Zone1 What did Jesus mean by this?

Matthew 15:

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Why not tell the entire story?

Matthew 15 New International Version

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman​

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him.“Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Can you reveal what religious writing you are quoting?

I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

there is no such statement made by jesus than the refutation of judaism initiated by the 1st century events and jesus's heavenly role in reiterating the religion of antiquity as prescribed for remission to the everlasting.

provide the above written by jesus in their own hand or a document other than the one written by the crucifiers in the 4th century, christian bible.

a book, the christian bible that has no archive for the document used to corroborate the false statement used to convey their false narrative by the person they are using for their own nefarious purpose - nutz.

Another facet of the 'Canaanite' woman was a rejection of the detailed and lengthy racial purity laws created by the Babylonians to validate their political and economic power over the temple state and the Temple, documented in detail in Chapters 12 to 17, from page 271 through page 358, followed by Chapter 18, The Social Position Of Women, pages 359 to 379.

There were no actual 'Canaanites' then, it's a Jewish term for enemies outside their borders, which of course Sidon and Tyre were, which is why the 'vacation spa' idea doesn't make much sense; Jews wouldn't go there for relaxation and rest. They were into serious self-isolation from savage sub-human goyim for most of their history, They in fact demanded to be isolated in their own 'ghettoes' when living in other countries from the beginning; they weren't forced to live in them by Evul Bigoted Xians N Stuff', as the current propaganda likes to claim.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, since Rabbis didn't talk to women, period. His ministry was an exception in the Judaism of his day in his placing value on women.
It matters in the sense that she knew who he was and that he had the power to heal.

Another facet of the 'Canaanite' woman was a rejection of the detailed and lengthy racial purity laws created by the Babylonians to validate their political and economic power over the temple state and the Temple, documented in detail in Chapters 12 to 17, from page 271 through page 358, followed by Chapter 18, The Social Position Of Women, pages 359 to 379.

There were no actual 'Canaanites' then, it's a Jewish term for enemies outside their borders, which of course Sidon and Tyre were, which is why the 'vacation spa' idea doesn't make much sense; Jews wouldn't go there for relaxation and rest. They were into serious self-isolation from savage sub-human goyim for most of their history, They in fact demanded to be isolated in their own 'ghettoes' when living in other countries from the beginning; they weren't forced to live in them by Evul Bigoted Xians N Stuff', as the current propaganda likes to claim.
Actually, the woman was an Israelite, a descendant of the Israelites of the conquered Northern Kingdom, as was the "woman at the well".

Why not tell the entire story?

Matthew 15 New International Version

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman​

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him.“Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
One point at a time. The discourse that Jesus had with the woman seems to contradict his first statement, but does it?

there is no such statement made by jesus than the refutation of judaism initiated by the 1st century events and jesus's heavenly role in reiterating the religion of antiquity as prescribed for remission to the everlasting.

provide the above written by jesus in their own hand or a document other than the one written by the crucifiers in the 4th century, christian bible.

a book, the christian bible that has no archive for the document used to corroborate the false statement used to convey their false narrative by the person they are using for their own nefarious purpose - nutz.
We take the Bible to be true on faith mainly, but the evidence for its veracity is overwhelming, especially the nature of the Christian church, in regard to who Jesus was 'sent only' to. If he was sent to the descendants of the Northern kingdom, then the church is comprised mainly of the descendants of the Northern kingdom. Together with other evidence, as suggested by "British Israelism", I'm pretty comfortable that the Bible is accurate.

What is the source of your objections to the Bible?

There were no actual 'Canaanites'...
True. Interesting that this woman wasn't called a Canaanite woman but 'a woman of Canaan', or simply a woman living in Canaan. Jesus did make a distinction concerning the Samaritans, however. Commentators also ascribe her to be a Syrophoenician woman, which refers mainly to the region where she lived and not her ethnicity.

Last edited:
The woman was Phoenician living in Syria. If she were an Israelite, Jesus wouldn't have dismissed her as something other than an Israelite.
He didn't dismiss her, he scolded the disciples. Read it again.

He called her a dog.

Read it yourself. "Read it again" means nothing.
Read it again means to study it carefully.

He called her a puppy, not a 'dog'. She was a 'lost sheep' that he talked about, and journeyed to fetch, in Luke 15: 4-6.

Healing her daughter wasn't just 'crumbs', it was a most important part of his menu, and the part that got her attention as she heard of his healing ministry in 'Galilee of the Gentiles'.

Last edited:
He called her a puppy, not a dog. She was the 'lost sheep' that he talked about in Luke 15: 4-6.
Puppy? Ha ha. That's rich. Read it again.

Syrophoenician doesn't automatically translate to Israelite. More likely Greek. And by Jesus' and the apostles' reaction, most definitely Greek.

Syrophoenician doesn't automatically translate to Israelite. More likely Greek. And by Jesus' and the apostles' reaction, most definitely Greek.
She was an Israelite 'sitting in the region'.

Matthew 4:16
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 4x
The KJV translates Strong's G2952 in the following manner: dog (4x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. a little dog
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
κυνάριον kynárion, koo-nar'-ee-on; neuter of a presumed derivative of G2965; a puppy:—dog.

G2965 is a sinful person abhorred by the Jews. Jesus called her a G2952, a little dog or puppy, not yet grown into a 'dog'.

Last edited:
Anyone who wasn't a Jew was considered a "Greek" by the Jews. "Greek" meant any gentile of the world outside of Judea. Syrophoenicia was a region, not an ethnicity.

Forum List

Back