Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

My kids hate rice, except (OCCASIONALLY) rice a roni...I wish they didn't, there's so many cool things you can do with it...

I might start cooking it anyway. It's cheap I think, and if the kids won't eat it, the dogs will, and it will be good for them.

I made Contre filet de Richelieu.

I started with 1 pound beef tenderloin (Filet Mignon), salted and peppered, and seared it in a very hot pan to get a solid crust. This is important to ensure that the juices are retained during cooking. Put the meat in a hot oven at 450° and cook to preference - though 120° would be normal. (Medium rare)

The sauce is typical French cuisine. Start with a hollandaise.
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe - Basic Hollandaise Sauce

Take a 1/4 cup of dry white wine, 1/4 white wine vinegar. 1 TBSP of fresh Rosemary finely chopped, 1 TBSP of fresh tarragon, finely chopped. Reduce the liquid with the herbs in it by half. Whisking briskly, stir the hot mixture into the hollandaise. Saute 1 lb of sliced mushrooms in 1/4 cup of wine and a pat of butter. Drain the mushrooms and gently fold them into the sauce.

Slice the tenderloin thin, ladle the sauce over the meat and fresh steamed vegetables such asparagus, yellow squash, baby red potatoes, etc.

Last edited:
A fried bologna sammie on white toast with a few chips. Some vanilla ice cream for dessert. Have a sinus infection, 101.3 temp and after getting some Keflex from the doc, and the ibuprofen finally taking my temp below 100, I finally felt like eating. Couldn't taste a damn thing though. <sigh>

Probably for the best, zoom.

I like fried bologna as much as the next guy...but ....

Enchiladas & chili (we didn't have refried beans) were a major hit!!

The kids were good and hungry...we rode bikes & scooters both am & pm...

Chicken & dumplings..or chicken pot pie. I don't know what to call it, it cooks in the oven:

023_zpsdc51e012.jpg

Went to a local restaurant with outdoor seating:

Squash blossom tempura
Roasted beet salad
Rotisserie chicken and brussell sprouts
Chocolate cake with peanut butter ice cream (split with mr. boe)

And a couple glasses of rose.

(and I have leftovers for lunch today!)

Squash blossom tempura
Roasted beet salad

My boss frowns on me drinking wine at lunch, even if it's leftovers....

:razz:

Squash blossom tempura
Roasted beet salad

My boss frowns on me drinking wine at lunch, even if it's leftovers....

:razz:

There was no leftover wine. ;)

You need a big seasoned wok and very high heat, which most home ranges can't generate.

Forum List

Back