Were Adam & Eve Jewish?

So, Jews are also "goy"? Why the use of term today for those who aren't Jewish?
Jews are a nation and are called "goy" (Ex 19:6).

The word's meaning follows its context. I could make guesses about why the term became associated mostly with non-Israelite nations but it would just be a guess. In Leviticus it is used to refer to the "nations that surround you" and then, soon after, Jews are told not to do "like the nations." So I guess that became the shorthand. But it is still used in prayer and study to refer to the Jews sometimes.

Nope, it’s what your intolerant, hostile religion teaches.
We learn everything written in the Bible, the good, bad, and the ugly.

Christians aren't intolerant of Jews. In fact, most Christians have sympathy for you.

Last edited:
So what some men wrote, who were angry that Jews wouldn’t abandon their religion. I take it for what’s its worth.
The church of the 'Holy' Roman Empire may have been angry with Jews, but not the true church, which itself hid from the Romans.

Yeah I know. I was sidetracked by the notion they are cursed by God.
So you‘re Christian. Does it really say in the Christian Bible that Gd has cursed the Jews?

If so, I am getting more and more disgusted. I never realized until this forum just how hateful so many Christians are toward Jews.

That's an important part of Jewish history else it wouldn't have continued to this very day.
At some points in Jewish history, Gd indeed was disappointed with us and punished us, but that has nothing to do with the Jewish dude born and died 2000 years ago.

So you‘re Christian. Does it really say in the Christian Bible that Gd has cursed the Jews?

If so, I am getting more and more disgusted. I never realized until this forum just how hateful so many Christians are toward Jews.
We need to compare Bibles. Mine plainly states that the Jews, specifically, were cursed by God. The fact that the specific curses remain today suggests that God has not rescinded them.

I was never taught that in church or Sunday school.

At some points in Jewish history, Gd indeed was disappointed with us and punished us, but that has nothing to do with the Jewish dude born and died 2000 years ago.
Correct. The curses predate the time of Jesus by centuries but were certainly confirmed in his day and onward to this very day.

We need to compare Bibles. Mine plainly states that the Jews, specifically, were cursed by God. The fact that the specific curses remain today suggests that God has not rescinded them.
Sounds like your Bible is pretty awful. I pay it no mind.

Forum List

Back