Wendy's to install self ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations in 2017

No more wrong orders or missing items. Think this was accelerated by the industry finding out hiring people who barely speak English wasn't really bright.

You do realize that article states “This is an extrapolation based on previous years’ sales progressions, and a strong summer or fall could boost the final figures.“

Are you somehow thinking that a projection from early 2016 disproves the actual final sales numbers of 2016? Numbers are here, and 2016 is exactly what I said it was:

0h6YKaY.png
"Perhaps the most alarming indicator of the industry’s descent, though, is that even its prized reboots—those blockbuster sequels Hollywood has been relying on as low-risk cash grabs—have been failing at the box office. The New York Times played coroner earlier this month, pronouncing that such reboots as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Zoolander 2, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, The Divergent Series: Allegiant, and Alice Through the Looking Glass have “disappointed or flopped outright.” Hauntingly, these were the very films that, just two months ago, studios were confidently plugging inside Caesar’s Palace at CinemaCon as the kind of content that could help revive the theater business."
Ya right.
The FF industry isn't eliminating indoor seating and the Hollywood movie industry is ticking along just fine. LOL!
Would you be interested in buying a few thousand hoodies with Trayvon Martin's 12 year old face screen printed on them?
There's a guy in Nigeria who will sell you the lot real cheap.

Personally I don't know how movie theaters are selling /any/ tickets all their putting out lately is terrible remakes of old movies. Not to mention the theaters are gross, sticky floors and gum under the uncomfortable seats, then they charge you $5 for a bucket of stale popcorn, 4 bucks for over carbonated coke... I can't even cook and I can make better popcorn in the microwave than the theater does heh

If you can't even run a simple payment system, why should anyone trust a complete overhaul of a system that allows you to take orders and your payments?
Unless you are a cash customer I can't see how it is any different, a card is swiped by either an employee or by you.

Typical idiot American.

It's called buy chip readers and purchase NFC readers. Magnetic stripes are way more vulnerable to hacking.

Wendy's to install self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations in 2017
Wendy's customers will soon be ordering from a computer as the company plans on installing self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 of its fast food locations by the end of 2017, according to the company's February investor report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jobs are going, going, going so many ppl warned those 15 an hr idiots this would happen. With Obamacare in the picture at the time and still on going for now . Who do you think these companies are going to want more computers/robots or a human pain in the ass who wants more and more pay, calls of sick, takes vacations.....
Yaaay it's such a conspiracy that technology will be taking many, many jobs.
Why Pay for Shallow Yuppies Who Think Like Simple Robots?

Inflexibly narrow-minded White Collar conformists can also be easily replaced by computer programs. The conceited mediocrities in the professions have already lost many jobs to specialized websites.

No more wrong orders or missing items. Think this was accelerated by the industry finding out hiring people who barely speak English wasn't really bright.

Wrong orders or missing items are more a function of the line and the baggers than the order taker. And those people are not going away soon.

Wrong orders or missing items are more a function of the line and the baggers than the order taker. And those people are not going away soon.
Pretty sure they had illegals in back too........... work load in fast food is so far reduced from when I was in and they have larger crews..........

Typical idiot American.

It's called buy chip readers and purchase NFC readers. Magnetic stripes are way more vulnerable to hacking.
You're too dense to even get my point, I'll type more slowly for you.

It isn't relevant whether it is a kiosk or a person, because either way a card is being read. In other words it won't be any worse than handing your card to a cashier.

No one lost his job when the telephone was invented. Bell created millions of jobs. So did Edison and Henry Ford. The big shots who don't come through on that can be done away with easily.
Yep. Technology put a hundreds of thousands of telephone operators out of work, and we instead have hundreds of thousands in the wireless industry.

It doesn't work in a vacuum.

"Perhaps the most alarming indicator of the industry’s descent, though, is that even its prized reboots—those blockbuster sequels Hollywood has been relying on as low-risk cash grabs—have been failing at the box office. The New York Times played coroner earlier this month, pronouncing that such reboots as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Zoolander 2, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, The Divergent Series: Allegiant, and Alice Through the Looking Glass have “disappointed or flopped outright.” Hauntingly, these were the very films that, just two months ago, studios were confidently plugging inside Caesar’s Palace at CinemaCon as the kind of content that could help revive the theater business."
Ya right.
You're really good at implying some content you have discounts what I posted, clue for you = it doesn't. You asked who would go spend money on movies, I pointed out that over 1,334,000 tickets were sold so many people would. Blurbs from early 2016 projecting ticket sales and quotes above the movie business do not alter this reality.

The FF industry isn't eliminating indoor seating and the Hollywood movie industry is ticking along just fine. LOL!
I never said either one of these statements, so now it seems you've moved from making up facts about FF sales ratios to inventing strawman arguments to attack. I'll repeat my positions since you're either deceitfully or stupidly misquoting them.
1. Your 98% drivethru sales for FF claim is rubbish, industry numbers say 60% to 70%
2. I don't believe your claim there will be no indoor FF seating in ten years
3. Plenty of people still go to the movies

Making up brand new opinions for others is the sound of someone on the losing end of an argument.

Would you be interested in buying a few thousand hoodies with Trayvon Martin's 12 year old face screen printed on them?
There's a guy in Nigeria who will sell you the lot real cheap.
Interesting jokes about dishonesty given how easily it was proven you were completely full of shit regarding drivethru sales.

People will get pissed off at the machines and go somewhere else no big deal..... For what Wendy's charges for a combo I can go to a diner and eat a good meal.

Typical idiot American.

You're too dense to even get my point, I'll type more slowly for you.

It isn't relevant whether it is a kiosk or a person, because either way a card is being read. In other words it won't be any worse than handing your card to a cashier.

I shouldn't have to hand my card to a cashier anyways. We're probably the only 1st world country that does that.

If Wendy's can't even manage their own payment systems with 21st century technology, nor care about the security of it, I wouldn't trust them to develop a system of kiosks that are reliable and accurate.

Typing slow doesn't do shit to help someone better understand what you've typed, we're only reading what you've said, you're not verbally using words, but that right there summarizes your intelligence level.

Or you just think you're being funny, but in reality, you're just making yourself look stupid... As if you already didn't by failing to see the point of my original post.
Yawn, if you understood the point you wouldn't have made such an utterly retarded response. The stupid one is always the last one to realize that is who they are, that would be you and you should thank me for letting you know.

Dream on pal.
You think Wendy's installing 1000 kiosks won't replace a bunch of humans?
You think all the other FF outlets aren't busy doing the same?
You better get your grade twelve PDQ if you don't want to sweep up garbage in Walmart parking lots the rest of your life.

Or you just think you're being funny, but in reality, you're just making yourself look stupid... As if you already didn't by failing to see the point of my original post.
Yawn, if you understood the point you wouldn't have made such an utterly retarded response. The stupid one is always the last one to realize that is who they are, that would be you and you should thank me for letting you know.
That's enough of your stupidity.
You're a troll looking for circular arguments to get your loser day in.
Permanent Ignore.

Forum List

Back