Well it didn't take the screamer long to get his lawyers lined up

To a conservative the worst possible crime is not accepting, without question, instructions from 'authority'.
Same goes for liberals; both are authoritarians who seek to tell others what to do, how to live and what to believe.

If you dont like the contract of carriage, don't buy a ticket and fly.

But you can't just say "fuck the contract of carriage." Um, it doesn't work that way. In this country, you can't just say "fuck a legal contract" or else we wouldn't have a legal system because either party at either time could just say fuck it and walk away.

Here is the contract of carriage

Contract of Carriage Document | United Airlines

You show me on what grounds United had the right to remove Dr. Dao.

Sure, no problem. From your link:

Boarding Priorities - If a flight is Oversold, no one may be denied boarding against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority:
  1. Passengers who are Qualified Individuals with Disabilities, unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 years, or minors between the ages of 5 to 15 years who use the unaccompanied minor service, will be the last to be involuntarily denied boarding if it is determined by UA that such denial would constitute a hardship.
  2. The priority of all other confirmed passengers may be determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.

The fact that they had already boarded doesn't change anything other than it's much easier to deny boarding than to offload a passenger but its still the exact same thing.

So like I said before, the contract of carriage protects them from any legal litigation if they have decent lawyers. They asked for volunteers and didn't get any, so they did exactly what they were allowed to do, disembark 4 random passengers. Funny, the other 3 behaved like adults and got up.

Last edited:
If you dont like the contract of carriage, don't buy a ticket and fly.

But you can't just say "fuck the contract of carriage." Um, it doesn't work that way. In this country, you can't just say "fuck a legal contract" or else we wouldn't have a legal system because either party at either time could just say fuck it and walk away.

Here is the contract of carriage

Contract of Carriage Document | United Airlines

You show me on what grounds United had the right to remove Dr. Dao.

Sure, no problem. From your link:

Boarding Priorities - If a flight is Oversold, no one may be denied boarding against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority:
  1. Passengers who are Qualified Individuals with Disabilities, unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 years, or minors between the ages of 5 to 15 years who use the unaccompanied minor service, will be the last to be involuntarily denied boarding if it is determined by UA that such denial would constitute a hardship.
  2. The priority of all other confirmed passengers may be determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.
Your own citation:
denied boarding <---

He (and his wife) were BOARDED.

What part of the CEO apologized profusely and said Dao was NOT AT FAULT.

AT ALL --

are you not getting?

Doesn't matter. Like I put in that reply, whether or not they were on the plane means nothing. If they need to deplane passengers its the same thing. If something comes up and they need to remove passengers from a flight, just because they have been loaded onto the airplane doesn't completely invalidate the contract of carriage because it says "denied boarding" and not "deplaning passengers".

Hes trying to cover his ass and make his company look good in the publics eye. What was his FIRST reaction? That's the one that matters. The one where he said they did nothing wrong and the guy was wrong to behave like that. Of course with the media outcry hes going to apologize. That's not what he did Sunday night.

And please note, he said that the guy did nothing wrong, he also never said that the cops did anything wrong either. Hmmm......interesting.

Last edited:
What the airline should've done was offer money. Then when there are no takers, offer more money until someone takes them up on it. This is really easy to do. Much easier than dragging someone off a plane then having to defend it in court.
BINGO!

I'm honestly waiting for more passengers to pitch screaming fits and commit Federal crimes "standing up for their rights". Maybe one or two will even get shot. The longer Dao's case drags out, the more likely these incidents will occur and, therefore, the more likely the public will be educated airlines are not like Uber or Greyhound. I'm sure Amtrak can use the business.

Last edited:
What part of the CEO apologized profusely and said Dao was NOT AT FAULT.

AT ALL --

are you not getting?
Intelligent, educated people understand that there is a difference between the head of a public company and Federal authorities.

This letter doesn't seem like a CEO who thinks the company really screwed up to me:

Dear Team,

Like you, I was upset to see and hear about what happened last night aboard United Express Flight 3411 headed from Chicago to Louisville. While the facts and circumstances are still evolving, especially with respect to why this customer defied Chicago Aviation Security Officers the way he did, to give you a clearer picture of what transpired, I’ve included below a recap from the preliminary reports filed by our employees.

As you will read, this situation was unfortunately compounded when one of the passengers we politely asked to deplane refused and it became necessary to contact Chicago Aviation Security Officers to help. Our employees followed established procedures for dealing with situations like this. While I deeply regret this situation arose, I also emphatically stand behind all of you, and I want to commend you for continuing to go above and beyond to ensure we fly right.

I do, however, believe there are lessons we can learn from this experience, and we are taking a close look at the circumstances surrounding this incident. Treating our customers and each other with respect and dignity is at the core of who we are, and we must always remember this no matter how challenging the situation.

I don't see where he's saying the guy did nothing wrong here. BEFORE the public cry fest for this gay felon.

There is also a huge difference between "he wasn't at fault" and "we screwed up."
Agreed, but there's also a difference between a company looking to put a PR nightmare behind them and both Federal and State authorities prosecuting someone for breaking the law.

There won't be any charges filed in this. I don't expect that to happen.
Then expect passengers to pull the same stunt anytime they think their "rights" have been infringed.

We're just moving into the Summer travel season; full planeloads, thunderstorms and hot temperatures are always an interesting mix. I expect some people will regret this summer ever happened.

FWIW, I strongly doubt any of the loud-mouthed Liberals on this forum will be the ones who "stand up for their rights". They're more of the type to cheer others on rather than take the lead themselves.

The soon to be rich doctor already has his lawyers ready to sick 'em on the soon to be defendents.

Watch now: Dr. David Dao's lawyers, daughter speak to the media

Lawyers for Dr. David Dao, the Kentucky doctor who was violently pulled from a United Airlines flight on Sunday, have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Thursday in Chicago. His daughter, Crystal Dao Pepper, will also speak....

Watch now: Dr. David Dao's lawyers, daughter speak to the media

It's always instructive when some jackboot authoritarian citizen-abuse event happens ---- who comes out on which side.

Always instructive, rarely surprising. :rolleyes:
To a conservative the worst possible crime is not accepting, without question, instructions from 'authority'.
Complete nonsense of course but whatever....

There is also a huge difference between "he wasn't at fault" and "we screwed up."
Agreed, but there's also a difference between a company looking to put a PR nightmare behind them and both Federal and State authorities prosecuting someone for breaking the law.
You have ignored my responses to this ridiculous assertion all day.

He will not be charged with a crime. Bet on it.

The Doctor will get a bunch of money from this. Count on it. He will be charged with nothing.

He was asked to leave by the police...in fact, they told him if he refused to just leave the seat...you know....fucking stand up and walk out, he would end up being arrested....
Why should he have to give up the seat he paid for and had already been seated in?

Especially if he has patients waiting for him to give them care, and I dont see his past as relevant here, or are you saying he was currently going to drug and crew some of his present patients?

Airlines should not sell what they dont have, nor should any other business.

I could see the city & County trying to use the threat of criminal charges as a tool to avoid civil action. If his lawyer is half competent they'll laugh it off.

Forum List

Back