Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Grilled chicken breast with cheese tortellini,mushrooms,garlic,spinach,sun dried tomatoes in olive oil with a white wine butter sauce and a touch of chicken broth.

View attachment 140229
We added the chicken....

45 Easy Summer Dinner Recipes

I highly recommend this dish!!!

It does look delicious!

I'm hungry now.:p

It was fantastic!!
You should give it a go!
I love those little tortellini bastards.

I make a cream parmesan sauce...butter, cream, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese omg best thing ever.
If I have mushrooms i throw those in too. I use it as the sauce for tortellini and for chicken fettucini.

For chicken, I saute the chicken in butter, then put the mushrooms right at the end of that process, cook them just long enough to get them good and hot, then add the cream, then the parmesan...

I could live on that stuff.

I'm addicted to cream and cream by-products anyway, it's so sad for me.

Seafood and pasta salad.
Crab cakes
Baby portobello mushroom's sautéed in butter.
Tossed salad with homemade Buttermilk Basil dressing
Corn bread

Your choice of blue berry muffins,Italian Ice or chocolate eclairs.

Tonight, I am having steak (T bone steak of course) and twice baked potatoes and mushrooms. Yummy! Can't wait. My taters are cooking right now. Twice baked potatoes are awesome but time consuming.

Not for tonight but for next weekend.
upload_2017-7-27_16-48-59.png

My new smoker should arrive on Wednesday and I ordered this little gem for the first smoke.
Double R Ranch Beef Brisket
Wet aged for 28 days!!!
BBQ Nirvana!!!

I just finished grilling up my steaks (they are small - just enough for two - so only a few minutes to cook), and my potatoes are in the oven and almost ready. My mushrooms and steaks are waiting for the potatoes to join the party! :D

I just finished grilling up my steaks (they are small - just enough for two - so only a few minutes to cook), and my potatoes are in the oven and almost ready. My mushrooms and steaks are waiting for the potatoes to join the party! :D

My cook time will be a bit longer at 12 to 14 hours.:biggrin:

Yeah, that is a big piece of meat! Looks really delicious. You are smoking it?

Yep.
Smoke till it hits 160 then wrap in pink butcher paper and finish till it hits 205 then put it in the cambro for at least an hour.

Yep.
Smoke till it hits 160 then wrap in pink butcher paper and finish till it hits 205 then put it in the cambro for at least an hour.

I've never really smoked anything before. I have done the wet wood chips thing in my grill though. I've never had a smoker, but I was looking at some at Home Depot.

Yep.

I've never really smoked anything before. I have done the wet wood chips thing in my grill though. I've never had a smoker, but I was looking at some at Home Depot.

Unless you like to play with fire for extended periods of time I'd get a pellet smoker,they're pretty much set and forget.
If you're on a budget I'd look at Traeger.
If ya want to spend some money on one i'd look at the Mak 1 star general or the Yoder YS 480.

Tonight I really didn't feel like cooking. Neither of us were ravenous but wanted a little something non sweet and non junkfood.

So I pretended the grilled cheese sandwiches I made and served with Fritos and a Diet Coke weren't junk food.

Enjoyed them immensely. :)
Make it a cheese and tomato panini on whole wheat and serve it with multi grain corn chips and salsa and then it really would not be junk food. That diet Coke though , forgetaboutit

We're going to throw down some T-Bones, scalloped potatoes and a green salad. Topped off with garlic buttered King Hawaiian rolls.

Edit- Wish I had a couple ears of sweet corn ready

-Geaux

Forum List

Back