Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

One can but a pound of beef and make 5 burgers for the price of a gross tasting fast food burger. Problem solved. McDonald's rendered unnecessary.
I think most libs who are freaked out by the man-made global warming DOOMSDAY HOAX would prefer to make 2 or 3 bland tasting vege burgers instead so they can kill the cows and save the planet from cow farts

Another leftist with no understanding of Econ 101.

1) Who promised adults that if they took on an unskilled job a 16-year-old does for a little extra spending money that they would be able to support their families on it?

2) Wow. You sure are looking for excuses. Now they can’t afford an education?? Our taxes fund Pell Grants, and that would provide them with an A.A. in a marketable field.
You need to understand Econ 101 if you assume minimum wage workers stay at that wage for life. Many are stuck in low paying jobs for life.
Those who pay minimum wage plan on a low wage workforce for life. Workers may come and go, but their low wages are forever.

You trivialize what low wage workers need their salary for. You assume they all live with wealthy parents and spend their earnings at the nearby mall.

High School and College aged students need those jobs to pay for college or maybe buy a car or rent a room or apartment. Young couples need those jobs to pay living expenses, pay for childcare

Just because someone is only earning minimum wage for a short time does not justify them being exploited while they do.

Those who pay minimum wage plan on a low wage workforce for life. Workers may come and go, but their low wages are forever.
Hold on

You think a low skill job that is not intended to be s professional career should pay as much as a highly trained nurse or a plumber gets?

If so thats insane

Years ago I went to Canada on a fishing trip and was told not to tip the locals so they would not expect it from their countrymen. I still tipped our guide very well because he put us on to some of the best Walleye fishing I ever experienced in one day.
Ugly Americans are ugly.

I love the horror Americans exude when contemplating the concept of a living wage.

Hold on

You think a low skill job that is not intended to be s professional career should pay as much as a highly trained nurse or a plumber gets?

If so thats insane
Who ever said they should get as much as a nurse or plumber?

I did say low wage workers should be able to work 40 hours a week and not need taxpayer assistance to survive
I did say low wage workers should earn enough to pay for an education so they won’t spend their lives as low wage workers
I did say people should not have to stay out of the workforce because child care costs more than they are making

Hold on

If so thats insane
I love how feeding you should be considered a low status occupation.

stupid idiot. be prepared to be served by machines and have no first time jobs for the kids now.
No kids work at McD's. Mostly older Spanish speaking grandma's.

Who ever said they should get as much as a nurse or plumber?

I did say low wage workers should be able to work 40 hours a week and not need taxpayer assistance to survive
I did say low wage workers should earn enough to pay for an education so they won’t spend their lives as low wage workers
I did say people should not have to stay out of the workforce because child care costs more than they are making
You libtards don’t listen, do you!

I just told you that Pell Grants can provide them with a free A.A. So stop the excuse that they can’t afford an education to get out of the McDonalds rut.

They don’t like that they only earn $15 an hour an McDoanlds? Then they can sign up for classes to learn aa valuable trade and get out of the rut, and Americans will pay for it.

No kids work at McD's. Mostly older Spanish speaking grandma's.
Yup. And they live with their adult children and grandchildren, and are working to earn a bit of money to put toward household expenses.

Maybe we could solve this by labeling unskilled jobs “supplemental jobs” - thereby clarifying upfront that these are intended to help people contribute to the family but cannot support a family by themselves.

The government NEVER should mandate wages.

Compensation should be a negotiation between an employer and employee and the damn government should stay out of it.

If you are such a sorry individual that the only way you can get a pay raise is because some asshole bureaucrat forces your employer to give you more money then you are pretty much a turd. In a lot of cases that will result in you losing your job.

Just another example of how the government is out of control.

The government NEVER should mandate wages.

Compensation should be a negotiation between an employer and employee and the damn government should stay out of it.

Unless you do it all together as a group?

'Inflation', it's the Democrat's middle name, they just seem to revel in it.
Imagine if you are running a few fast-food franchises. I can see the U-Hauls now!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to raise minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 per hour​

No one really considers the practical mandate of these laws. Basically, they're saying: "If you can't get a job for at least $20.00/hr, fuck you. You can't work."

'Inflation', it's the Democrat's middle name, they just seem to revel in it.
Imagine if you are running a few fast-food franchises. I can see the U-Hauls now!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signs law to raise minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 per hour​

/——-/ Say hello to the new kiosk opening near you.

stupid idiot. be prepared to be served by machines and have no first time jobs for the kids now.
Fast Food joints will either go almost completely automated or they'll shut their doors and move to a normal state run by normal people. Newsome is a few marbles shy of a full bag.

Forum List

Back