What accomplishment are you most proud of?

I don't dwell on things I've done and tend to concentrate on the things i am doing now or will do in the near future.

1.) My daughter. The best thing that ever happened to me.

2.) Taking the risk of moving to another continent and starting a career with all of two suitcases and a list of places to go and audition. It's been a wild, exciting ride that never would have happened had I played it safe.

In 50 years, I want to add as no. 3: "living to 100". :)

Last edited:
I was in USA Today twice as an arthritis expert.

I am also proud that my two husbands (consecutive, not concurrent) both love me and are good friends with each other. Makes family occasions smooth as silk. It is a rare and desirable state of being.

Regards from Rosie

:lol:

00110011 loves 11001100 !!!

00110011 is adorable, for reals. XXOO

Hugs from Rosie

I was in USA Today twice as an arthritis expert.

I am also proud that my two husbands (consecutive, not concurrent) both love me and are good friends with each other. Makes family occasions smooth as silk. It is a rare and desirable state of being.

Regards from Rosie

:lol:

00110011 loves 11001100 !!!

00110011 is adorable, for reals. XXOO

Hugs from Rosie

And so is 11001100!!!!!!

Big hug from Sir Statalicious!

Well, Realizing I wasn't going to be able to make a living in my desired career choice and not being happy in my new one, I went to school full time while working full time while being married and having to somehow fit it all in and get my degree-which I got with honors.

But that pales in comparison to having my daughter. She's by far my biggest achievement.

I also volunteered for a couple years at the Humane Society helping to rehabilitate abandonded and abused dogs and match them up with new homes. Very rewarding.

I asked about regrets...now it is time to ask about what you are most proud of that you have done in your lifetime. I know you probably have a lot, but try to minimalize it and share with us what makes you happy at what you did.

Sinking 50 shots from the 3-point line on a basketball court.
Running a mile in under 6 minutes.
Raising a son and a daughter to maturity.

Telling hundreds of people the best thing they can do to prevent a house fire is to replace batteries in their fire alarms once a year. 2% of the population loses a whole house to fire once in a lifetime. If everybody replaced batteries on schedule each year, that number would be greatly reduced. When you have 200,000,000 houses, 2% of that figure is 4,000,000 burns and untold deaths. The deaths and most of the fires are totally preventable by having equipment that does not fail in a crisis.

Getting chewed out by an IRS agent for failure to have a "profitable" business, when I know I made 50 childrens' lives a year warm at night by donating quilts to charity all those years (some more, some less due to getting a physically debilitating case of fibromyalgia)

Beating pain by homeopathic means. It took me longer, because I was educated in human health that was consistent with medical practices, and I believed all homeopathic healers were quacks. Gong! Wrong! It took the fibromyalgia to make me realize there is help out there, and it's not generally available from people educated in medicine before the year 2000, give or take a couple of years.

Both of my brothers' degrees are on proud display on my parents' mantlepiece. I don't have a degree but, unbenownst to me, during two of my most intense and prestigious contracts, my father took pictures of the banners hung from the hoardings, which respectively declared that Ove Arup/Skanska was working in partnership with the company I own. For those that don't know, Ove Arup and Skanska built the Øresund Bridge, which connects Copehagen and Malmo.They're big players in the international construction community, and both of them have endorsed my firm. The pictures my father took sit on the mantlepiece alongside my brothers' degree certificates.

Both of my brothers' degrees are on proud display on my parents' mantlepiece. I don't have a degree but, unbenownst to me, during two of my most intense and prestigious contracts, my father took pictures of the banners hung from the hoardings, which respectively declared that Ove Arup/Skanska was working in partnership with the company I own. For those that don't know, Ove Arup and Skanska built the Øresund Bridge, which connects Copehagen and Malmo.They're big players in the international construction community, and both of them have endorsed my firm. The pictures my father took sit on the mantlepiece alongside my brothers' degree certificates.

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.

You're more than welcome. My father has always been a hard and stubborn creature, and we've often locked horns. But when he saw the massive banner lashed to the scaffolding of the first of the two contracts I mentioned that beared my company's name in the heart of London, my mother told me that there were tears on his cheeks. I've never seen or heard him cry.

Way, way, way back in my college days I was NCAA Div. 1 New England Wrestling champion. The following season I came in ranked 13th in the nation, but was eventually shot all to hell by injury.

Since those days, I have leapt into the abyss; studied a wide variety of MA in China, Japan, Korea, and the US for many years (Papa-duty has cut into time available for this over the past several years).

I have helped inventors prepare to present new technologies to the world that most now take for granted, I have helped refugees who spent all of their previous long lives living in dangerous, dirty, unhealthy camps, escaped the teeth of genocide, or who trekked for weeks across vast mountain ranges for the mere possibility of freedom communicate, master profitable skills, and resettle successfully in the US.

I have had my work (under others' names) published in almost every form of media you can imagine.

Academically, my graduate degrees and my publications.

Militarily, serving with honor and distinction.

Professionally, our businesses and the jobs we created.

Charity work for various churches and organizations.

Politically, my work in the GOP and particularly helping to derail the far right weirdness.

But my family by far: my wonderful siblings, children, and grandchildren.

Last edited:
I once carried a woman's lab down a mountain after it collapsed from heat stress. I could barely feel my arms by the time got down near parking lot, where some other hikers helped out by pouring their water bottles on it and drove it off to an emergency vet. Man did I want to punch that bitch in the face for doing that to her dog.

Maybe the little things, like stopping to help someone push their car out of the snow or carrying some elderly lady's bags to her car when she's obviously struggling with them are the sorts of things people should be proud of. These little things add up to a very positive force in society.

And conversely, the absence of such little things can have a very corrosive effect on society.

Forum List

Back