable. Frank had nothing to do with it

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

It they manage their money wisely, they can.
Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?
or the employee is in the wrong job for their spending habits.
I've already addressed that.

Do try to keep up.

Then you are gonna hafta get employers to pay a genuine living wage.
That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).

If you take out cell phones, cable tv, manicures, and vacations the cost of living hasn't gone up that much.
Yes, it has. And wages, particularly minimum wages, have hardly budged.

I'm not saying everyone gets a McMansion, goes to Harvard, and eats surf and turf every night.

I'm saying everyone with a job should be able to afford a cheap apartment, enough to eat, and enough to take care of themselves.

Employers should not be held responsible for employees dumb financial decisions.
Do you not realize that if an employer pays so little that the employee needs welfare to survive you are subsidizing the employer with government funds?

Yes. And i want to stop that.

How much is that?

LOLOLOLOL, as that way in the Obama economy. In the Trump economy, the worker goes and gets a higher paying job! You don't pay enough in the Trump economy, you don't have any workers.
Wages are still basically stagnant. Do try to keep up.

It's like public education. Now everyone gets one for free and we have more fucking illiterates and morons "Graduating" high school that at any point in human history. The only beneficiary is the Democrat Party that depends on uneducated, government dependent people trapped into an inter-generational cycle of poverty

Really? What is your source of your information?

Do you realize if you're getting paid so little you can quit and find a different job?

No, they cannot. They don't have any skills to make any more money.

That will make the problem worse, not fix it.

The problem is neither an excess of liberty nor a deficiency of government, except that government has been derelict in its constitutional duties to regulate immigration, which has a DIRECT effect on the job market and economy as a whole.

See? Libertarians DO believe in government. Its purpose should be to promote liberty and prosperity of its citizens (not citizens of Mexico or elsewhere).

If you take out cell phones, cable tv, manicures, and vacations the cost of living hasn't gone up that much.
Salaries have not kept pace with rising housing costs, food, energy or education

Yes, but that is because all three of the costs you list have been artificially elevated because of government interference in those areas.
The housing crises was a direct result of the government getting into the mortgage business.
Tuition is fantastically exacerbated by the government getting into education finance business.
Produce is higher because of the government picking and choosing what products to heavily subsidize, namely corn and soy for instance. They are all dirt cheap to the consumer. But other produce is either not subsidized at all or very little.
Wrong. The housing crisis is what happens when the govengover doesn't keep unscrupulous lenders on a tight leash.

Tuition costs are high because there is no oversight of what for profit colleges are charging.

I couldn't say one way or the other on the veggies.

Yes, it has. And wages, particularly minimum wages, have hardly budged
Well, considering the fact that there should not be a minimum wage, and the market should determine wages, I don’t consider the arbitrary, useless federally mandated minimum wage rate to be a factor.

Illegal immigration is the single biggest factor in stagnate unskilled labor wages. Too many unskilled workers are chasing too few jobs, driving down the demand, resulting in pathetic wages for Americans.

The very people bitching about low unskilled wages are the same fools crying for open boarders. See why conspiracy theoris run rampant?

everyone deserves access to affordable housing, free health care, and advanced education
Yes, but wealth is not unethical. Wealth generated by paying your employees so little they need foodstamps to feed themselves even though they have a full time job is though. So is wealth generated by price gouging on necessities like medical care or medicine.
There is nothing unethical about pricing the cost of labor and paying accordingly.
Except that they aren't. If it wasn't for SNAP programs corporate America would be low on workers because they all starved to death.

Wrong. The housing crisis is what happens when the govengover doesn't keep unscrupulous lenders on a tight leash.

Tuition costs are high because there is no oversight of what for profit colleges are charging.
Leftist problem identification:
[x] too much liberty
[x] not enough government

Leftist problem identification:
[x] too much liberty
[x] not enough government
You know that babbling stupid talking points isn't s discussion right?

Except that they aren't. If it wasn't for SNAP programs corporate America would be low on workers because they all starved to death
You talk like you have never had a job or been anywhere near a business.

When demand is high, employers will bury a worker in a pile of money to fill the job. Employers will out-bid each other for the services of a candidate.

Start demanding responsible immigration policy and enforcement or STFU about low wages.

Last edited:
That’s the point

That ladder to success is no longer there. Low skilled labor used to move towards manufacturing or maybe a union job where they could support a family. Those jobs have disappeared.

Yea you can enter a minimum wage job and maybe move up to ten bucks an hour. But the track to twenty dollar an hour jobs is not there

From a person who has obviously failed at anything you tried.

Obama%20Minimum%20Wage_zpsvosa0byg-S.jpg

You know that babbling stupid talking points isn't s discussion right?
Identfying your flawed reasoning is.

The problem was government forcing lenders to lend to unqualified home buyers who bought way too much house for zero down and to give the lenders security for taking on the government-mandated loan risk, government proposed those subprime, 5-year, interst only balloon-payment loans that were impossible to retain past 5 years for even the most stable homeowner. Call me a conspiracy nut, but there is no way in HELL government assholes didn't foresee the crash. It is almost as if they wanted a crash.

If “one” is willing to work

There are 30 million low skilled workers. You got 30 million better jobs lined up if they only apply themselves more?

Please share with us the typical income of a household in which one of the workers earns minimum wage. I'm looking forward to your educated response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back