Well it didn't take the screamer long to get his lawyers lined up

He's a physician, his time is more important than everyone else on the plane.

DigitalDrifter

The airline said that their profit was more important than his right to sit in the seat he bought.

I used to tell my clerks in my bookstores that they were overhead, the customer was profit and their paychecks depended on profit.

My bet is that if this had been you who was beaten up, you would be singing a very different tune. You can lie about it but that's what it would be - a lie.

There is no doubt that you RWNJs would stand up for your rights too.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you would just wimper and crawl off the plane. RWNJs do see themselves as victims. This old man did not and that's what bothers you.

I encourage all commie pigs to behave aggressively towards sky police when they ask them to leave the plane.

Please.
I wouldn't leave until a deal was settled..

The solution was so damn simple.

1. Offer cash to sustomers.

If no takers put your excess crew...
2. on the next flight.
3. on a charter.
4. in a rental car.
Easier and cheaper to refund the $16,000 in tickets and ferry both the aircraft and extra crew to SDF thus preserving the 70 tickets in the morning and their connections.

The good doctor will never have to work again.
All the blame is on United, throwing paying passengers off a flight so their employees can fly free!
That is no way to run an airline.
If the "good doctor" was on drugs and/or convicted of multiple violations of Federal and State laws, he may never work again period.
What makes you think he was on drugs? He may have in the past been convicted of multiple violations of Federal and State laws but that is old news and has nothing to do with his treatment from UAL.

It's not sensitive to point out what a jackass you are, and point you the stupidity of your posts.

And yeah, you are measuring his personal experiences, because that's what *he* relayed.

"I suggested that a jury of his peers who went through the same experience sit in judgment on him."

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone goes through "the same experience" in national tragic events.

Wild, huh?
Insults and false accusations? Are you an authoritarian liberal?

Why do you disagree that a jury of his peers would be good?

Piss off. If you can't be bothered to educate yourself on the subject, I'm not going to hold your tiny hand and lead you to it.

You've already shown how tragically misinformed you are.

No pearls, swine.
Translation: I got nuthin' so I'll just spin lies and hurl insults like a teenager.

Awesome. Thanks for displaying your low level of expertise on this subject.

2. on the next flight.
3. on a charter.
4. in a rental car.
Easier and cheaper to refund the $16,000 in tickets and ferry both the aircraft and extra crew to SDF thus preserving the 70 tickets in the morning and their connections.
That is not a reasonable solution financially. Do that enough & passengers are going to ditch you for the competition. My solution has no impact on their customers

All the blame is on United, throwing paying passengers off a flight so their employees can fly free!
If the "good doctor" was on drugs and/or convicted of multiple violations of Federal and State laws, he may never work again period.
What makes you think he was on drugs? He may have in the past been convicted of multiple violations of Federal and State laws but that is old news and has nothing to do with his treatment from UAL.
His behavior was erratic from the beginning. Since he went to the hospital one of the first things they'll do is drug test him.

2. on the next flight.
3. on a charter.
4. in a rental car.
That is not a reasonable solution financially. Do that enough & passengers are going to ditch you for the competition. My solution has no impact on their customers
Actually, it's the most low cost/low risk situation. Obviously not an every day solution, but this wasn't an every day situation. Nonetheless, once new laws are passed, like the limitations on tarmac time, the airlines will react in the lowest cost/lowest risk position possible.

Competition? The laws you are suggesting affect all the airlines equally.

DigitalDrifter

The airline said that their profit was more important than his right to sit in the seat he bought.

I used to tell my clerks in my bookstores that they were overhead, the customer was profit and their paychecks depended on profit.

My bet is that if this had been you who was beaten up, you would be singing a very different tune. You can lie about it but that's what it would be - a lie.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you would just wimper and crawl off the plane. RWNJs do see themselves as victims. This old man did not and that's what bothers you.

I encourage all commie pigs to behave aggressively towards sky police when they ask them to leave the plane.

Please.
Failure to vacate an airliner when asked is a violation of Federal law. It's not like sitting in an Uber or Burger King. Aircraft, like ships, come under longstanding international laws.

The doctor will never see his suit come to trial

United will pay him big time to have this go away

DigitalDrifter

Please.
Failure to vacate an airliner when asked is a violation of Federal law. It's not like sitting in an Uber or Burger King. Aircraft, like ships, come under longstanding international laws.
When you buy a ticket you are buying a contract with the airline...The airline decided to break that contract, there were several ways to deal with the situation, but, brute force was the final action...United will pay in court for pain and suffering and a broken contract, simple as that...it was gross misconduct by and airline which has lots of jets to fly their people where they need to get to..I am sure attorneys came to him to represent such a golden egg laying goose..

DigitalDrifter

Please.

Be careful what you support champ.

The doctor will never see his suit come to trial

United will pay him big time to have this go away
At least 5 million..

2. on the next flight.
3. on a charter.
4. in a rental car.
Actually, it's the most low cost/low risk situation. Obviously not an every day solution, but this wasn't an every day situation. Nonetheless, once new laws are passed, like the limitations on tarmac time, the airlines will react in the lowest cost/lowest risk position possible.

Competition? The laws you are suggesting affect all the airlines equally.
41000 people booted from over booked flights last year. Clearly, an everyday issue as well as terrible management

What the airline should've done was offer money. Then when there are no takers, offer more money until someone takes them up on it. This is really easy to do. Much easier than dragging someone off a plane then having to defend it in court.

When you buy a ticket you are buying a contract with the airline...The airline decided to break that contract, there were several ways to deal with the situation, but, brute force was the final action...United will pay in court for pain and suffering and a broken contract, simple as that...it was gross misconduct by and airline which has lots of jets to fly their people where they need to get to..I am sure attorneys came to him to represent such a golden egg laying goose..
Agreed. A contract called "Contract of Carriage" and you agree to it when you buy the ticket.

United was lawful here. The Chicago police officer, maybe not. We'll see. Dao's actions? Multiple Federal and State laws were broken by him.

Forum List

Back