Wendy's to install self ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations in 2017

how does the tax situation change for firms, when they can no longer deduct the cost of labor on their taxes.

No one lost his job when the telephone was invented. Bell created millions of jobs. So did Edison and Henry Ford. The big shots who don't come through on that can be done away with easily.
Yep. Technology put a hundreds of thousands of telephone operators out of work, and we instead have hundreds of thousands in the wireless industry.

It doesn't work in a vacuum.

In fact, we need enough job-killing technology to free workers for job-creating technology. Only that much, and nothing more.

People will get pissed off at the machines and go somewhere else no big deal..... For what Wendy's charges for a combo I can go to a diner and eat a good meal.
Why on Earth would anyone get pissed off at a machine taking your order? :cuckoo:

People will get pissed off at the machines and go somewhere else no big deal..... For what Wendy's charges for a combo I can go to a diner and eat a good meal.
Why on Earth would anyone get pissed off at a machine taking your order? :cuckoo:

Our local gas station has touch machines and everything is always screwed up....machines cant replace a kid who doesn't give a shit if your order is right or not....I will stick with Chic-fil-a :eusa_drool:

Our local gas station has touch machines and everything is always screwed up....machines cant replace a kid who doesn't give a shit if your order is right or not....I will stick with Chic-fil-a :eusa_drool:
That's a non-starter... employees often screw up orders. And typically, when a machine screws up, it's the operator's fault.

machines cant replace a kid who doesn't give a shit if your order is right or not....I will stick with Chic-fil-a :eusa_drool:
I'd prefer myself over said kid, every time. The advantage is familiarity with the order.

Most people are creatures of habit regarding fast food, we've only got a few things we order at a given fast food restaurant and one of those is probably 80% of it. After a few tries at it I'll know how to make my exact order on that machine without even thinking about it.

That's a non-starter... employees often screw up orders. And typically, when a machine screws up, it's the operator's fault.
Lese Majesty Against Laissez-Faire

That's the fault of incompetent management for not watching them, disciplining them, or firing them. Also, if I can commit the heresy of claiming for the employees what the bosses and owners preach only applies to themselves, if the fast-food joints pay more, that incentive will get them better employees.

In the past few days I have seen more than applebees closing down but here goes another business going ....

Applebee’s Restaurants Disappearing Across the US, Closing 40-60 Locations
Applebee’s Restaurants Disappearing Across the US, Closing 40-60 Locations

They serve overpriced junk....our local Texas Roadhouse has much better prices and food.

Saying That the Rich Create Jobs Is Like Saying That Vampires Create Blood. That sucks!

Heresy, I say, that's heresy! Our divinely inspired businessmen never fail, so it must be stupid, lazy, and greedy workers who are responsible!

Forum List

Back