"Weed doesn't hurt anyone" Ohio family executed due to weed operations

You can't die of Marijuana overdose.

I linked you otherwise.

The center for disease control recognizes a zero death rate from marijuana overdose.

And I recognize a zero intelligence rate for your posts. So I guess that makes us even.

I'm checking the 2014 and 2015 overdose numbers. Both are zero for marijuana.

And you and I agree on most issues. Just not silly fantasies regarding Kasich.

As for marijuana, whether or not one can overdose on it is irrelevant. Its whether or not there are more overdoses than alcohol. And the answer is obvious no. Ergo, marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol....which is our benchmark of acceptable, legal levels of harm.

As I said, if going 65 in a 65 mph zone is legal.....then surely going 64 is.

If you want to know why marijuana is illegal, look no further than Dow (they had just developed nylon and didn't want hemp to compete), Hurst (he had large timber holdings and didn't want competition from hemp paper), and Anslinger (he was an FBI man in charge of drugs and hated black and brown people).

Anslinger was looking for a way to lock up the Black and Hispanic people in this country, and since they were the main consumers of marijuana, he decided to make it illegal. He got the money backing from Dow and Hurst to run his campaign against it, and also got Hollywood to create a propaganda film called "Reefer Madness". Later, it was classed as a Schedule I drug, meaning the only research that was allowed was to document it's harmful properties. Very few to none were found, even in the extensive research done on the military subjects in the 60's.

What should happen now, is that doctors all across the country, who have seen the benefits of cannabis, as well as have prescribed it, to go to the government with all their research and get it off Schedule I and moved to a lower category.

And..............legalization would not be harmful. In Colorado, opiate overdoses have gone DOWN significantly since they've legalized it for recreational use. It also has provided over 50 million dollars in taxes.

I say that every other state should follow Colorado's example and legalize it nationwide.

If you want to know why marijuana is illegal, look no further than Dow (they had just developed nylon and didn't want hemp to compete), Hurst (he had large timber holdings and didn't want competition from hemp paper), and Anslinger (he was an FBI man in charge of drugs and hated black and brown people).

Anslinger was looking for a way to lock up the Black and Hispanic people in this country, and since they were the main consumers of marijuana, he decided to make it illegal. He got the money backing from Dow and Hurst to run his campaign against it, and also got Hollywood to create a propaganda film called "Reefer Madness". Later, it was classed as a Schedule I drug, meaning the only research that was allowed was to document it's harmful properties. Very few to none were found, even in the extensive research done on the military subjects in the 60's.

What should happen now, is that doctors all across the country, who have seen the benefits of cannabis, as well as have prescribed it, to go to the government with all their research and get it off Schedule I and moved to a lower category.

And..............legalization would not be harmful. In Colorado, opiate overdoses have gone DOWN significantly since they've legalized it for recreational use. It also has provided over 50 million dollars in taxes.

I say that every other state should follow Colorado's example and legalize it nationwide.

I look forward to each state looking at prior states and passing legalization laws that learn from the experiences of Colorado, Oregon and Washington.
The hard part will be the Federal level- politicians at that level don't want to be branded as 'pro-drug' by being in favor of Americans deciding how to enjoy recreation.

I look forward to each state looking at prior states and passing legalization laws that learn from the experiences of Colorado, Oregon and Washington.
The hard part will be the Federal level- politicians at that level don't want to be branded as 'pro-drug' by being in favor of Americans deciding how to enjoy recreation.

Actually, if the doctors would get together and present their research to Congress about the benefits of marijuana, I'm pretty sure they could get it taken off of Schedule I (a class of drugs with no medical benefit that are highly addictive), and that would take care of things at the federal level.

Because, as we already know, there ARE documented medical benefits for various things like seizures, glaucoma, Alzheimer's, etc., as well as know for a fact that marijuana isn't physically addictive in the slightest.

Actually, if the doctors would get together and present their research to Congress about the benefits of marijuana, I'm pretty sure they could get it taken off of Schedule I (a class of drugs with no medical benefit that are highly addictive), and that would take care of things at the federal level.

Because, as we already know, there ARE documented medical benefits for various things like seizures, glaucoma, Alzheimer's, etc., as well as know for a fact that marijuana isn't physically addictive in the slightest.

The politicians don't care about the evidence- they just don't want to be labeled 'pro-drug abuse'.

Only after a tidal wave of states legalize it will Congress people discover their cojones on the issue.

This is exactly what libertarians (and liberals just looking to be argumentative) have never understood. True constitutional conservatives couldn't give a fly fig what a person puts in their own body or does to themselves. That's not the reason why narcotics are outlawed. The reason they are outlawed is because of the horrific crimes the drug trade brings in. People hooked on narcotics are incapable of holding jobs, and they turned to theft, armed robbery, and even murder to get the money they need for their next fix.

This has been said for generations and yet libertarians like to believe that the reality doesn't exist (in that capacity, they are much like their insane opposition - liberals).

The politicians don't care about the evidence- they just don't want to be labeled 'pro-drug abuse'.

Only after a tidal wave of states legalize it will Congress people discover their cojones on the issue.

But see.............that is the beauty of it. Congress doesn't have to pass anything, it's up to the DEA to decide, because they are the ones that set up the system.

However..............loss of funding because they don't have to chase down marijuana dealers might be an issue, but hey, if it cuts spending on stuff we don't really need to do anymore, how can that be considered a bad thing?

Especially to Republicans, because they want to cut government spending. Imaging how much money we could save because they are no longer incarcerated or clogging up the court system with their cases.

Forum List

Back