Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

You need a big seasoned wok and very high heat, which most home ranges can't generate.

Also, throw shrimp tails in the rice while it's cooking - much of the flavor comes from the shells. Use rice wine vinegar as well as soy sauce when frying the rice and very little oil. I use sesame oil, which add more flavor.

Isn't there duck sauce involved in this somewhere?

Just ate a Vlasic 'Farmer's Garden' kosher dill spear and I've got 2 english muffins in the toaster.

Speaking as a pickle aficionado, I'm sad to say that them are the best damn pickles I've ever had.

I'm making pickles this year for the first time.

I'm making bread & butter pickles, dill pickles, sweets AND bread & butter pickled onions.

Boston butt. Rubbed with generous amounts of salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder and roasted at 325 until fall-off-the bone. Served with a good store-bought BBQ sauce.

Corn on the cob. Peel back the husks (don't remove), rub corn with mustard (I prefer standard yellow), butter, salt and course ground black pepper. Then replace the husks and nuke for 2 minutes. It tastes even better if you put it on the grill.

Sliced beefsteak tomatoes brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and just a touch of sugar.

It's simple stuff, but it's good.

Last edited:
Boston butt. Rubbed with generous amounts of salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder and roasted at 325 until fall-off-the bone. Served with a good store-bought BBQ sauce.

Corn on the cob. Peel back the husks (don't remove), rub corn with mustard (I prefer standard yellow), salt and course ground black pepper. Then replace the husks and nuke for 2 minutes. It tastes even better if you put it on the grill.

Sliced beefsteak tomatoes brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and just a touch of sugar.

It's simple stuff, but it's good.

Oooh my aunt made the best Bo butt evah. :thup:

Ummmm. Sounds heavenly.

I had a ground turkey patty, cauliflower and brocolli in butter sauce (smart balance) and mashed taters.

Forum List

Back