We're Getting Married!

I'm not advocating for the government to force churches. I'm completely and 100% opposed to such a thing.

Got another Strawman?

For the final time, race and sexual orientation are not being compared, the discrimination is.

Were the Mormons opposed to blacks in their churches for religious reasons? Yes they were. Did public pressure put on the Mormons change the way they did business? Yes it did. Is that analogous with churches now changing their stance on gays due to public pressure? Yes it is.

you say one thing and want something entirely different. you want the government to mandate societal change regarding acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

that will only get you more opposition. people do not react favorably to being told how they must think and what they must believe.

my advice-------------------shut the fuck up about it and let it happen naturally over time. But I know that is like telling a gator to become a vegetarian.

Why should anyone 'shut the fuck up' about demanding their rights?

The Loving's didn't 'shut the fuck up' - they went to court and won- and the law changed- 20 years before change of public opinion happened 'naturally'.

Demanding the end of mixed race marriage bans did not generate more opposition to mixed race marriage bans- it lead to less opposition to mixed race marriage bans. The same is happening with gay marriage bans- already public opinion has shifted from opposition to support.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate
You stupid ignorant clump of dog shit. Making a child has nothing to do with love or marriage.

but it should.

OMG....another rw'er who thinks sex should be strictly for procreation......o_O

JROC SAID:

"Marriage is between a man and a women husband and wife."

Nonsense.

Marriage is between two consenting adult partners entering into a contract of commitment recognized by the state, same- or opposite-sex.

Same-sex couples are currently eligible to enter into marriage contracts, which is why it's un-Constitutional for states to deny gay Americans access to laws they're eligible to participate in.

You're at liberty to express your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans, but you are not at liberty to seek to codify that fear and hate.

Right!! State law, state constitutions, and I don't hate gay people. I detest the militant left wing, tyrannical, "LBGT"community who attempt to strike fear in and even cause people to loose their job if they don't agree with their gay "marriage" crap. Civil unions which could essentially be same thing is just not good enough for them it must be "marriage"

You and the rest are making too much out of the word "marriage" ........marriage is what two people make of it.....some legitimate marriages are not worthy to be called marriages and yet because they are between a man and a woman, that's okay?

Infidelity Statistics - Truth About Deception

It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage (see, Buss and Shackelford for review of this research). And these numbers are probably on the conservative side, when you consider that close to half of all marriages end in divorce (people are more likely to stray as relationships fall apart; also see, who is likely to cheat).

Research consistently shows that 2 to 3% of all children are the product of infidelity (see, Anderson). And most of these children are unknowingly raised by men who are not their biological fathers.

(there's more......)

Peer pressure is the correct way to effect change, government dictate is not.

do you see the difference?

and for one final time, race and sexual orientation are not analogous.

I'm not advocating for the government to force churches. I'm completely and 100% opposed to such a thing.

Got another Strawman?

For the final time, race and sexual orientation are not being compared, the discrimination is.

Were the Mormons opposed to blacks in their churches for religious reasons? Yes they were. Did public pressure put on the Mormons change the way they did business? Yes it did. Is that analogous with churches now changing their stance on gays due to public pressure? Yes it is.

you say one thing and want something entirely different. you want the government to mandate societal change regarding acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

that will only get you more opposition. people do not react favorably to being told how they must think and what they must believe.

my advice-------------------shut the fuck up about it and let it happen naturally over time. But I know that is like telling a gator to become a vegetarian.

The Loving's didn't 'shut the fuck up' - they went to court and won- and the law changed- 20 years before change of public opinion happened 'naturally'.

Demanding the end of mixed race marriage bans did not generate more opposition to mixed race marriage bans- it lead to less opposition to mixed race marriage bans. The same is happening with gay marriage bans- already public opinion has shifted from opposition to support.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate

Really? So all the millions of people that cannot or do not conceive a child with each other are not married? People who have adopted children are not married in your mind?

My partner and I happen to have two children. While my partner is not their biological parent, she is their parent legally and emotionally which is where it matters the most. Why is our family not deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?

He hasn't seen the stats on man/woman marriages....

Research consistently shows that 2 to 3% of all children are the product of infidelity (see, Anderson). And most of these children are unknowingly raised by men who are not their biological fathers.
Infidelity Statistics - Truth About Deception

why is multiple marriage illegal? What legal rationale do you have that supports denying the rights of these people to marry who they love and want to commit to?

Why do you support discriminating against polygamists and use discrimination as the main argument for gay marriage?

it just is. I don't see a good argument for it being so, but it is. Based on equality you have to have everyone being able to marry the one person they choose to be with. A polygamist can make a decision whether to divorce or stay with one person. They can even live with multiple people. However gay people can't marry at all in some places.

But if you want to fight the polygamists side, go ahead, I won't oppose you.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the gay agenda and its arguments for gay marriage. They use discrimination and equality as their legal arguments.

Those exact same arguments apply to polygamy and bigamy. Legally the cases are exactly the same.

But you say polygamy is illegal because "it just is". Do you see how silly that is?

Polygamy is illegal because it was decided so by "we the people" - that doesn't mean it can't change, and polygamy/bigamy is not the same as gays wanting to get married, gays are not proposing marrying more than one person.

Really? So all the millions of people that cannot or do not conceive a child with each other are not married? People who have adopted children are not married in your mind?

My partner and I happen to have two children. While my partner is not their biological parent, she is their parent legally and emotionally which is where it matters the most. Why is our family not deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?
Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Does the gender of parents really matter?

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Are you saying that all boys that were raised without a father or somewhat screwed up? All girls raised without a mother by a single father are screwed up?
Maybe you're the one that's screwed up......there are plenty of boys being raised by single mothers that have turned out just fine.....try another line.

I was going by the definition of immutable:

im·mu·ta·ble
adjective \(ˌ)i(m)-ˈmyü-tə-bəl\
: unable to be changed
: not capable of or susceptible to change

Where, legally, has religion been declared an immutable characteristic?

Are bi-sexual "immutable" should they be allowed one spouse of each gender?

You only get to marry one person at a time here, anything else is illegal. Do you find more than just your current spouse attractive?

why is multiple marriage illegal? What legal rationale do you have that supports denying the rights of these people to marry who they love and want to commit to?

Why do you support discriminating against polygamists and use discrimination as the main argument for gay marriage?

I don't. I don't care one way or the other. Your desire for polygamists to have civil marriage in this country is separate from gays and lesbians having equal access to existing laws. Current law does not allow for polygamist marriages. If it is something you feel strongly about, good luck.

Actually, it is EXACTLY the same you dumb fuck.

The ONLY difference is YOUR morality says polygamy is wrong. That is the total sum difference.

Which of course is the point. You're fine with morality being part of marriage, as long as it is YOUR morality.

How is it the same, ignoramus. One is the marriage with more than one spouse. It has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with the law. If this country sees fit to adopt polygamy, they'll change the law and it will be legal. And the divorce lawyers will be making fortunes....

Boy, you're ignorant.

Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Then I'm sure you can find a reputable study that appears in a peer reviewed journal that supports your claim, right? I provided you a half dozen that say our children are at no disadvantage to yours.

Shut up.

I'd say the poor little boy who's "mommies" want to get him a sex change at what age 10, are at a disadvantage.

What a stupid response. You should change your name to "DumberThanTheAverageDoofus".

Are you saying that all boys that were raised without a father or somewhat screwed up? All girls raised without a mother by a single father are screwed up?
Maybe you're the one that's screwed up......there are plenty of boys being raised by single mothers that have turned out just fine.....try another line.
Well, that's not going to happen, it's the only line those hostile to the rights of gay Americans have.

You stupid ignorant clump of dog shit. Making a child has nothing to do with love or marriage.

but it should.

At the core, lots of them are just Puritans who hate the idea of anyone having any fun.

I don't. I don't care one way or the other. Your desire for polygamists to have civil marriage in this country is separate from gays and lesbians having equal access to existing laws. Current law does not allow for polygamist marriages. If it is something you feel strongly about, good luck.

Actually, it is EXACTLY the same you dumb fuck.

The ONLY difference is YOUR morality says polygamy is wrong. That is the total sum difference.

Which of course is the point. You're fine with morality being part of marriage, as long as it is YOUR morality.

What part of "I don't care" don't you understand? I don't care if polygamists can legally marry or not. If you think that the fundamental right to marry extends to them and you plan on taking it to court, I wish you luck. Your fight is not my fight and in no way relates to gays and lesbians marrying the ONE partner of their choice at a time...just like straights do.

Do hurry...Julie Andrews is widowed.

Oh, so it's not your morality, it's just that you are stupid.

Listen SeaStupid.

If the government has a right to define marriage PERIOD, than they have a right to define it as they see fit, that certainly means that states which want to define marriage as between a man and a woman should be free to do so.

This is the same thing I tell people who want to legally define marriage as between a man and a woman, do they not understand the ramifications? In 10 years enough loons could get together and pass a law stating that a man and a woman can't marry if that happens.

Both sides are stupid. Do I like polygamous "marriage?" nope, not any more than I like gay "marriage" , but I understand that either the government can define marriage, or they can't.

You are obviously too stupid to grok that, proving that you don't really understand , or care, about the constitutional aspect of the debate at all, all you know is "defend the gays" pathetic.

The government has been defining marriage since the first official registries, Dumber than Dirt. They define civil marriage. Your religion is free to define religious marriage within it's institution as it sees fit. Current US law does not allow for Polygamist marriage. If it ever does, I'll consider a sister wife...until then I'm just going to enjoy my legal, civil marriage with my partner of 20 years.

Yes they have, so what's your bitch here? Oh thats right it's all about the gay.

You are stupid.Hilarious that you think calling me dumb is a slam, I guarantee you there is NO ONE reading this board who legitimately believes you are smarter than I am. NO ONE.

You're wrong.....I believe she is way smarter than you....you are the stupidest poster here, bar none....

My siggy proves it............:D

but it should.

At the core, lots of them are just Puritans who hate the idea of anyone having any fun.

Well, they may act like Puritans to impress, but many of them have been caught in affairs and other acts that would render their marriages questionable.

By the way SeaBytch, what I just posted brings up another couple of questions .

I'm assuming that at some point you were with a man, otherwise how did you have kids? Do you now self identify as a lesbian?

And that question further highlights how homophobic and bigoted you are...not to mention dumb as a post. I've been with my partner for 20 years. Our children are 13 and 15...even YOU can do that kind of math can't you?

Ah SeaBytch proves how irrational she is. How the fuck would I know how old your kids are dumb shit, or how long you've been with your partner?

What an idiot.

Let's just use the general then. There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?
You're obviously unaware of how ridiculous you are.

You don't read your own posts then obviously. Prop 8 was unconstitutional...you did realize that right?

That's irrelevant to the discussion stupid. The people of CA wanted to , via the government, define marriage and you were against that, even though you just said you never said you were against the government defining marriage.

And don't try to fool anyone into believing that your objection was the fact that it was unconstitutional , or you'll just go on ignore right this instant.

You objected because you want GAYS to be allowed to marry PERIOD.

Sorry sweetie, but Prop 8 was unconstitutional...just like if the people of CA had, through a people's initiative, banned all guns in California. Unconstitutional.

bullshit, you have yet to provide the language in the constitution that legalizes gay marriage. While you are looking, find the language on multiple marriage, because its in the same place----no where.

Funny, Federal judges all over the country are managing to find it. So odd that a homophobic bigot on a message board can't...

Then quote it. Quote it from from some left wing judge's ruling. Show us where gay marriage is mentioned in the constitution.

Shall we just circle back around again? Marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution0 mixed race marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution.- but it is still a right. Privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution but it is still a right.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Zablocki v. Rehail

AlthoughLovingarose in the context of racial discrimination, prior and subsequent decisions of this Court confirm that the right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.

Maynard v. Hill,125 U. S. 190(1888), the Court characterized marriage as "the most important relation in life,"id.at125 U. S. 205, and as "the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress,"

InMeyer v. Nebraska,262 U. S. 390(1923), the Court recognized that the right "to marry, establish a home and bring up children" is a central part of the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause,

InGriswold v. Connecticut,381 U. S. 479(1965), the Court observed:

"We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights -- older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Carey v. Population Services International,431 U. S. 678(1977)

"While the outer limits of [the right of personal privacy] have not been marked by the Court, it is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions 'relating to marriage,

Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

I believe that Bob and Bill deserve the same right to marriage as my wife and I enjoy. I believe that their right to marriage is protected just as mine is.

And so far most judges have agreed, and most Americans now agree.

There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?

Which children are not 'natural children'?

I am not sure what kind of differentiator you are thinking of, but I am thinking that all children born by women are natural children.

I guess DumberThanTheAverageDumbass has come across some women who have had "unnatural children"! He's probably one good example of one.

By the way SeaBytch, what I just posted brings up another couple of questions .

I'm assuming that at some point you were with a man, otherwise how did you have kids? Do you now self identify as a lesbian?

And that question further highlights how homophobic and bigoted you are...not to mention dumb as a post. I've been with my partner for 20 years. Our children are 13 and 15...even YOU can do that kind of math can't you?

Ah SeaBytch proves how irrational she is. How the fuck would I know how old your kids are dumb shit, or how long you've been with your partner?

What an idiot.

Let's just use the general then. There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?

Because you had already responded to a post in which I had stated that I had been with my partner for 20 years. A moronic bigot immediately assumes that I had to have had sex with a man. Someone smarter and more enlightened knows that gays have been having kids through AI and IVF for decades. (I've done both, for a total of five babies)

Uh huh

anyway, you avoided the question. Are there or are there not women who were at one time married to men and had children with them who now self identify as lesbian?

I wonder what your point is.

There are Christians who used to be Jews. There are women who used to be men. There are even blacks who have changed their skin color so to no longer be identified as black.

What does any of that have to do with their 'natural children'?

There are women who have natural children who now self identify as lesbian correct?

Which children are not 'natural children'?

I am not sure what kind of differentiator you are thinking of, but I am thinking that all children born by women are natural children.

I guess DumberThanTheAverageDumbass has come across some women who have had "unnatural children"! He's probably one good example of one.
It's the same moronic, failed, and ridiculous 'argument' that allowing same-sex couples to marry will somehow be 'harmful' to children.

this pissing match will go triple digits

personally I don't care one way or another. Gay marriage is legal in my state. Nothing has changed.

@ Howie

if being gay isn't a big deal, why make a big deal about it?

Yep and my brother and I are two of those boys genius. Life would have been must better with a good father though.....You people:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to the discussion stupid. The people of CA wanted to , via the government, define marriage and you were against that, even though you just said you never said you were against the government defining marriage.

And don't try to fool anyone into believing that your objection was the fact that it was unconstitutional , or you'll just go on ignore right this instant.

You objected because you want GAYS to be allowed to marry PERIOD.

Sorry sweetie, but Prop 8 was unconstitutional...just like if the people of CA had, through a people's initiative, banned all guns in California. Unconstitutional.

bullshit, you have yet to provide the language in the constitution that legalizes gay marriage. While you are looking, find the language on multiple marriage, because its in the same place----no where.

Funny, Federal judges all over the country are managing to find it. So odd that a homophobic bigot on a message board can't...

Then quote it. Quote it from from some left wing judge's ruling. Show us where gay marriage is mentioned in the constitution.

Shall we just circle back around again? Marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution0 mixed race marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution.- but it is still a right. Privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution but it is still a right.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Zablocki v. Rehail

AlthoughLovingarose in the context of racial discrimination, prior and subsequent decisions of this Court confirm that the right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.

Maynard v. Hill,125 U. S. 190(1888), the Court characterized marriage as "the most important relation in life,"id.at125 U. S. 205, and as "the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress,"

InMeyer v. Nebraska,262 U. S. 390(1923), the Court recognized that the right "to marry, establish a home and bring up children" is a central part of the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause,

InGriswold v. Connecticut,381 U. S. 479(1965), the Court observed:

"We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights -- older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Carey v. Population Services International,431 U. S. 678(1977)

"While the outer limits of [the right of personal privacy] have not been marked by the Court, it is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions 'relating to marriage,

Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

I believe that Bob and Bill deserve the same right to marriage as my wife and I enjoy. I believe that their right to marriage is protected just as mine is.

And so far most judges have agreed, and most Americans now agree.

Those judges are idiots.Gay marriage fundamental to our existence and survival ...Probably one of the dumbest things ever written by a judge.Someone please explain to me how gay marriage is fundamental to our survival:uhoh3: Demonstrates the total idiocy of these left wing politicians

Forum List

Back