We're Getting Married!

By the way SeaBytch, what I just posted brings up another couple of questions .

I'm assuming that at some point you were with a man, otherwise how did you have kids? Do you now self identify as a lesbian?

And that question further highlights how homophobic and bigoted you are...not to mention dumb as a post. I've been with my partner for 20 years. Our children are 13 and 15...even YOU can do that kind of math can't you?

Ah SeaBytch proves how irrational she is. How the fuck would I know how old your kids are dumb shit, or how long you've been with your partner?

What an idiot.

Let's just use the general then. There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?

Because you had already responded to a post in which I had stated that I had been with my partner for 20 years. A moronic bigot immediately assumes that I had to have had sex with a man. Someone smarter and more enlightened knows that gays have been having kids through AI and IVF for decades. (I've done both, for a total of five babies)

Uh huh

anyway, you avoided the question. Are there or are there not women who were at one time married to men and had children with them who now self identify as lesbian?

I wonder what your point is.

There are Christians who used to be Jews. There are women who used to be men. There are even blacks who have changed their skin color so to no longer be identified as black.

What does any of that have to do with their 'natural children'?
There are no Christians who used to be Jews. once a Jew, always a Jew.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate
You stupid ignorant clump of dog shit. Making a child has nothing to do with love or marriage.

but it should.

OMG....another rw'er who thinks sex should be strictly for procreation......o_O

At the core, lots of them are just Puritans who hate the idea of anyone having any fun.

Well, they may act like Puritans to impress, but many of them have been caught in affairs and other acts that would render their marriages questionable.

That, my dear, is what's commonly referred to as "Republican Family Values". :)

And that question further highlights how homophobic and bigoted you are...not to mention dumb as a post. I've been with my partner for 20 years. Our children are 13 and 15...even YOU can do that kind of math can't you?

Ah SeaBytch proves how irrational she is. How the fuck would I know how old your kids are dumb shit, or how long you've been with your partner?

What an idiot.

Let's just use the general then. There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?

Because you had already responded to a post in which I had stated that I had been with my partner for 20 years. A moronic bigot immediately assumes that I had to have had sex with a man. Someone smarter and more enlightened knows that gays have been having kids through AI and IVF for decades. (I've done both, for a total of five babies)

Uh huh

anyway, you avoided the question. Are there or are there not women who were at one time married to men and had children with them who now self identify as lesbian?

I wonder what your point is.

There are Christians who used to be Jews. There are women who used to be men. There are even blacks who have changed their skin color so to no longer be identified as black.

What does any of that have to do with their 'natural children'?
There are no Christians who used to be Jews. once a Jew, always a Jew.

LOL.....considering that the Apostles were Jewish who became arguably the very first 'Christians'- yes there are Christians who used to be Jews.

CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY MODERN - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Sorry sweetie, but Prop 8 was unconstitutional...just like if the people of CA had, through a people's initiative, banned all guns in California. Unconstitutional.

bullshit, you have yet to provide the language in the constitution that legalizes gay marriage. While you are looking, find the language on multiple marriage, because its in the same place----no where.

Funny, Federal judges all over the country are managing to find it. So odd that a homophobic bigot on a message board can't...

Then quote it. Quote it from from some left wing judge's ruling. Show us where gay marriage is mentioned in the constitution.

Shall we just circle back around again? Marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution0 mixed race marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution.- but it is still a right. Privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution but it is still a right.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Zablocki v. Rehail

AlthoughLovingarose in the context of racial discrimination, prior and subsequent decisions of this Court confirm that the right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.

Maynard v. Hill,125 U. S. 190(1888), the Court characterized marriage as "the most important relation in life,"id.at125 U. S. 205, and as "the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress,"

InMeyer v. Nebraska,262 U. S. 390(1923), the Court recognized that the right "to marry, establish a home and bring up children" is a central part of the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause,

InGriswold v. Connecticut,381 U. S. 479(1965), the Court observed:

"We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights -- older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Carey v. Population Services International,431 U. S. 678(1977)

"While the outer limits of [the right of personal privacy] have not been marked by the Court, it is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions 'relating to marriage,

Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

I believe that Bob and Bill deserve the same right to marriage as my wife and I enjoy. I believe that their right to marriage is protected just as mine is.

And so far most judges have agreed, and most Americans now agree.

Those judges are idiots.Gay marriage fundamental to our existence and survival ...Probably one of the dumbest things ever written by a judge.Someone please explain to me how gay marriage is fundamental to our survival:uhoh3: Demonstrates the total idiocy of these left wing politicians

I am sorry- I can't help you with your reading comprehension problem.

Perhaps you could take a remedial English class?

Really? So all the millions of people that cannot or do not conceive a child with each other are not married? People who have adopted children are not married in your mind?

My partner and I happen to have two children. While my partner is not their biological parent, she is their parent legally and emotionally which is where it matters the most. Why is our family not deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?
Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Does the gender of parents really matter?

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Are you saying that all boys that were raised without a father or somewhat screwed up? All girls raised without a mother by a single father are screwed up?
Maybe you're the one that's screwed up......there are plenty of boys being raised by single mothers that have turned out just fine.....try another line.
Yep and my brother and I are two of those boys genius. Life would have been must better with a good father though.....You people:eusa_eh:

The children of single parents are at a disadvantage to children with two parents. That actually IS what the studies show...two parents are better than one. They also show that it doesn't matter what gender those parents are.

Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Are you saying that all boys that were raised without a father or somewhat screwed up? All girls raised without a mother by a single father are screwed up?
Maybe you're the one that's screwed up......there are plenty of boys being raised by single mothers that have turned out just fine.....try another line.
Yep and my brother and I are two of those boys genius. Life would have been must better with a good father though.....You people:eusa_eh:

The children of single parents are at a disadvantage to children with two parents. That actually IS what the studies show...two parents are better than one. They also show that it doesn't matter what gender those parents are.

Sorry, I didn't need another mother. A father is what we needed. Not two mothers, one was enough:thup:

Sorry, I didn't need another mother. A father is what we needed. Not two mothers, one was enough:thup:

Your personal foibles aside, all studies indicate that our children are at no disadvantage to yours. It's also irrelevant to any discussions about civil marriage since children are not required for civil marriage and civil marriage is not required for children. Gays ARE marrying and gays are having and adopting children. Done deal, dude.

Howey I just do not think that you are actually a gay man. You do not write like one, nor do you think like one.

I have a sneaking suspicion though, that you like pretting to be other people for the simple pleasure of feeling "above it all."

You are a fraud and a liar.

Some scams can't be laid upon everyone ~

Well, given same-sex parenting has barely been on the radar a decade, I'd say the jury is still out on this one. You can't compare ten years of data with that of hundreds of years. We know that traditionally, children reared in traditional relationships fare better than those in single parent households.

We shall see though... personally, I really don't know.

Howey I just do not think that you are actually a gay man. You do not write like one, nor do you think like one.

I have a sneaking suspicion though, that you like pretting to be other people for the simple pleasure of feeling "above it all."

You are a fraud and a liar.

Some scams can't be laid upon everyone ~

lol...It doesn't take much to be "above" a lowly half-niggrah cab driver.

URLKF9q.gif

Well, given same-sex parenting has barely been on the radar a decade, I'd say the jury is still out on this one. You can't compare ten years of data with that of hundreds of years. We know that traditionally, children reared in traditional relationships fare better than those in single parent households.

We shall see though... personally, I really don't know.

Maybe it's only been on YOUR radar for a "decade" but studies have been conducted now for almost 40 years.

yuck......

If its not too much to ask, could please grow up?
I am grown up, you maybe can't tell because most people today will never "grow up" they are caught up in PC land with fairy tails and dreams. When someone comes along and asks a legitimate question or offers an opinion that is adverse to the people living in PC land they can't handle it and they accuse one of being an idiot or childish. I think man on man sex is sickening and I'm not afraid to say so.

yuck......

If its not too much to ask, could please grow up?
I am grown up, you maybe can't tell because most people today will never "grow up" they are caught up in PC land with fairy tails and dreams. When someone comes along and asks a legitimate question or offers an opinion that is adverse to the people living in PC land they can't handle it and they accuse one of being an idiot or childish. I think man on man sex is sickening and I'm not afraid to say so.

IMO, it's perfectly normal for heterosexual men to be turned off and disgusted by homosexual sex because being attracted to another man is just not natural to them.

This is supposed to be an announcement thread where Flaming Is Prohibited. Dumb shit.

Why is it in politics? The little faghadist did't announce a run for office.

I was thinking the same, then I thought maybe because it's related to gay marriage? :dunno: I suppose that could be considered "political" . . . kind of.

It was originally in the announcement section but was moved here by a moderator.

This is supposed to be an announcement thread where Flaming Is Prohibited. Dumb shit.

I was thinking the same, then I thought maybe because it's related to gay marriage? :dunno: I suppose that could be considered "political" . . . kind of.

It was originally in the announcement section but was moved here by a moderator.

Maybe because the thread was taking a political turn, talking about the politics of gay marriage.

Maybe because the thread was taking a political turn, talking about the politics of gay marriage.

It didn't start out that way but then a bunch of killjoys entered the thread to inject partisan politics and mean-spirited comments.

It didn't start out that way but then a bunch of killjoys entered the thread to inject partisan politics and mean-spirited comments.

That's not surprising. :D

Forum List

Back