Welfare should be ended completely

It is called making life easier and increasing our living standards.
-SSI keeps old people from dying on the street
-Food stamps makes sure people don't starve in tough times.
-Unemployment allows a person to survive between jobs
A public education allows poor and rich alike to have equal chance to succeed. We'd look more like india or africa if it wasn't for this.
-Minimum wage helps increase our standard of living for our poorest.

Are you really so heartless to take this away? I'd focus more on education and technological training if you wished for success, but if you're a moral person then that is the general reason for welfare.

The premise of welfare and public schooling is what you described. That is how it was intended.

Sadly, some parents started setting bad example for their children. Too many don't take advantage of the education they are offered. That means they will eventually need assistance because they will never acquire the needed skills to do well on their own.

It's one thing to always have that safety net, but some didn't fall into it, they climbed into it without trying to do things on their own first.

Some are born into government dependence and will never know what it's like to be on their own.

You and other libs refuse to acknowledge the hold that government has over those who rely on them for everything.
I hear similar things in the UK. However the evidence is that the welfare bill is not great and the people you have described are in the minority.There will always be people who abuse the system but that doesnt mean you need to get rid of the system.

I wouldn't suggest getting rid of the system, but I know too many people who went on welfare as teen moms and are still on it decades later. Meanwhile, they have had more kids and it is a way of life. I am not convinced it's a minority who use it as a permanent solution. I don't see many who are actively trying to improve their skills so they can find a better job.
....As the GOP makes it harder and more expensive to get the Ed./training every chance they get, all to save the rich and giant corps.

Yeah, but after the past 7 years, we know that they blame everything on the GOP. If it rained on Thursday, they'd blame the GOP.

Flint goes broke, and changes water supplies, causing a crisis, they would blame the GOP, even though the city is run by democrats.

No matter what happens, they'll blame the GOP.

So effectively you are saying "they'll screw something up, blame the GOP, and run on fixing their own failures".

30 of 50 states in the US are run by the GOP...

Tell me one time any of them have taken reponsiblity for anything that happened in their state.

What is that supposed to mean? Take for example Illinois governor Rauner is trying to clean up the fiscal mess but the democrats were fighting him tooth and nail.

Funny, Obama is trying to clean up the mess left by GWB and mostly what you hear from idiots like you is that the opposition he faces at every turn from the GOP congress is principled and right.

We were talking states, ok what has the republicans been fighting obama on reduce spending, fiscal responsibility? Social crap don't count.

All to protect their greedy idiot rich and giant corps- refusal to invest in Americans.

If you were a billionaire Franco would you have invested pre the Supreme court ruling on obama care?

I don't blame them...

That's why the recovery was so slow.

A public education allows poor and rich alike to have equal chance to succeed. We'd look more like india or africa if it wasn't for this.

Are you really so heartless to take this away? I'd focus more on education and technological training if you wished for success, but if you're a moral person then that is the general reason for welfare.

The premise of welfare and public schooling is what you described. That is how it was intended.

Sadly, some parents started setting bad example for their children. Too many don't take advantage of the education they are offered. That means they will eventually need assistance because they will never acquire the needed skills to do well on their own.

It's one thing to always have that safety net, but some didn't fall into it, they climbed into it without trying to do things on their own first.

Some are born into government dependence and will never know what it's like to be on their own.

You and other libs refuse to acknowledge the hold that government has over those who rely on them for everything.
I hear similar things in the UK. However the evidence is that the welfare bill is not great and the people you have described are in the minority.There will always be people who abuse the system but that doesnt mean you need to get rid of the system.

I wouldn't suggest getting rid of the system, but I know too many people who went on welfare as teen moms and are still on it decades later. Meanwhile, they have had more kids and it is a way of life. I am not convinced it's a minority who use it as a permanent solution. I don't see many who are actively trying to improve their skills so they can find a better job.
....As the GOP makes it harder and more expensive to get the Ed./training every chance they get, all to save the rich and giant corps.

Prove it Franco the universtys and democrats are in bed together.

Corporations work with local technical colleges Nation wide.

Wait a second I know my local university Clemson works with BMW and michelin among others, what are you talking about?

This would be a point if 'better jobs' were being created; they aren't. Reducing the country's population would bring the numbers of jobs created closer to population, but it doesn't take care of being able to move to where jobs are being created and afford that move. Tax breaks and outright subsidies for outsourcing need to be shut down as well. Over 80% of new jobs aren't really skilled jobs, and many of those employers claim need skills aren't jobs they can't train their own hirees to perform.

but it doesn't take care of being able to move to where jobs are being created

Why is that? Could it possibly be just possible that idiots for for democrats and run the jobs away in the first place and no one wants to creat jobs in democrat controlled high tax, high minimum wage , union states and city's.

God you guys are stupid.

13124807_850908951708951_4025054542307406987_n.jpg
We still paid taxes before 1913

And the 18th or 19th century weren't very nice times to live...
-A large percentage of this country didn't have sewers
-Roads were crappy and mostly in cities.
-babies and children died at a far higher rate then today

America looked more like Africa or india. Not something to strive for. Thanks to the tax dollars we invest in our country we're now better off.

This would be a point if 'better jobs' were being created; they aren't. Reducing the country's population would bring the numbers of jobs created closer to population, but it doesn't take care of being able to move to where jobs are being created and afford that move. Tax breaks and outright subsidies for outsourcing need to be shut down as well. Over 80% of new jobs aren't really skilled jobs, and many of those employers claim need skills aren't jobs they can't train their own hirees to perform.

Why is that? Could it possibly be just possible that idiots for for democrats and run the jobs away in the first place and no one wants to creat jobs in democrat controlled high tax, high minimum wage , union states and city's.

God you guys are stupid.

But not federal the killer of killers.

Tell me one time any of them have taken reponsiblity for anything that happened in their state.

What is that supposed to mean? Take for example Illinois governor Rauner is trying to clean up the fiscal mess but the democrats were fighting him tooth and nail.

Funny, Obama is trying to clean up the mess left by GWB and mostly what you hear from idiots like you is that the opposition he faces at every turn from the GOP congress is principled and right.

We were talking states, ok what has the republicans been fighting obama on reduce spending, fiscal responsibility? Social crap don't count.

All to protect their greedy idiot rich and giant corps- refusal to invest in Americans.

If you were a billionaire Franco would you have invested pre the Supreme court ruling on obama care?

I don't blame them...

Non bought off experts agree ACA has had no effect on growth...

America looked more like Africa or india. Not something to strive for. Thanks to the tax dollars we invest in our country we're now better off.

Ooooohhh and they didn't have hair dryers, television, they had To read books by candle light, they didn't have 7/11s

Oh how did they survive?

.pussy

Wait a second I know my local university Clemson works with BMW and michelin among others, what are you talking about?
Not enough. Nor the gov't. Must save the bloated rich....

I don't blame them...

Non bought off experts agree ACA has had no effect on growth...

upload_2016-9-26_20-23-1.jpeg

Stop it Franco will you on the bullshit?

Ooooohhh and they didn't have hair dryers, television, they had To read books by candle light, they didn't have 7/11s

Oh how did they survive?

.pussy
Many didn't. Read the Good Old Days- They were Terrible! Cheap food, housing, travel etc were lethal. Poor hoses and pottersfields. Elderly poverty down something like 70% since SS etc etc.

God you guys are stupid.

We had a shit Army and Navy...Maybe 20th in the world
Horrible infrastructure, minimal electrical power, water systems, sewer systems

Our country became a major power after we passed income tax and federal reserve

God you guys are stupid.

I thought that's what you guys want and strive for?

You bring up an interesting point

Our water system is at least 100 years old, bridges falling down etc..so where does all the money go?

God you guys are stupid.

I thought that's what you guys want and strive for?

You bring up an interesting point

Our water system is at least 100 years old, bridges falling down etc..so where does all the money go?

We have cut way back on our tax structure and politicians want to brag about the new bridge they sponsored not the 100 year old water pipes they replaced

I don't blame them...

Had nothing to do with total GOP obstruction of typical solutions- infrastructure bill, tax cuts for the middle class, cheaper ED./training for 3-6 MILLION tech jobs, etc etc etc?

God you guys are stupid.

Tariffs and levies that were indirect taxes. Later!

Forum List

Back