Zone1 What Can I do in 2023 to Help Black Folk from their Plight?

Ok, I tried.

I was honestly hoping that one of the posters who frequently represent themselves as Black Americans who are downtrodden by the White Man would step up and offer me some advice. Since they did not, I have to conclude that they are only interested in complaining, and not at all in stopping the causes of their complaints.

So, I just donated to Project H.O.O.D. as recommended by MarathonMike whose counsel is always wise.

Easiest NY resolution I ever kept!
Awesome Seymour! You just inspired me to make another donation! :clap2:

If you really want to help Black Americans, stop thinking of them as Black Americans (and do the same for White, Hispanic, Asian, Jewish, Indian, Middle Eastern Americans)

They are Americans.

You're not going to be able to make an impact on a group to which you do not belong, nor should you want to. There will be individual success and failures in ANY group. There are too many factors (quite apart from the quantity of Melanin in their skin) that contribute to those individual successes and failure for one specific act by you to change that.

If you're acquainted with a Black PERSON who you believe would benefit from your assistance (and is willing to accept it) then, by all means, do what you can to help that PERSON. Not as a Black Person, but as a fellow human being.
You know, it would be nice if that would work, but it won't. It won't because POLICIES based on race were made that created damages and those damages have yet to be fixed. Whites like you talk about individual success and failure you do so without factoring in racism. People like this exist that destroy the individual hopes of blacks:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."-USMB Member Flash

It's tough to keep getting up every morning and forging forward when you face stuff like this. And no, the everybody has it tough line does not apply here. Some people fight through it, some break down. But it should not be this way.

This thread was not created by a person concerned about helping blacks. It's another bait thread that needs to be dumped into the appropriate place. And your consistent dismissal of race needs to go there too. There is nothing wrong with noticing someones race. The problem has been in America that one race decided to create a caste system and over the years have shifted and reshuffled that caste system in order to meet the rules of the times. You ain't going to fix 400 years of bs by simply wishing it away by not calling people by race. That's not going to solve the wealth inequality racism produced. And that's just one problem.

It's time to stop pretending that the answer to a long term complex problem can be solved with a simple answer.

I was going to suggest 1-way tickets home to Kenya, the Congo or Algeria, their pick.
How about you buy one back to Europe? You have no room to make that statement. Only Billyboom, Lakota and Hellbillly can tell us to but tickets back to Africa if we don't like it here. Nobody white has neither the right or authority to do so.

You can stop talking about blacks as if they were a different life form, or pet chimpanzees.

Imo, the very best thing that could be done for black folks is to quit making never-ending excuses for their every shortcoming and failure. Make it clear that their success or failure is ENTIRELY in their own hands.

They make their own choices and decisions. It's far past time that they learn to take FULL responsibility for those choices and actions. No one owes them a living.

Stop all of the coddling and excuses. It's time for blacks to stand up and earn their own way, just as every other ethnic group has learned to do.

ONLY blacks can make the changes needed in order to improve their lot in life. Either shit, or get off the pot. And, for Gawd's sake, stop all the fucking whining about how fucking "oppressed" they are, white privilege, and all the other excuses for their lack of achievement.
“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."
-USMB Member Flash

Absolutely.

When you do associate with people who blame the world for their problems, it's a fair bet that you will be their next target.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes withBlack Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."

This thread needs to go.

Are most right wing whites that ignorant and oblivious to history?

Or am I in here with a bunch of dementia patients?

The stuff whites have done is documented. It's time you snowflakes manned/womanned up.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."
-USMB Member Flash
If all that is true, what would your advice be to a young mother trying to decide whether to name her son Jonathan or Jamal?

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes withBlack Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."
Oh, please! So ONE poster said that, and you’ve been reposting it repeatedly ever since.

There was a poster here who said “the final solution for Jews should be to round them up and put them on an island somewhere where they won’t bother people.“ And that’s just the one that pops to mind. There are dozens of nasty, antisemitic shit being hurled here all the time.

So that is what Jews are up against. And yet, we have achieved to an above-average level - despite policies against us. YOU have had policies FOR you, in both hiring and college admissions, for 40 years, and you’re still crying and wailing.

Just follow the path that Jews and other successful people (including blacks) do:

1. Stop having the majority of babies out of wedlock. It’s shameful.

2. Finish high school, and then take some vocational or career training. The taxpayers will fund it.

This thread was not created by a person concerned about helping blacks. It's another bait thread that needs to be dumped into the appropriate place. And your consistent dismissal of race needs to go there too. There is nothing wrong with noticing someones race. The problem has been in America that one race decided to create a caste system and over the years have shifted and reshuffled that caste system in order to meet the rules of the times. You ain't going to fix 400 years of bs by simply wishing it away by not calling people by race. That's not going to solve the wealth inequality racism produced. And that's just one problem.
Another year and more blah blah blah. You can either be part of the solution or perpetuate the problem by pointing fingers screaming RACIST! That has accomplished exactly nothing for over half a century and is still accomplishing nothing. Pastor Corey Brooks is accomplishing something significant but you refuse to even acknowledge his efforts.

If you really want to help Black Americans, stop thinking of them as Black Americans (and do the same for White, Hispanic, Asian, Jewish, Indian, Middle Eastern Americans)

They are Americans.

You're not going to be able to make an impact on a group to which you do not belong, nor should you want to. There will be individual success and failures in ANY group. There are too many factors (quite apart from the quantity of Melanin in their skin) that contribute to those individual successes and failure for one specific act by you to change that.

If you're acquainted with a Black PERSON who you believe would benefit from your assistance (and is willing to accept it) then, by all means, do what you can to help that PERSON. Not as a Black Person, but as a fellow human being.
I often criticize folks like IM2 for basing all of their thinking on “race.” It applies the other way around, too. White fools and Asians and Hispanics etc who base all of their thinking on some race-based construct are just as ignorant.

So some props to fncceo.

What does that mean? And why do nothing more?

Proportional Representation means that everyone's vote counts. It's not like you go and vote in a small area and if that area happens to be vastly one sided then your vote doesn't even matter. One person's vote in CA is the same as one person's vote in WY.

And why do no more?
Because right now, whatever you do, it's within a system that is corrupt. Unless you change the system, all the problems, all the crap, it's all going to be there. Black people can't have change until they can vote for who they want to vote for.
They have two choices. Vote Republican, who care so little about black people it's incredible, or vote Democrat who seem to be trying to solve all the problems by looking up their own asses and trying to find a solution there.
In Germany they have parties for different parts of the spectrum, people know what parties stand for, if a party goes all wacky, then people can vote them out very quickly.

In the UK with FPTP (like the US) UKIP reached 2015, after being founded 30 years before and got 12.6% of the vote. And gained one seat.

In Germany with PR the AfD reached 2017, after being founded in 2013, and got 12.6% of the vote. And gained 90 seats.

Spot the difference.

Black people can't have change until they can vote for who they want to vote for.
This is where we fundamentally disagree. You are of the belief that change HAS to happen from the top down. I believe that real change can happen from the bottom up which is what Pastor Brooks and Project H.O.O.D is all about. He is making a huge difference in the worst part of Chicago BY HIMSELF. Why not support him? He is showing those young men there is another way other than selling drugs and being part of a violent gang. Just listen to the man, his videos and what he has accomplished is all over the internet.

Forum List

Back