Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Alaskan King Crab legs tonight..and white rice..and some sort of veggie.
Blame Master Chef show. But instead of butter poached lobster like they had to make..I will use crab legs.

The crab was delish....but I had a helluva time cracking it open. So...that will probably be my last crab meal. I don't like canned crab. Ick.

Chicken patty, mashed taters, broccoli and carrots, hot buttered buns.

Hot crossed buns, you know what a hot crossed bun is? It when a klue klux clansman shoves a burning cross up your ass-George Carlin.

Last edited:
It's my daughter's turn to cook, and my grandkids are visiting, so we're apparently having sloppy joes and french fries.

And by "Sarah's turn to cook", I DO mean that she put a skillet full of food on a hot stove burner, and then took to her bed with "woman problems" and her smartphone in the certain knowledge that I would take over. :wtf:

Sushi. We tried a new restaurant that recently opened in the 'hood.

Twas fab. Will definitely go back for more!

It's my daughter's turn to cook, and my grandkids are visiting, so we're apparently having sloppy joes and french fries.

And by "Sarah's turn to cook", I DO mean that she put a skillet full of food on a hot stove burner, and then took to her bed with "woman problems" and her smartphone in the certain knowledge that I would take over. :wtf:

Hahaha, isn't that the way of it, though...

My son and his family come almost every weekend and it's almost always my turn to cook, lol.

I don't mind, though. I decided years ago that I could be angry that I have a big crew that expect me to serve them, and grump around...or I could just do it and be a goddess in their eyes.

I chose goddess.

Hahaha, isn't that the way of it, though...

My son and his family come almost every weekend and it's almost always my turn to cook, lol.

I don't mind, though. I decided years ago that I could be angry that I have a big crew that expect me to serve them, and grump around...or I could just do it and be a goddess in their eyes.

I chose goddess.

I don't even much care what they think of me. I would just honestly rather eat my cooking than my daughter's. It appears that my oldest son inherited my cooking abilities, and Sarah inherited her grandmother's: edible, but that's about it.

I start my new job on Monday - finally! - and sometime this weekend, I'm going to make a broccoli-pasta salad with tzatziki sauce on it, so that I have some to take to work for lunch.

IMAG0426_zps0d084e90.jpg

I made meatloaf using a new recipe that really came out well if you like meatloaf that is lighter, moister and less dense.

Here is the link...I followed the recipe completely EXCEPT I only used an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, adding it all to the meatloaf mixture, and used NO tomato sauce for the topping, just straight catsup.

The Best Meatloaf I've Ever Made Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Made some mashed taters and built a meatloaf sandwich...Real mayo, bread and butter pickles, mashed taters, meatloaf, shredded cheddar cheese.

These should be illegal they are soooo down home delectable...but I'm glad they aren't. :D

I put shredded cheddar cheese INSIDE my meatloaf. Makes it tast so good!

Anyway..tonight that is what I had..meatloaf, green beans and fried taters.

Forum List

Back