Were Most Of America's Founding Fathers - Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Barton is, once again, providing factual evidence based on factual documentation that reflects the general thinking or mindset of that era. He, himself, isn't attacking or "tackling" anything. He's read the literature of the day and he's simply reporting the news, as it were.

But are we supposed to be surprised that MSNBC and the rest of the mainstream media is smearing a Christian or a conservative. Yawn. That's yesterday's news. Who can believe a word they say? They're the same folks defending the actions of a rogue, ultra-liberal President and sweeping his plethora of lies under the proverbial rug. If anyone can't be trusted it's the liberal media and their lackey underlings.

Right. Just retreat to "it's all a conspiracy".

Oh, the irony!!! :lol:

Obama got elected because dumb masses like the spin he sells.
Barton is believed because dumb masses like the spin he sells.
We have become a nation of right wing and left wing village idiots.

First of all, Barton is, once again, providing factual evidence based on factual documentation that reflects the general thinking or mindset of that era. He, himself, isn't attacking or "tackling" anything. He's read the literature of the day and he's simply reporting the news, as it were.

But are we supposed to be surprised that MSNBC and the rest of the mainstream media is smearing a Christian or a conservative. Yawn. That's yesterday's news. Who can believe a word they say? They're the same folks defending the actions of a rogue, ultra-liberal President and sweeping his plethora of lies under the proverbial rug. If anyone can't be trusted it's the liberal media and their lackey underlings.

Yes, the irony. Your right wing, fundie heroes are the very people critiquing Barton as a fraud and a liar.

Obama got elected because dumb masses like the spin he sells.
Barton is believed because dumb masses like the spin he sells.
We have become a nation of right wing and left wing village idiots.

The difference between Obama and Barton is that Obama lies outright with a straight face while Barton has in his possession tens of thousands of documents dating back to the early years of our nation. He's actually read those documents (unlike you and me) and has first hand knowledge that you and I don't have. To attempt to throw him under the bus requires intellectual cowardice and a total lack of integrity.

Yes, the irony. Your right wing, fundie heroes are the very people critiquing Barton as a fraud and a liar.

That's okay, Hollie. We'll take his place and if you did it to him, you will probably do it to us and we know our motives so if our motives are good and we're honest and you're still doing it to us, it says more about you than us.

1) If there's anyone here that NOT retreating it's me. LOL
2) The word "conspiracy" wouldn't be in the dictionary unless it described an actual thing or action or idea.
3) There's absolutely no doubt that your handlers (the mainstream media) leans far to the left. If Bush or Reagan were doing what Obama is doing then it would be in front page headlines on a daily basis.

That's okay, Hollie. We'll take his place and if you did it to him, you will probably do it to us and we know our motives so if our motives are good and we're honest and you're still doing it to us, it says more about you than us.

That’s truly a confused and just plain loopy comment, Chuck. You will take his (Barton’s), place? For what purpose? To lie? To completely mangle facts? To make up and revise the historical record so it fits the fundamentalist agenda?

How is that I "did it to him". I didn't require him to lie and deceive. That was his choice. It truly is astonishing that you and others would excuse his lies and falsehoods and worse, defend his actions - you folks being the good Christians and all.

Why do you and others in this thread condone the lies and falsehoods of Barton? He has been derided by the Christian far right and by the evil Atheists both as being a fraud.

Yet, here you are making melodramatic claims that you will “take his place”. Martyr yourself on the altar of falsehood and deceit.

Super!

2) The word "conspiracy" wouldn't be in the dictionary unless it described an actual thing or action or idea.
3) There's absolutely no doubt that your handlers (the mainstream media) leans far to the left. If Bush or Reagan were doing what Obama is doing then it would be in front page headlines on a daily basis.

I can see you're scrambling to cover for your inability to actually address the lies and falsehoods owned by Barton.

What a shame you can't bring yourself to honestly address why you excuse lies and deceit.

I can see you're scrambling to cover for your inability to actually address the lies and falsehoods owned by Barton.

What a shame you can't bring yourself to honestly address why you excuse lies and deceit.

Hollie. I'm on to your tactics and they aren't working. The truth is sitting right there for all to see. Squeezing your eyes really tightly isn't going to make it miraculously disappear. Instead of trying to attack the character of folks you disagree with why don't you step up to the plate and actually seek the truth. Unless, that is, you're sceert.

Hollie. I'm on to your tactics and they aren't working. The truth is sitting right there for all to see. Squeezing your eyes really tightly isn't going to make it miraculously disappear. Instead of trying to attack the character of folks you disagree with why don't you step up to the plate and actually seek the truth. Unless, that is, you're sceert.

That's so silly.

I just ordered Barton's book through Amazon. It's still available:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Jefferson-Lies-Exposing-Believed/dp/1595554599/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399482033&sr=8-1&keywords=the+jefferson+lies]The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson: David Barton, Glenn Beck: 9781595554598: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

5130HQxr7%2BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Only $20.00 or so.

Most Americans were Christians when this country was founded.
No shit.
All of the Constitution forms a secular document. NO WHERE does it appeal to any religion be it God, Jesus, Christianity OR ANY SUPREME BEING.
Fact.
Many on the religious right attempt to rewrite history with bogus claims the United States GOVERNMENT was derived from Christian foundations and that The Founders wanted a Christian nation.
Laughable.

Case closed.

No shit.
All of the Constitution forms a secular document. NO WHERE does it appeal to any religion be it God, Jesus, Christianity OR ANY SUPREME BEING.
Fact.
Many on the religious right attempt to rewrite history with bogus claims the United States GOVERNMENT was derived from Christian foundations and that The Founders wanted a Christian nation.
Laughable.

Case closed.

The Declaration of Independence appeals to God as does every, single State Preamble:

From Truth Or Fiction:

The Truth
We checked them all and the constitutions of all fifty states reference God, mostly in their preambles.
The Fifty States Reference God in their Constitutions-Truth!

And here is the proof (I'm sure you'll find a way to call me a liar like Barton but facts is facts dude):

http://www.usconstitution.net/states_god.html

Here's some more juicy tidbits of Christian trivia:

America's Universities were purely Christian
Harvard College [University], Massachusetts founded in 1636 was founded as a Congregational school.
William and Mary, Virginia founded in 1693 was an Anglican school.
Yale, Connecticut, founded in 1701 was a Congregational school.
Princeton, New Jersey, was founded in 1746 as a New Light Presbyterian school.
Columbia, New York, was founded in 1754 as an Anglican school.
Brown, Rhode Island was founded in 1765 as a Baptist school.
Rutgers, New Jersey, was founded in 1765 as a Dutch Reformed school.

http://acheritagegroup.org/blog/?p=413
So ... we can essentially thank Christians for our institutions of higher learning. Thank you Christian founders. :eusa_angel:

No shit.
Fact.
Laughable.

Case closed.

The Declaration of Independence appeals to God as does every, single State Preamble:

From Truth Or Fiction:

The Truth
We checked them all and the constitutions of all fifty states reference God, mostly in their preambles.

And here is the proof (I'm sure you'll find a way to call me a liar like Barton but facts is facts dude):

God in the State Constitutions - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

So what?

The Declaration of Independence is not a legal document. From the perspective of the British, it was a treasonous document.

Don't your gods have enough to do without you having to spackle them into every gap?

No shit.
Fact.
Laughable.

Case closed.

From Truth Or Fiction:

The Truth

God in the State Constitutions - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

So what?

The Declaration of Independence is not a legal document. From the perspective of the British, it was a treasonous document.

Don't your gods have enough to do without you having to spackle them into every gap?

Push a button did I? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back