Well it didn't take the screamer long to get his lawyers lined up

He was asked to leave by the police...in fact, they told him if he refused to just leave the seat...you know....fucking stand up and walk out, he would end up being arrested....
Why should he have to give up the seat he paid for and had already been seated in?

Especially if he has patients waiting for him to give them care, and I dont see his past as relevant here, or are you saying he was currently going to drug and crew some of his present patients?

Airlines should not sell what they dont have, nor should any other business.
Contract of Carriage states he did, indeed, agree to give up his seat under a long list of circumstances. Being a doctor has nothing to do with it.

While we can agree on the concept of overbooking, that's not the case here. The extra crew was a last minute addition. If it had been scheduled, the seats would have been held for them. Deplaning passengers for crew members is extremely rare. It's a lose-lose for the airline to do it since they end up pissing off someone no matter what they do; either the four passengers there or the 70ish passengers the next morning when they have to cancel an early flight or delay it several hours forcing many to miss their connections.

My parents or grandparents would have acted like an adult and would have angrily complied with the orders instead of hanging on like a spoiled three year old. They wouldn't have made a spectacle of themselves, and instead they would have looked for a remedy later.
Of course my parents or grandparents didn't believe the world revolved around them in the first place.
Nonsensical bullshit. My grandfather would have done as he did. I paid for this seat, go fuck yourself. To do otherwise is cowardly bullshit.

Oh how fucking absurd.

My own grandfather was pretty feisty

He would have put up a fight if they tried to force him from a seat he had paid for
Shit, he would not even let you on his lawn

Well that's at least better than blood-curdling screams that upset the entire passenger list.
It's all about me me me!!
DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

I think anyone who is being attacked and assaulted and beat up and having bones broken, teeth knocked out --

He should have been screaming a lot louder.

Why would anyone suffer that attack silently.

What a really bizarre pile of crap that is.

Is there actual video of the man being beaten or punched in the face?

The soon to be rich doctor already has his lawyers ready to sick 'em on the soon to be defendents.

Watch now: Dr. David Dao's lawyers, daughter speak to the media

Lawyers for Dr. David Dao, the Kentucky doctor who was violently pulled from a United Airlines flight on Sunday, have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Thursday in Chicago. His daughter, Crystal Dao Pepper, will also speak....

It's always instructive when some jackboot authoritarian citizen-abuse event happens ---- who comes out on which side.

Always instructive, rarely surprising. :rolleyes:
To a conservative the worst possible crime is not accepting, without question, instructions from 'authority'.

Yeah, because it's so much more acceptable to make such a public spectacle of yourself, and create such chaos, that everyone else on the plane has their day ruined and their flight delayed.
Because after all, this mans time was more important than everyone else's.

You realize that four people were selected to be removed, and three of those left without incident. To you fucking liberals they are "cowards" for leaving.
I call them "adults" for making the best of a bad situation, and choosing to not disrupt everyone elses day.

I see the screamer also tried to play the race card:

“I’m not getting off the plane. I’m a doctor; I have to see patients in the morning.”

Mr. Hobart said: “We explained the scenario to the customer. That customer chose not to get out of his seat.”

The United employee then told the man that if he did not get off the plane, she would call security. As she turned to leave, the man shouted after her, Mr. Bridges said. Specifically, he said, the passenger complained that he had been singled out because he was Chinese.

“It was really intense, really uncomfortable,” he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/united-flight-passenger-dragged.html

Nonsensical bullshit. My grandfather would have done as he did. I paid for this seat, go fuck yourself. To do otherwise is cowardly bullshit.

Oh how fucking absurd.

He would have put up a fight if they tried to force him from a seat he had paid for

Well that's at least better than blood-curdling screams that upset the entire passenger list.
DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

I think anyone who is being attacked and assaulted and beat up and having bones broken, teeth knocked out --

It appears as he was struggling he hit his face on an armrest. Those little airplanes don't have a lot of room to dance around.

Here he is violating several state and Federal laws by refusing to leave:

Here is Dao breaking another law by running back on the aircraft and acting very unstable with Don Lemon advocating his actions:

Oh how fucking absurd.

DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

It appears as he was struggling he hit his face on an armrest. Those little airplanes don't have a lot of room to dance around.

Great, then it should be very easy for you to list the multiple laws he broke. But I am betting you won't post a single one, because there isn't any law that says a passenger has to do whatever the airline tells them to do. And I posted the contract of carriage---show me where it says a passenger can be asked to deboard the plane simply by request of the airline. It doesn't.

No charges have been filed. Believe me, if they could, they would, if for no other reason than to protect the city against a possible lawsuit. Instead, the security officers involved have all been suspended,

The soon to be rich doctor already has his lawyers ready to sick 'em on the soon to be defendents.

Lawyers for Dr. David Dao, the Kentucky doctor who was violently pulled from a United Airlines flight on Sunday, have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Thursday in Chicago. His daughter, Crystal Dao Pepper, will also speak....

It's always instructive when some jackboot authoritarian citizen-abuse event happens ---- who comes out on which side.

Always instructive, rarely surprising. :rolleyes:
To a conservative the worst possible crime is not accepting, without question, instructions from 'authority'.

Even better, they celebrate that he got the shit beat out of him for saying....no

Here is Dao breaking another law by running back on the aircraft and acting very unstable with Don Lemon advocating his actions:

Go with that one...

A man who had been knocked unconscious and was still disoriented from a concussion was not provided with medical attention and allowed to reboard the flight
He seemed very stable before he had the shit beat out of him

DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

Great, then it should be very easy for you to list the multiple laws he broke. But I am betting you won't post a single one, because there isn't any law that says a passenger has to do whatever the airline tells them to do. And I posted the contract of carriage---show me where it says a passenger can be asked to deboard the plane simply by request of the airline. It doesn't.

No charges have been filed. Believe me, if they could, they would, if for no other reason than to protect the city against a possible lawsuit. Instead, the security officers involved have all been suspended,

Google is your friend, Winston. Don't take my word for it. If you ever can afford to fly, I hope you "stand up for your rights" by disobeying the flight attendant and doing as you damn well please. Seriously. The quicker people do this, the quicker we'll winnow out the morons by putting them in jail or breaking them financially with fines. As it is, I doubt you fly much, maybe once a year to grandma's house. When you do, but sure to "stand up for your rights!!!" LOL

Expert suggests the law was broken on Flight 3411, but not by United Airlines
Andrew Harakas, partner and aviation expert at Clyde & Co law firm, told The Independent that Mr Dao was effectively obliged to disembark under federal law if asked to do so by staff.

“Once you’re a passenger on board an aircraft you can’t interfere with the crew performing their duties or the aircraft being operated, that’s the basic rule,” he said.

“He was denied boarding, he should have got off the plane but he didn’t and the authorities were called. From a legal perspective, he was violating the law if he interfered with the crew members’ duties or the ability for the plane to be operated."....

.....“Once you are on board an aircraft it is a general requirement of conditions that you obey the orders of the pilot and cabin crew,” he said, while adding that the orders often relate to safety instructions such as requiring passengers to fasten their seatbelts.

I'd be screaming too if I needed reconstructive surgery. This man may own the airline at the end of all of this.

Go with that one...

A man who had been knocked unconscious and was still disoriented from a concussion was not provided with medical attention and allowed to reboard the flight
He seemed very stable before he had the shit beat out of him

His refusal to comply with the flight crew and then the police officers took place before the third officer arrived and the fracas began, but you go with your version. ;)

I'd be screaming too if I needed reconstructive surgery. This man may own the airline at the end of all of this.
Federal prison offers sexual reassignment surgery so I suspect they can give Dao two false teeth and a nose job.

Disagreed. United wants this to go away so they'll throw some money at him, but behind the scenes, I suspect all the airline CEOs and their lobby, Airlines for America, are pressing hard for the Federal book to be thrown at Dao. His life changed for the worse forever that night.

Airlines For America |

Federal prison offers sexual reassignment surgery so I suspect they can give Dao two false teeth and a nose job.

Disagreed. United wants this to go away so they'll throw some money at him, but behind the scenes, I suspect all the airline CEOs and their lobby, Airlines for America, are pressing hard for the Federal book to be thrown at Dao. His life changed for the worse forever that night.

Airlines For America |

Police realized they fucked up big time
If they were going to file charges, they would have by now

Pay up you deadbeat

Airlines For America |

Pay up you deadbeat
Poor, poor clueless liar "rightwinger" doesn't understand there's a difference between the airline CEO, the Chicago police and Federal law. No worries. I'm sure many smarter, better educated and less emotional people will understand.

DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

Google is your friend, Winston. Don't take my word for it. If you ever can afford to fly, I hope you "stand up for your rights" by disobeying the flight attendant and doing as you damn well please. Seriously. The quicker people do this, the quicker we'll winnow out the morons by putting them in jail or breaking them financially with fines. As it is, I doubt you fly much, maybe once a year to grandma's house. When you do, but sure to "stand up for your rights!!!" LOL

Andrew Harakas, partner and aviation expert at Clyde & Co law firm, told The Independent that Mr Dao was effectively obliged to disembark under federal law if asked to do so by staff.

“Once you’re a passenger on board an aircraft you can’t interfere with the crew performing their duties or the aircraft being operated, that’s the basic rule,” he said.

“He was denied boarding, he should have got off the plane but he didn’t and the authorities were called. From a legal perspective, he was violating the law if he interfered with the crew members’ duties or the ability for the plane to be operated."....

.....“Once you are on board an aircraft it is a general requirement of conditions that you obey the orders of the pilot and cabin crew,” he said, while adding that the orders often relate to safety instructions such as requiring passengers to fasten their seatbelts.

Well your "expert", who makes a living representing AIRLINES, is full of shit. Your position, and evidently his, is that once you board a damn airplane you must following all the orders of the pilot and crew. Male steward tells you to suck his dick, well you better suck his dick. That is total bullshit. Passengers do have rights. There is a long list of scenarios where someone can be asked to disembark the plane. To make room for the airlines to fly additional crew members IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

As to my own flying. I am not elderly. I am not Asian. I am a big ass redneck hillbilly. I am willing to bet the security officers would have taken one look at me and then decide that perhaps the airline might want to examine other options.

DigitalDrifter

WTF are you thinking?

Well your "expert", who makes a living representing AIRLINES, is full of shit. Your position, and evidently his, is that once you board a damn airplane you must following all the orders of the pilot and crew. Male steward tells you to suck his dick, well you better suck his dick. That is total bullshit. Passengers do have rights. There is a long list of scenarios where someone can be asked to disembark the plane. To make room for the airlines to fly additional crew members IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

As to my own flying. I am not elderly. I am not Asian. I am a big ass redneck hillbilly. I am willing to bet the security officers would have taken one look at me and then decide that perhaps the airline might want to examine other options.

While I'm sure you liberals love to suck dick, smart, educated people know that it has to be a lawful order. The "male steward" whose dick you are looking at can't order you to suck his dick anymore than he can order you to murder the passenger next to you.

So, Mr. Dick-sucking Liberal, the next time your mommy buys you a plane ticket, please, please tell that gay flight attendant to go fuck himself and that you'll stop texting when you Goddamn feel like it!

BTW, I agree the police mishandled the situation. What they should have done was deplane everyone else until it was just them and Dao. Or in the scenario you suggested, just them and you. I've seen people turn into wusses the moment they are threatened with jail. They talk big but turn into pussycats when reality hits them between the eyes.

Airlines For America |

Pay up you deadbeat
Poor, poor clueless liar "rightwinger" doesn't understand there's a difference between the airline CEO, the Chicago police and Federal law. No worries. I'm sure many smarter, better educated and less emotional people will understand.

If they thought they had charges, they would have filed by now

Pay up deadbeat

Airlines For America |

Somebody said that Dao's medical license is suspended in Kentucky for overprescribing opiates. I'll bet that Dao has skeletons in his closet.

Forum List

Back