🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are the options for those like me?

That kind of came up a couple of months ago when me and my father were discussing politics. At the time, Russia just buzzed one of our ships and it made the news. My father really likes Trump although he basically is a Democrat. So I asked him, if Donald Trump were President today, do you think Putin would have sent those planes to bother our ships? We both bust out laughing.

Trump is looked at more suspiciously than Obama or Hillary. Our enemies don't know what he's capable of doing, and I kind of like it that way.
Putin has made it clear that Trump's his man. Even Kim Jong-Un has given him the nod. Foreign leaders that like Trump know that he will be easily to manipulate because:
  • He trusts no one but himself
  • He craves attention
  • He has a grandiose view of his own talent

That coupled with his total lack of experience in international politics make him easy prey.

Yep. And that imcopetent asshole Hillary will show them "what is what". Right.
In stark contrast to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is measured, pragmatic and much more accustomed to Russian-style diplomacy. Furthermore, Trump's promises to errect a wall against Mexico and to force China to stop its financial manipulations, and his assurance that his presidency will make the United States both unpredictable and consistent would turn the US into a global laughing stock. A Trump's presidential victory will be a victory for the Russians. This is why Putin speaks so highly of Trump.

Oh, would you stop trying to put a positive spin on it and just be honest? Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, hypocritical political bottom-feeder, like virtually every other Democrat (and most Republican) politician you care to name. Literally the only positive point to that is that she has to be at least marginally aware of reality, although normally in order to twist it to her own ends. The only reason it counts as a positive point at all is that in this election, it's not a trait one can automatically assume is possessed by EVERY candidate on the ballot.
You sound like you're looking for a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" candidate. They do not exist in national politics. The few that do exist, don't make it to Washington. All politicians in varying degrees are corrupt and hypocritical. You have to be to survive in Washington.

The voter's job is to select the person with the knowledge, temperature, and qualifications to survive in this cesspool, make the lives of our people a bit better, and leave the country intact, so someone else can try again in 4 years.

Sonny, I've been looking for a "Smith" since Ronald Reagan. If we truly believe that there is no such person out there, then this nation is doomed. Why even bother holding elections if we have to choose between the "lesser of two evils" like we are in this cycle?

It's not the candidates fault that America doesn't demand MORE from their leaders. It's OUR fault and we are getting the very government we deserve. The first dramatic step ahead of tyranny.

That kind of came up a couple of months ago when me and my father were discussing politics. At the time, Russia just buzzed one of our ships and it made the news. My father really likes Trump although he basically is a Democrat. So I asked him, if Donald Trump were President today, do you think Putin would have sent those planes to bother our ships? We both bust out laughing.

Trump is looked at more suspiciously than Obama or Hillary. Our enemies don't know what he's capable of doing, and I kind of like it that way.
Putin has made it clear that Trump's his man. Even Kim Jong-Un has given him the nod. Foreign leaders that like Trump know that he will be easily to manipulate because:
  • He craves attention

That coupled with his total lack of experience in international politics make him easy prey.

In stark contrast to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is measured, pragmatic and much more accustomed to Russian-style diplomacy. Furthermore, Trump's promises to errect a wall against Mexico and to force China to stop its financial manipulations, and his assurance that his presidency will make the United States both unpredictable and consistent would turn the US into a global laughing stock. A Trump's presidential victory will be a victory for the Russians. This is why Putin speaks so highly of Trump.

Oh, would you stop trying to put a positive spin on it and just be honest? Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, hypocritical political bottom-feeder, like virtually every other Democrat (and most Republican) politician you care to name. Literally the only positive point to that is that she has to be at least marginally aware of reality, although normally in order to twist it to her own ends. The only reason it counts as a positive point at all is that in this election, it's not a trait one can automatically assume is possessed by EVERY candidate on the ballot.
You sound like you're looking for a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" candidate. They do not exist in national politics. The few that do exist, don't make it to Washington. All politicians in varying degrees are corrupt and hypocritical. You have to be to survive in Washington.

The voter's job is to select the person with the knowledge, temperature, and qualifications to survive in this cesspool, make the lives of our people a bit better, and leave the country intact, so someone else can try again in 4 years.

You sound like you're trying to justify and rationalize being a sleazebag who applauds other sleazebags for their impressive display of sleaze. If you berate others for aspiring to a higher standard, is the problem them for being naive, or you for wallowing in the gutter?

What a fantastic, brilliant plan for our country: What we REALLY need is a insane street person, because boy, people sure avoid them!

You dipshit, mouthbreathing, hypocritical Trumpettes remain the best argument in the world for NEVER, EVER voting for Trump: because it would make me as fucking stupid as you are. If Trump suddenly morphed into a real human being with real thoughts tomorrow (which would frankly require someone to rub a magic lamp and make a wish), I would still be looking at his supporters and saying, "Nope. Uh uh. Not a chance."

So WTF do you want from me? Vote for Hillary if it makes you happy. And voting for Trump does not make anybody a "Trumpette." It means we are trying to keep Hillary from ruining this country. But you are bleeding from (your whatever) because you can't have your way with a third party candidate.

Sorry the rest of the country doesn't think like you, but the rest of the country doesn't think like me either. The difference is that I accepted that and you go into a petulant rage because you can't accept it.

So while you continue your path to high blood pressure, the rest of us in realville will continue to do whatever we can to keep the worst of the two candidates out of office. Now prepare to waste your vote on somebody else.

• He craves attention

Sonny, I've been looking for a "Smith" since Ronald Reagan. If we truly believe that there is no such person out there, then this nation is doomed. Why even bother holding elections if we have to choose between the "lesser of two evils" like we are in this cycle?

It's not the candidates fault that America doesn't demand MORE from their leaders. It's OUR fault and we are getting the very government we deserve. The first dramatic step ahead of tyranny.
The fact is a Mr.Smith is exactly what Washington doesn't need. In our rather corrupt political system, corruption is good. That's right, I said good and here's why. Politicians are judged on what they produce, not how they do it. The America public hates corruption but they hate just as much an inept congress. Backroom deal making, trading favors with special interest groups and lobbyists, are part of being a successful politician.

Reforms designed to make congress more effective have done just the opposite. For example, the abandonment of earmarks heralded as a major step forward, has made it almost impossible for leaders in congress to get major legislation passed. The efforts to make congress more open and responsive to the public has created and environment in which congressmen can't function as legislators. Instead, their goal is not to pass legislation but discredit the opposition and win the next election for themselves and their party.

In today's political environment, Mr. Smith wouldn't make it through his first term and the boy scouts wouldn't be there to bail him out.
Why political 'corruption' is good

The fact is a Mr.Smith is exactly what Washington doesn't need. In our rather corrupt political system, corruption is good. That's right, I said good and here's why. Politicians are judged on what they produce, not how they do it. The America public hates corruption but they hate just as much an inept congress. Backroom deal making, trading favors with special interest groups and lobbyists, are part of being a successful politician.

Reforms designed to make congress more effective have done just the opposite. For example, the abandonment of earmarks heralded as a major step forward, has made it almost impossible for leaders in congress to get major legislation passed. The efforts to make congress more open and responsive to the public has created and environment in which congressmen can't function as legislators. Instead, their goal is not to pass legislation but discredit the opposition and win the next election for themselves and their party.

In today's political environment, Mr. Smith wouldn't make it through his first term and the boy scouts wouldn't be there to bail him out.

My God - your cynicism amazes me. Oh, and they were "boy rangers". I would be happy just to see someone go to Congress and bitch slap Harry Reid for me. That would be a fine start...

What are the options for those like me?

a short rope and a tall tree.

My God - your cynicism amazes me. Oh, and they were "boy rangers". I would be happy just to see someone go to Congress and bitch slap Harry Reid for me. That would be a fine start...
You're statement indicates, you really don't understand the primary job of a congressmen which is to represent the people in his district or state by supporting and creating legislation that benefits them directly or indirectly.

Voters judge their representatives based on what they produce, not how they produce it. Voters really don't care what their congressman had to do to get the legislation passed that brings 50,000 new jobs into the state.

Forum List

Back