Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night I grilled a four pound sirloin roast. The night before I removed the string from the roast and rubbed it with six garlic cloves, minced, three tablespoons of kosher salt and one tbs of black pepper. I then wrapped the roast in plastic wrap and left in the fridge overnight.

One hour before cooking I took the roast out of the fridge and left it wrapped on the counter. At 5PM I preheated our gas grill on high. When it was preheated past 500 degrees I coated the grill with oil and seared the now unwrapped roast for 12 minutes, five per side and two minutes on each end.

I then cut the gas to three burners, leaving the one on the far left on medium-low (the pan on the right side of the grill) and placed the roast in an aluminum baking pan in which I had puntured 16 holes with an ice pick. I placed a probe in the meat and set the alarm for 140 degrees. Keeping the meat under 120 degrees for 45 minutes at which time I turned the pan so each side of the beef had a turn facing the heat source.

After turning the meat I raised the tempeture to medium, and let the roast go another 45 minutes until the internal temperature reached 140 degrees, I then removed the roast, tented it, and let it rest for 20 minutes.

At that time my wife put asparagus on the grill, seasoned with garlic salt and on the side burner fried pre-cooked red potatoes with yellow bell pepper and yellow onions in olive oil.

Twenty minutes later the meal was ready, the roast was medium rare, the crust yummy and the veggies perfectly cooked. Once we added the fruit salad and sourdough french bread dinner was served.

Last edited:
Last night I grilled a four pound sirloin roast. The night before I removed the string from the roast and rubbed it with six garlic cloves, minced, three tablespoons of kosher salt and one tbs of black pepper. I then wrapped the roast in plastic wrap and left in the fridge overnight.

One hour before cooking I took the roast out of the fridge and left it wrapped on the counter. At 5PM I preheated our gas grill on high. When it was preheated past 500 degrees I coated the grill with oil and seared the now unwrapped roast for 12 minutes, five per side and two minutes on each end.

I then cut the gas to three burners, leaving the one on the far left on medium-low and placed the roast in an aluminum baking pan in which I had puntured 16 holes with an ice pick. I placed a probe in the meat and set the alarm for 140 degrees. Keeping the meat under 120 degrees for 45 minutes at which time I turned the pan so each side of the beef had a turn facing the heat source.

After turning the meat I raised the tempeture to medium, and let the roast go another 45 minutes until the internal temperature reaced 140 degrees, I then removed the roast, tented it, and let it rest for 20 minutes.

At that time my wife put asparagus on the grill, seasoned with garlic salt and on the side burner fried pre-cooked red potatoes with yellow bell pepper and yellow onions

Twenty minutes later the meal was ready, the roast was medium rare, the crust yummy. Add a fruit salad and sour dough french bread and dinner was served.

:eusa_drool:

It happens to be my lovely wife's birthday so I'm making

Seared diver scallops in a Beurre Blanc served with baby vegetables in a puff pastry shell.

I'll serve it with a chilled French Riesling

For dessert it's steamed lemon pudding with fresh raspberries drizzled with a raspberry Limoncello sauce served with an espresso martini.

It happens to be my lovely wife's birthday so I'm making

Seared diver scallops in a Beurre Blanc served with baby vegetables in a puff pastry shell.

I'll serve it with a chilled French Riesling

For dessert it's steamed lemon pudding with fresh raspberries drizzled with a raspberry Limoncello sauce served with an espresso martini.

Sounds delicious.:eusa_drool:

Organic Whole Wheat Spagetti and Home Made Meatballs:

1 lb ground turkey
1 lb Bob Evans Breakfast Sausage
2 cups italian Breadcrumbs
2 tbls minced garlic

I fry the balls then let them sit in simmering sauce all day.

BTW I use any jarred sauce: adding a little sugar and cayenne pepper kicks it up enough so no one notices.:redface:

5 Guys
(Burgers and fries, not 5 guys.......) :lol:

I had a burger from there for the first time last weekend. Pretty good for a 7 dollar burger.

We're going out for sushi tonight.

Know what you mean which is why it's an occasional treat and I never eat in. If I wanted to eat at a concert hall I'd go to a concert hall, you pretty much have to yell to give them your order.

Organic Whole Wheat Spagetti and Home Made Meatballs:

1 lb ground turkey
1 lb Bob Evans Breakfast Sausage
2 cups italian Breadcrumbs
2 tbls minced garlic

BTW I use any jarred sauce: adding a little sugar and cayenne pepper kicks it up enough so no one notices.:redface:

Food tread.... not a sex thread...... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back