🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well, at least one country learned a lesson from the failed Iraq War.

velvtacheeze

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2013
UK Prime Minister David Cameron loses Syria war vote - POLITICO.com

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 8/29/13 5:44 PM EDT
President Barack Obama’s latest geopolitical problem: His closest ally won’t help him attack Syria.

But he is not letting that stop him.

Britain’s House of Commons on Thursday evening rejected a motion from Prime Minister David Cameron to endorse British participation in military action in Syria, potentially hurting Obama’s effort to punish the Bashar Assad regime for its reported use of chemical weapons.
The White House made clear after the vote that it is willing to act alone on Syria.
(PHOTOS: Scenes from Syria)
“We have seen the result of the Parliament vote in the U.K. tonight,” National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said in a statement. “The U.S. will continue to consult with the U.K. government – one of our closest allies and friends.

==============================================

The UK learned their lesson. Sadly, not even Obama gets how deeply stupid and unpopular getting involved in Syria is. When is he going to come to his senses? I would expect this kind of idiocy from Mitt and especially McCain, but from Obama? I'm very disappointed.

The Iraq war was a success. The objectives were reached.

:cuckoo:

Laughable.

There was a silver lining: The GOP's undeserved reputation for competency in foreign policy was finally exposed for the total fraud that it's always been.

Laughable.

There was a silver lining: The GOP's undeserved reputation for competency in foreign policy was finally exposed for the total fraud that it's always been.

Saddam removed, threat to country removed.

Women are now voting in Iraq.

The kurds love GWB.

Sure am tired of listening to the liberals belittle the effort of our volunteer army.

failed iraq war?

god damn, the revision is starting already

but don't worry cheese, useless threads like these get deleted, so in a couple of months when you are cheering obama on for killing brown syrians, no one will be able to link this.

President Barack Obama’s latest geopolitical problem: His closest ally won’t help him attack Syria.

Britain’s House of Commons on Thursday evening rejected a motion from Prime Minister David Cameron to endorse British participation in military action in Syria, potentially hurting Obama’s effort to punish the Bashar Assad regime for its reported use of chemical weapons.
The White House made clear after the vote that it is willing to act alone on Syria.
“We have seen the result of the Parliament vote in the U.K. tonight,” National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said in a statement. “The U.S. will continue to consult with the U.K. government – one of our closest allies and friends.

The UK learned their lesson. Sadly, not even Obama gets how deeply stupid and unpopular getting involved in Syria is. When is he going to come to his senses? I would expect this kind of idiocy from Mitt and especially McCain, but from Obama? I'm very disappointed.

HAS ZERO to do with Iraq...It has everything to do with which side of BAD (EVIL) one sides with. The Brits, and Americans are in agreement...neither.

failed iraq war?

but don't worry cheese, useless threads like these get deleted, so in a couple of months when you are cheering obama on for killing brown syrians, no one will be able to link this.
And the OP is either stupid, suffers from naivete, partisan...or all the above.

Iraq is NO comparison...only thing that is close is the WMD's came from Saddam's Iraq.

If the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize had not shot his mouth off saying Assad must go and put out red line ultimatums he would not find himself in the position he is now in. Even Romney and McCain would not do something as idiotic as paint themselves into the corner that Obama has.

Zerobama and his first baby mamma snubbed the queen. What do you expect?

Laughable.

Saddam removed, threat to country removed.

Women are now voting in Iraq.

The kurds love GWB.

Sure am tired of listening to the liberals belittle the effort of our volunteer army.

Obama can't say the same about Lybia or Eygpt....

The terrorist and mother brother hood tried to take away women rights and replaced friends with extremist.

LOL

it just proves how brainwashed you are.

The WORST wars in this country were ALWAYS started by democrats.

failed iraq war?

The revisionists are the idiots on the right who insist that the Iraq War was a success. It was not. Polls of Iraqis show they overwhelmingly think it made them worse off. Polls of Americans show Americans think it made America worse off.

It's not some amazing coincidence that the party most responsible for the Iraq War has lost two Presidential elections in a row.

The Iraq War was a mistake, Iraqis hate us now, our soldiers were killed in vain, our children put into debt slavery to the Chinese...and its entirely the fault of American conservatives.

HAS ZERO to do with Iraq...It has everything to do with which side of BAD (EVIL) one sides with. The Brits, and Americans are in agreement...neither.

Wow, I'm so embarrassed for you. What a cringe-inducing reply.

David Cameron himself said that he lost the vote because of the failed Iraq War. I'll go by his word, instead of some anonymous conservatarded commentor who needs to be a cheerleader who goes 'rah rah' to anything the GOP does.

LOL

it just proves how brainwashed you are.

The WORST wars in this country were ALWAYS started by democrats.

The Iraq War was started by a GOP President, and conservatives wanted it badly. They got it, promptly f_____ it up, and got fired from Congress and the White House by the voters.

Anyone who thinks the Iraq War was not a mistake is delusional.

failed iraq war?

Iraq is NO comparison...only thing that is close is the WMD's came from Saddam's Iraq.

I hear liberals like the OP, this is the only thing I can respond with:

15 Minutes of Shutting Up Assholes - YouTube

Last edited:
I see there are lots of supporters of the Iraq war here. So why exactly are every one of you opposed to attacking Syria? :confused:

All it tells me is that British Petroleum (BP = Blair in our Pocket) has no dog in this fight. Saddam was violating his quotas and driving down the price of oil by over-producing. That's what these wars have been all about; the collaborators with jihadist OPEC are charging us dozens of times what the oil costs them to drill and refine.

Gasoline at $4 a gallon, exactly as planned for the outcome of these Greedhead wars. The Little Piggy went to market. The Little Piggy's Chickenhawk sons stayed home, like the Romney Rambos.

failed iraq war?

I hear liberals like the OP, this is the only thing I can respond with:

15 Minutes of Shutting Up Assholes - YouTube

4486 US troop deaths in Iraq, and you reply with a youtube vid outake from Animal House?

Unbelievable. No wonder Mitt lost. No wonder McCain lost.

The Right's refusal to admit that the Iraq War was a mistake, that our troops died in vain, and to promise not to repeat the mistake, is one of the reasons that Obama is President, and not McCain or Mittypoo.

Your side needs to learn from its mistakes before the US voters will trust you with power again.

Forum List

Back