🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I had two donuts on the AM side, plus a cup of Joe. Kona blend, dark and no sweetener. That's all I have had all day. Tomorrow, I might even have soup!
Food and I have a love hate relationship. I can loose a few pounds, brother. But thanks for asking.

So, crash dieting. Ok. I understand.
I cycle to work now, and try to be more environmentally friendly and have a smaller carbon footprint and I eat less meat. I still indulge, Hot links, barbecue and fried foods . Damn, I could just die for a Famous Daves brisket sandwich or a churches chicken...damn.

I had two donuts on the AM side, plus a cup of Joe. Kona blend, dark and no sweetener. That's all I have had all day. Tomorrow, I might even have soup!
Food and I have a love hate relationship. I can loose a few pounds, brother. But thanks for asking.

So, crash dieting. Ok. I understand.
I cycle to work now, and try to be more environmentally friendly and have a smaller carbon footprint and I eat less meat. I still indulge, Hot links, barbecue and fried foods . Damn, I could just die for a Famous Daves brisket sandwich or a churches chicken...damn.

Ya cant beat Churches when it comes to chicken.
A side of fried Okra and some mashed taters and I'm in Heaven!

We're having homemade meatball grinders, I made the meatballs this morning fresh.
Tossed salad with homemade Crouton's
Lemon Jello with fruit cocktail and whipped cream or watermelon.
Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting sprinkled with M&M's.

I am having potato soup tonight
Can you imagine that?
with a delicious big side salad and lots of fruit as dessert

Can you imagine that?

Vichyssoise? Or something heartier?

I really like vichyssoise, but I tend to have it only in the summer. In the fall and winter, I prefer a more rustic preparation.

Can you imagine that?

I really like vichyssoise, but I tend to have it only in the summer. In the fall and winter, I prefer a more rustic preparation.
vichyssoise is served cold, and it's all blended. Potato soup is hot and not blended.

Grilled chicken breast with cheese tortellini,mushrooms,garlic,spinach,sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with a white wine butter sauce and a touch of chicken broth.

upload_2017-7-23_20-25-41.png

We added the chicken....

We went with the neighbors on half a cow a few months ago.

Tonight was some killer burgers on the grill....

-Geaux

Can you imagine that?

vichyssoise is served cold, and it's all blended. Potato soup is hot and not blended.
I realize that's the difference and that epicureans will make that distinction. For some, perhaps quite a few, the English for vichyssoise, particularly if one isn't familiar with the French term is, "cold potato soup" or just "potato soup." I don't know whether folks here are epicureans, gourmets, gastronomes, etc. or whether they are simply sharing what they prepared/ate.

FWIW, my parents' former housekeeper/cook called it potato soup when she made it. As a kid, I was eating vichyssoise for years before I had any idea that it has a "fancy" name, vichyssoise. She'd just say she was making potato soup and ask if I wanted it hot or cold. Now I know she didn't speak French, but I also know she knew what she was cooking and so she just called it by it's main ingredient.

The woman wasn't a chef, but she could "throw down" in the kitchen, easily holding her own with formally trained cooks. Many times she'd help Mom improve upon, adapt or modify a recipe Mom had gotten from a cookbook or magazine. I my mind I can still hear her..."Oh, you're cooking that again. This time, try this....I think you'll like it better." Her suggestions were always an ingredient or a technique, and to this day, I do not know how she knew to suggest the things she did, but I know she wasn't wrong.

Can you imagine that?

I realize that's the difference and that epicureans will make that distinction. For some, perhaps quite a few, the English for vichyssoise, particularly if one isn't familiar with the French term is, "cold potato soup" or just "potato soup." I don't know whether folks here are epicureans, gourmets, gastronomes, etc. or whether they are simply sharing what they prepared/ate.

FWIW, my parents' former housekeeper/cook called it potato soup when she made it. As a kid, I was eating vichyssoise for years before I had any idea that it has a "fancy" name, vichyssoise. She'd just say she was making potato soup and ask if I wanted it hot or cold. Now I know she didn't speak French, but I also know she knew what she was cooking and so she just called it by it's main ingredient.

The woman wasn't a chef, but she could "throw down" in the kitchen, easily holding her own with formally trained cooks. Many times she'd help Mom improve upon, adapt or modify a recipe Mom had gotten from a cookbook or magazine. I my mind I can still hear her..."Oh, you're cooking that again. This time, try this....I think you'll like it better." Her suggestions were always an ingredient or a technique, and to this day, I do not know how she knew to suggest the things she did, but I know she wasn't wrong.
Hot vichyssoise is potato leek soup ;)

My dil made supper tonight, homemade chicken noodle soup, she does a good job. This time we had zucchini and potato and carrot and onion and broccoli in it. She does it differently than I do but it's still yummy.

Grilled chicken breast with cheese tortellini,mushrooms,garlic,spinach,sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with a white wine butter sauce and a touch of chicken broth.

View attachment 140229
We added the chicken....

45 Easy Summer Dinner Recipes

I highly recommend this dish!!!

It does look delicious!

I'm hungry now.:p

It was fantastic!!
You should give it a go!

Forum List

Back