🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are the options for those like me?

That kind of came up a couple of months ago when me and my father were discussing politics. At the time, Russia just buzzed one of our ships and it made the news. My father really likes Trump although he basically is a Democrat. So I asked him, if Donald Trump were President today, do you think Putin would have sent those planes to bother our ships? We both bust out laughing.

Trump is looked at more suspiciously than Obama or Hillary. Our enemies don't know what he's capable of doing, and I kind of like it that way.

OH MY GOD, they BUZZED OUR SHIP!!!! (Which happened to be in their territorial waters, but never mind). THis is an outrage, and outrage, I tell you.

Yes, we totally need a guy who has threatened to use nukes to respond to those sorts of things.

Nazi Orange Hairpiece, 2016!!!!

Trump is only in it for his own entertainment & possibly his wallet.

R U fucking retarded? The Donald is losing money on this deal. No offense, low info folks like you SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE! Sorry for being mean!

OH MY GOD, they BUZZED OUR SHIP!!!! (Which happened to be in their territorial waters, but never mind). THis is an outrage, and outrage, I tell you.

Yes, we totally need a guy who has threatened to use nukes to respond to those sorts of things.

Damn right. We need somebody that our adversaries fear. They know what to expect out of DumBama. That's why they do things without a second thought about America's reactions.

theirguyourguy.jpg

I have been asking myself that question a lot recently. I wish I could tell you. For some odd ball reason, BOTH parties have decided to allow the very bottom of the barrel to run against each other this election cycle.

I mean,. I find it impossible to believe that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the BEST that we can put forward to "supposedly" lead the free world. It's scary. And, more importantly, could mark the end of this great countries standing in the world. Honestly - who the hell in the rest of the world could take either of these clowns seriously?

That kind of came up a couple of months ago when me and my father were discussing politics. At the time, Russia just buzzed one of our ships and it made the news. My father really likes Trump although he basically is a Democrat. So I asked him, if Donald Trump were President today, do you think Putin would have sent those planes to bother our ships? We both bust out laughing.

Trump is looked at more suspiciously than Obama or Hillary. Our enemies don't know what he's capable of doing, and I kind of like it that way.

And God knows, seat-of-the-pants unpredictability is SUCH a good thing in a government leader. We definitely want someone who's just zany and off-the-cuff, could do anything at any moment.

I look at homeless people muttering at themselves on the street suspiciously, too, but I don't think that actually qualifies them to be President.

your option is to become better informed so you don't say things like "Hillary is so corrupt that.....".

had she done anything "corrupt", the multi millions and 25 years spent by the right investigating her and her husband would have yielded something. they didn't. so why don't we start there?

you can decide you don't agree with her positions. but at least she has positions unlike the Donald who seems to stand only for trolling on twitter.

you can vote independent if they better represent your views.

but trump is dangerous and unstable and the idea of putting the football in his hands isn't thinkable for anyone who doesn't hate this country.

And Hillary isn't dangerous? The same Hillary that used a server that a computer geek in high school could have broken into? The same Hillary that could be blackmailed if those important emails got into our enemies hands? The same Hillary that imagines getting shot at leaving planes and has regular conversations with dead people?

It's one thing to say, "Any idiot off the street would be better than Hillary!" and another thing to actually RUN any idiot off the street as nominee.

I'm just saying, maybe a real, serious, adult human being who's feared not because he's insane but because he's smart and principled might have been a good idea. But then, how could anyone expect a bunch of blithering, tantrum-throwing children in adult form to choose anything BUT a blithering, tantrum-throwing child in adult form?

G'head, give me that ol' "Well, we fucked it up, so now you have no choice but to try to pretend our shit sandwich is filet mignon!" argument. It didn't convince me to give my stamp of approval to your cosmic-joke-of-a-candidate the last 289384 times you said it, but maybe THIS time.

Damn right. We need somebody that our adversaries fear. They know what to expect out of DumBama. That's why they do things without a second thought about America's reactions.

View attachment 80887

Yes, the only way we could have gotten "someone our adversaries fear" is to nominate someone that EVERYONE fears because he's like a human version of dynamite that's sweating nitroglycerin. Brilliant. :clap:

It's one thing to say, "Any idiot off the street would be better than Hillary!" and another thing to actually RUN any idiot off the street as nominee.

I'm just saying, maybe a real, serious, adult human being who's feared not because he's insane but because he's smart and principled might have been a good idea. But then, how could anyone expect a bunch of blithering, tantrum-throwing children in adult form to choose anything BUT a blithering, tantrum-throwing child in adult form?

G'head, give me that ol' "Well, we fucked it up, so now you have no choice but to try to pretend our shit sandwich is filet mignon!" argument. It didn't convince me to give my stamp of approval to your cosmic-joke-of-a-candidate the last 289384 times you said it, but maybe THIS time.

You people that live in your own little makeup world have to come to a realization: we only have two people to choose from. That's it. Oh, if it makes you feel better, you can write in somebody or perhaps vote a third party. But then you would accomplish just as much by making a pitcher of Kool-Aid.

As for myself, it's vital to keep Hillary out of that White House. She's proven herself to be irresponsible, untruthful, and worst of all, uncaring about the fate of this country.

Donald is no angel, but the only transgression with him is he blows a lot of hot air. He's never put this country in jeopardy, doesn't have anything on him where he could get blackmailed by one or more of our foes, and his success is built on selling real estate, not selling favors to Wall Street or foreign entities.

And God knows, seat-of-the-pants unpredictability is SUCH a good thing in a government leader. We definitely want someone who's just zany and off-the-cuff, could do anything at any moment.

I look at homeless people muttering at themselves on the street suspiciously, too, but I don't think that actually qualifies them to be President.

Maybe, but you probably fear them and stay the hell away from them.

Hillary is so corrupt she can't be trusted to run my household budget let alone the country.
Trump is only in it for his own entertainment & possibly his wallet.

Where do I go? Third party is a dead end. Do I just pack my bags & go home so to speak? Cross my fingers & hope our economy survives the next 4 years?

I truly have no idea where to focus my attention. Up to this point I have focused on anti Trump shit in a desperate attempt to see a change at our convention to see help for the down ballets but I'm beginning to see that is a lost cause too. Plus it's making me hated here by both sides rather than just one.

Sucks to be in this jar of sour pickles
Grampa Murked U
I'd recommend that you try meeting with other Trump Sanders and Johnson supporters who are in the same boat. And figure out how you want to strategize: either unite around Trump and prepare to check that guy at every turn ( taking heart in the fact that Trump being independent he can more easily be checked or plain thrown out of office if he does anything out of line, whereas Clinton cannot be checked due to connectins with party, media, corporate and legal lobby interests ).
Or organize a plan to get all the third party voters behind Johnson to get 30 electoral votes, and throw the election to a vote in the House which would more likely go to Ryan.
Regardless what happens we need to set up third parties to have a system of checks against the two major parties hijacking federal govt. By setting that up by collaborating between independent voters, greens libertarians tea party, and disenfranchised D and R party members who don't support their party picks, then it will be clear if there are enough numbers to organize behind Johnson or behind Trump. Either way we still need a grievance or grand jury system to check govt directly and answer complaints of abuse. Since it will take all third parties to set this up anyway, might as well partner up now and agree on a game plan.

I have been asking myself that question a lot recently. I wish I could tell you. For some odd ball reason, BOTH parties have decided to allow the very bottom of the barrel to run against each other this election cycle.

I mean,. I find it impossible to believe that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the BEST that we can put forward to "supposedly" lead the free world. It's scary. And, more importantly, could mark the end of this great countries standing in the world. Honestly - who the hell in the rest of the world could take either of these clowns seriously?

Putin has made it clear that Trump's his man. Even Kim Jong-Un has given him the nod. Foreign leaders that like Trump know that he will be easily to manipulate because:
  • He trusts no one but himself
  • He craves attention
  • He has a grandiose view of his own talent

That coupled with his total lack of experience in international politics make him easy prey.

Putin has made it clear that Trump's his man. Even Kim Jong-Un has given him the nod. Foreign leaders that like Trump know that he will be easily to manipulate because:
  • He craves attention

That coupled with his total lack of experience in international politics make him easy prey.

Yep. And that imcopetent asshole Hillary will show them "what is what". Right.

• He craves attention

In stark contrast to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is measured, pragmatic and much more accustomed to Russian-style diplomacy. Furthermore, Trump's promises to errect a wall against Mexico and to force China to stop its financial manipulations, and his assurance that his presidency will make the United States both unpredictable and consistent would turn the US into a global laughing stock. A Trump's presidential victory will be a victory for the Russians. This is why Putin speaks so highly of Trump.

• He craves attention

Like the clintons care for anyone else but themselves. And I say the clintons because bill will be co president. Look at their net worth. Why do you explain why wall street will pay them several hundred thousand for a half hour speech? This is where most of their wealth came from, not even counting their foundation. I'll go with the guy who says he'll stop the mass immigration from the third world. Survivors on a life boat can allow only so many on board before the boat sinks. You know there aren't enough jobs to keep Americans fully employed, and our safety nets are strained, to say the least.
I'll go with the guy who says he'd like to make America great rather than a woman who couldn't pass a background investigation to become a government employee. In fact, she couldn't even handle classified email correctly after signing a protocol agreement that she understood the procedure.

You people that live in your own little makeup world have to come to a realization: we only have two people to choose from. That's it. Oh, if it makes you feel better, you can write in somebody or perhaps vote a third party. But then you would accomplish just as much by making a pitcher of Kool-Aid.

As for myself, it's vital to keep Hillary out of that White House. She's proven herself to be irresponsible, untruthful, and worst of all, uncaring about the fate of this country.

Donald is no angel, but the only transgression with him is he blows a lot of hot air. He's never put this country in jeopardy, doesn't have anything on him where he could get blackmailed by one or more of our foes, and his success is built on selling real estate, not selling favors to Wall Street or foreign entities.

My own little makeup [sic] world? You want to talk about making up your own world, how about people like you, who think the entire world is somehow obligated to revolve around YOUR priorities, whatever the hell you might decide on a whim that they are THIS week, and it's perfectly okay to treat others to the same disregard you CLAIMED you were so angry about before?

If reality is being a spoiled, short-sighted useful idiot like you, I'll pass and stick to my "makeup [sic] world" where people who are nominally adults actually reflect that in their choices and actions.

You're supporting Donald Trump, Chuckles. Bottom line, you have nothing to say on any subject that I would value even as much as the opinions of my first-grader. Your candidate is a joke, which makes any pretense you have toward relevance equally laughable.

In my eyes, you are a liberal dressed in conservative clothing, and nothing else. You are the RDean of the right-wing. Your opinion of me is viewed with EXACTLY the same disdain.

Maybe, but you probably fear them and stay the hell away from them.

What a fantastic, brilliant plan for our country: What we REALLY need is a insane street person, because boy, people sure avoid them!

You dipshit, mouthbreathing, hypocritical Trumpettes remain the best argument in the world for NEVER, EVER voting for Trump: because it would make me as fucking stupid as you are. If Trump suddenly morphed into a real human being with real thoughts tomorrow (which would frankly require someone to rub a magic lamp and make a wish), I would still be looking at his supporters and saying, "Nope. Uh uh. Not a chance."

• He craves attention

In stark contrast to Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is measured, pragmatic and much more accustomed to Russian-style diplomacy. Furthermore, Trump's promises to errect a wall against Mexico and to force China to stop its financial manipulations, and his assurance that his presidency will make the United States both unpredictable and consistent would turn the US into a global laughing stock. A Trump's presidential victory will be a victory for the Russians. This is why Putin speaks so highly of Trump.

Oh, would you stop trying to put a positive spin on it and just be honest? Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, hypocritical political bottom-feeder, like virtually every other Democrat (and most Republican) politician you care to name. Literally the only positive point to that is that she has to be at least marginally aware of reality, although normally in order to twist it to her own ends. The only reason it counts as a positive point at all is that in this election, it's not a trait one can automatically assume is possessed by EVERY candidate on the ballot.

• He craves attention

I wish you were wrong. I also wish I didn't know they feel nearly as confident of YOUR candidate because she's so freaking easy to bribe.

• He craves attention

Sonny, Russians laugh their asses off at this stupid Babushka Clinton.

Oh, and the US is already a laughing stock....

• He craves attention

Oh, would you stop trying to put a positive spin on it and just be honest? Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, hypocritical political bottom-feeder, like virtually every other Democrat (and most Republican) politician you care to name. Literally the only positive point to that is that she has to be at least marginally aware of reality, although normally in order to twist it to her own ends. The only reason it counts as a positive point at all is that in this election, it's not a trait one can automatically assume is possessed by EVERY candidate on the ballot.
You sound like you're looking for a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" candidate. They do not exist in national politics. The few that do exist, don't make it to Washington. All politicians in varying degrees are corrupt and hypocritical. You have to be to survive in Washington.

The voter's job is to select the person with the knowledge, temperature, and qualifications to survive in this cesspool, make the lives of our people a bit better, and leave the country intact, so someone else can try again in 4 years.

Forum List

Back