Wendy's to install self ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations in 2017

Read my post again.
I used the words: "individual orders".
When One vehicle goes through the drive through which has in it five people who each order that's FIVE orders.
Actually the quote from McDonald's was that 70% of sales come from the drivethru, so your claim that 98% of individual orders come from the drivethru still doesn't hold water.

There is now virtually nothing about your personal life that isn't in a fucking computer somewhere.
I enjoyed your spiel about data collection, but am still doubtful that there will be no inside dining offered in ten years and your 50/1 thing doesn't add up.
Your 70% figure comes from one nationally known FF business.
There are many more than just McDonalds and some have significantly higher 'drive through' stats. BTW McDonald's is in VERY VERY bad shape as a national FF outlet franchise chain.
They are five years behind in pretty much every aspect of where the FF industry has been headed.
The world wide trend is for kiosks and drive throughs to grow and walk-ins, where the family of five can all take a dump then go back and wait in the car while daddy orders a coffee to go are not where the industry is headed.
Commercial property values are skyrocketing. No potential FF franchise owner wants to deal with hundreds of people using the washrooms a day, then sitting down and pawing over the condiments and napkins very likely after not washing their hands. Sitting in their cars in the costly per square foot parking lot to eat their Buddy Burgers then throwing their garbage out the window before driving away.
As I posted a new FF outlet opened near here recently. NO indoor seating. No customer washrooms. No customer only parking. Two drive through windows. That's it. State of the art robotic production equipment. Three 'mature' employees on day shift to feed the robots. Four employees from 4PM to 7PM. Two from 7PM to closing.

Last edited:
There are many more than just McDonalds and some have significantly higher 'drive through' stats. BTW McDonald's is in VERY VERY bad shape as a national FF outlet franchise chain.
Nope. Across all FF chains the numbers I've seen are 60-70% of sales are drivethru, so McDonald's is actually on the high end. Your 98% claim still makes NO SENSE.

Do you have any source saying 98% of fast food sales are drivethru? I'd be interested to see it, since what do I know I'm no restaurant data analyst. All I know is that everything I've been able to find online says you aren't making sense.

As I posted a new FF outlet opened near here recently.
Anecdotal experience does not a trend make. When talking about national trends I see nothing indicating your 98% claim is true, and I still disagree with your projection of no indoor seating within ten years.

Nope. Across all FF chains the numbers I've seen are 60-70% of sales are drivethru, so McDonald's is actually on the high end. Your 98% claim still makes NO SENSE.

Do you have any source saying 98% of fast food sales are drivethru? I'd be interested to see it, since what do I know I'm no restaurant data analyst. All I know is that everything I've been able to find online says you aren't making sense.

As I posted a new FF outlet opened near here recently.
Anecdotal experience does not a trend make. When talking about national trends I see nothing indicating your 98% claim is true, and I still disagree with your projection of no indoor seating within ten years.
I purchased the first KFC franchise in my small town in the early seventies. At one time I owned six nationally known FF franchises. Some family members still own a couple of those FF franchises.
At the same time I was in LE for decades.
I know where the FF food industry is headed.
I stand by my claim that at some, not all, FF outlets for every 50 drive through orders there is one walkin order taken.
Just like the movie theatre industry is collapsing b/c who the fuck wants to drop fifty bucks for a couple to sit in a dark theatre and listen to strangers talk and fart and text and smack their red licorice and spill their coke while trying to add the rum?
If this reads like being a 'racist bigot so be it but the 'clientele' who regularly purchases FF do tend to take the whole family into a their favorite FF outlet whenever the welfare money comes in. They leave the washrooms in a fucking filthy mess. They steal literally anything they can. I've had the fucking toilet seats stolen!
Not what many FF franchise owners are willing to put up with any longer.
The last time I was in a movie theatre a couple of years ago.....not b/c I wanted to. It was one of those 'multi-plexes' with about six different movies playing. It was a Friday night.
We went to see the latest Blockbuster! with relatives. We didn't have to worry about getting good seats though. There weren't more than about sixty people in the theatre which was built to hold at least 1000. Good way for major corporations to 'write off' huge losses and prorate the losses for the next twenty years. It's actually a long term money maker to keep these losing multiplexes open.

Disagree all you wish. Then do some consumer research on what direction the FF industry is headed visa vi indoor seating.

Last edited:
I purchased the first KFC franchise in my small town in the early seventies. At one time I owned six nationally known FF franchises. Some family members still own a couple of those FF franchises.
I stand by my claim that at some, not all, FF outlets for every 50 drive through orders there is one walkin order taken.
Industry statistics say 60%-70% of sales are drivethru, so you are incorrect.

Just like the movie theatre industry is collapsing b/c who the fuck wants to drop fifty bucks for a couple to sit in a dark theatre and listen to strangers talk and fart and text and smack their red licorice and spill their coke while trying to add the rum?
Apparently someone wants to, in 2016 there were 1,334,595,848 movie tickets sold in the United States.

Disagree all you wish. Then do some consumer research on what direction the FF industry is headed visa vi indoor seating.
This is ironic because I did exactly are you are suggesting and looked up data on indoor/outdoor sales which demonstrated you make up facts are you go along.

I'm making no statement on where the industry is going, just expressing skepticism on your claim of no indoor seating within ten years.

Walked into my local McDees this morning like every day to find three automated ordering kiosks. At first I thought cool a new way to order when the line is too long. Then I realized that half of the employees were not there. I talked to the manager and he told me they laid off 7 people when the kiosks were put in. Sad.
If you make labor more costly than automation people will get hurt. get rid of the min wage!

This is the same Wendy's that suffered a data breach early last year. The same Wendy's who after that data breach said, "we'd rather pay for the fraud than updated EMV terminals." I find it funny how they're willing to invest into complete automated kiosks now, which probably cost more than those EMV terminals do. I hear restaurants like Panera are buying kiosks with mag-stripe only acceptance... I won't be doing business with those places because their management is retarded.

If you can't even run a simple payment system, why should anyone trust a complete overhaul of a system that allows you to take orders and your payments?

Last edited:
If you can't even run a simple payment system, why should anyone trust a complete overhaul of a system that allows you to take orders and your payments?
Unless you are a cash customer I can't see how it is any different, a card is swiped by either an employee or by you.

Walked into my local McDees this morning like every day to find three automated ordering kiosks. At first I thought cool a new way to order when the line is too long. Then I realized that half of the employees were not there. I talked to the manager and he told me they laid off 7 people when the kiosks were put in. Sad.
If you make labor more costly than automation people will get hurt. get rid of the min wage!
OK! Let's start where you work!

Industry statistics say 60%-70% of sales are drivethru, so you are incorrect.

Apparently someone wants to, in 2016 there were 1,334,595,848 movie tickets sold in the United States.

This is ironic because I did exactly are you are suggesting and looked up data on indoor/outdoor sales which demonstrated you make up facts are you go along.

I'm making no statement on where the industry is going, just expressing skepticism on your claim of no indoor seating within ten years.
YA FUCKING RIGHT! Wise up pal.
2016 On Track to Be the Worst Year for Hollywood Ticket Sales in a Century

Wendy's to install self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations in 2017
Wendy's customers will soon be ordering from a computer as the company plans on installing self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 of its fast food locations by the end of 2017, according to the company's February investor report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jobs are going, going, going so many ppl warned those 15 an hr idiots this would happen. With Obamacare in the picture at the time and still on going for now . Who do you think these companies are going to want more computers/robots or a human pain in the ass who wants more and more pay, calls of sick, takes vacations.....
Yaaay it's such a conspiracy that technology will be taking many, many jobs.
That sucks. I like their bacon cheeseburger from the cheap menu....they install one here just one more place I won't be ordering food from.

Wendy's customers will soon be ordering from a computer as the company plans on installing self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 of its fast food locations by the end of 2017, according to the company's February investor report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jobs are going, going, going so many ppl warned those 15 an hr idiots this would happen. With Obamacare in the picture at the time and still on going for now . Who do you think these companies are going to want more computers/robots or a human pain in the ass who wants more and more pay, calls of sick, takes vacations.....
Idiot, they'd be installing those kiosks even even they paid their employees $5 an hour.

In ten years you won't be able to "walk into" any nationally known FF outlet.
No very expensive by the square foot customer parking.
No washrooms.
No customer seating.
No other customers sitting at the next table farting/fighting with their dirty out of control brat kids.
No customers stealing all the packaged condiments.
No customer bitching that whoever took the order got it wrong.......again!
Just a nice quite efficient humming along business with 'mature' employees who don't come to work stoned/drunk/steal/are always clean and presentable and keep their mouths shut about their personal beliefs and politics.

Wendy's paid CEOs $21M last year. Wendy's Co. gave the two chief executives who led the company last year pay packages worth more than $21 million in 2011, the Associated Press reports. Hired in September, CEO Emil Brolick made $4.6 millionfor four months of work last year, AP reports

16976802_1281596338598828_1926025224_n.jpg

That sucks. I like their bacon cheeseburger from the cheap menu....they install one here just one more place I won't be ordering food from.
How come you didn't boycott them when they installed self-serve soda machines? Do you boycott banks since they offer ATMs? Do you boycott Home Depot and Walmart because they now offer self-checkouts?

How come you didn't boycott them when they installed self-serve soda machines? Do you boycott banks since they offer ATMs? Do you boycott Home Depot and Walmart because they now offer self-checkouts?
None of those took over others jobs. I use my drive thru window as much if not more than I use my ATM. I split 50/50 using the self checkouts vs the worker ones. Depends on my mood and how much of a hurry I am in. Soda machines is great.I can pick how much soda I want and ice etc and it leaves workers to take more customers and get the food done.

None of those took over others jobs. I use my drive thru window as much if not more than I use my ATM. I split 50/50 using the self checkouts vs the worker ones. Depends on my mood and how much of a hurry I am in. Soda machines is great.I can pick how much soda I want and ice etc and it leaves workers to take more customers and get the food done.
So you're a hypocrite. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected. :thup:

Sure I am dildo. Typical CUNTservative only read into something what you want to hear and only hear what you want to hear aka not the truth.Now back to shitting on the poor for you snowflake.

Sure I am dildo. Typical CUNTservative only read into something what you want to hear and only hear what you want to hear aka not the truth.Now back to shitting on the poor for you snowflake.
LOLOL

Dayam, you sure do get unraveled when your hypocrisy is exposed. :lol:

Forum List

Back