Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

If you are so sorry that you can't sell your labor without help from other sorry people then fuck you.

As I figured. You don't really mean what you say. It's all your fantasies.

Dismissed.

You libtards don’t listen, do you!

I just told you that Pell Grants can provide them with a free A.A. So stop the excuse that they can’t afford an education to get out of the McDonalds rut.

They don’t like that they only earn $15 an hour an McDoanlds? Then they can sign up for classes to learn aa valuable trade and get out of the rut, and Americans will pay for it.
That is the idea
Get a low wage job and you can pay for an education and then get a high paying career
And no….Pell grants do not come close

What does happen is students accumulate massive debt and move back in with their parents after graduating

Minimum wage used to pay for college. It did for me.
Today it doesn’t come close

As I figured. You don't really mean what you say. It's all your fantasies.

Dismissed.
My "fantasy" is to have a country where the goddamn government didn't fuck up everything, like interfering in the labor market.

You, being an uneducated Moon Bat, are simply too damn stupid to understand how destructive it is.

My "fantasy" is to have a country where the goddamn government didn't fuck up everything, like interfering in the labor market.

With my question the government isn't interfering.

You, being an uneducated Moon Bat, are simply too damn stupid to understand how destructive it is.

Stay on topic. People negotiating better pay.

I did say low wage workers should be able to work 40 hours a week and not need taxpayer assistance to survive
Wages should be based on skill and worth - not only worth to the employer but value to the consumer who ultimately pays the eages of the employee

Assigning arbritary wages based on how much your heart bleeds for low-skill, low-worth people is doomed to fail

as does any economic system not based on the free market

That is the idea
Get a low wage job and you can pay for an education and then get a high paying career

What does happen is students accumulate massive debt and move back in with their parents after graduating

Nobody said a high-paying career. But Pell Grants will provide you with enough of an education to move from hamburger flipper to a better job with higher earnings.

That is the idea

And as far as the massive debt, kids can start at Community college -paid for entirely by Pell Grants - and then, if bright and a good enough student, win an academic transfer scholarship to a 4-year.

If not a good enough student at community college, maybe a full university education isn’t for you. Get a job.

Wages should be based on skill and worth - not only worth to the employer but value to the consumer who ultimately pays the eages of the employee

Assigning arbritary wages based on how much your heart bleeds for low-skill, low-worth people is doomed to fail

as does any economic system not based on the free market

Well…let’s look at worth
What is it worth to stay in business?

Conservatives mock “Burger Flipping Jobs”
If a sit down restaurant is charging $15 for a burger and fries, is it worth $1 to the guy who makes it?

And as far as the massive debt, kids can start at Community college -paid for e timely by Pell Grants - and then, if bright and a good enough student, win an academic transfer scholarship to a 4-year.

If not a good enough student at community college, maybe a full university education isn’t for you. Get a job.

I have to laugh at Conservatives who were outraged when Biden wanted to offer free Community college now use it as a model for affordable college education

Nobody said a high-paying career. But Pell Grants will provide you with enough of an education to move from hamburger flipper to a better job with higher earnings.
And it will make the worker a more valuable member of society

Well…let’s look at worth

Conservatives mock “Burger Flipping Jobs”
If a sit down restaurant is charging $15 for a burger and fries, is it worth $1 to the guy who makes it?
Libs mock burger flipping jobs also

And rightly so

They should be mostly for teenagers and temporary adult employment at low wages

Like DeSantis, right?

As you define exploitation which means paying them what the job is worth - yes

An employee must also decide if it is worth it to work 40 hours for a job that won’t even pay for childcare or other expenses

In this case, the State of California must decide if it is “worth” it to subsidize low wages or to make employers subsidize their own workers?

An employee must also decide if it is worth it to work 40 hours for a job that won’t even pay for childcare or other expenses

In this case, the State of California must decide if it is “worth” it to subsidize low wages or to make employers subsidize their own workers?
Are conceding that your hypothetical worker is simply unqualified for a better job and must always be carried by society?

I have to laugh at Conservatives who were outraged when Biden wanted to offer free Community college now use it as a model for affordable college education
It IS free already - for the lower-income. The middle class can pay the modest tuition on their own.

Forum List

Back