What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

Well, no one takes you seriously, that is a given.
the right wing doesn't. they are full of fallacy.
If the founders meant "general welfare" was socialized medicine, then they would have had it from day one.
they didn't have electric vehicles back then; any more special pleading?
We're not talking about vehicles. You claim "general welfare" means government paid healthcare. It doesn't. The Supreme Court has determined what it means.
Making sure everyone has access to healthcare in our First World economy is a responsibility of Government; the general welfare clause must be general enough to address that issue in a market friendly manner.
Please continue then..........Tell us how to fix the Health Care System in the United States..........a country that basically pays twice per capita than any other country on earth for it.

Explain......and NO 15 PER HOUR BS.
:1peleas:

If I am a money lender, do I benefit if house prices are higher than they should be?

Yup! The more money I loan, the more interest I collect on that money.

If I am a real estate broker, do I benefit if house prices are higher than they should be?

Yup! My commission is directly tied to the amount the house sells for. Higher home prices = higher commissions.

What if I am a realtor?

Yup! Same deal. Higher home prices = higher commissions.

Whose pocket is all this extra money coming from?

The sucker buying a house and borrowing money to get it, that's who.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/Uplo...erest-Deduction-Affect-the-Housing-Market.pdf

One widely cited 1996 study by Dennis Capozza, Richard Green, and Patric Hendershott estimated that eliminating the mortgage interest and property tax deductions would reduce housing prices in the short term by an average of 13 percent nationwide, with regional changes ranging from 8 to 27 percent.

Look how much money these profiteers pour into our incumbent politicians' pockets to keep this rigged game going:

1sfayt.jpg

There you have it folks...homeowners are “suckers”...meanwhile home ownership remains a fundamental ‘big boy’ thing to achieve in America and homeowners in the U.S. accumulate personal wealth through real estate.
To close, never accept any form of life coaching from the guy with neck tattoos, wearing a Metallica Master Of Puppets concert shirt and living in moms converted garage.
Homeowners are being ripped off, dumbass. Because the federal government is interfering in the market to redistribute the wealth of homeowners up the food chain.

How much more do you need this dumbed down for you? I can only do so much.

Haha...so let me make sure I understand you clearly.
So homeowners are getting screwed because the ability to deduct mortgage interest incentivizes potential homeowners...this incentive creates demand and the demand drives up home values.
Is that what you’re saying?

I’m gonna bet all 43 year old men who can’t afford to leave moms converted garage can totally level with you on this.

all it takes, is capital to make any form of capital difference; why do we have capital problems?
People are lazy?
:dunno:

What do you mean by "capital problems?"

Go back to nature. A man who wishes to survive in nature must hunt, gather firewood for warmth, and build a shelter. The man who fails to do so will not survive.

Now put a commie spin on it. The guy who works for his food and builds his own shelter must share with the guy who sat on his ass?

You won't get the point. You believe in communism. You can't be too bright.

why would anyone be lazy under Capitalism?

It means simply doing what is in the best interest of....We the People
And under the Constitution.........was reserved for the States to do that........So no one from California will tell someone from Alabama how to live or vice versa..........so each State can decide it's OWN FATE..............

If the founders meant "general welfare" was socialized medicine, then they would have had it from day one.
We're not talking about vehicles. You claim "general welfare" means government paid healthcare. It doesn't. The Supreme Court has determined what it means.
Making sure everyone has access to healthcare in our First World economy is a responsibility of Government; the general welfare clause must be general enough to address that issue in a market friendly manner.
Please continue then..........Tell us how to fix the Health Care System in the United States..........a country that basically pays twice per capita than any other country on earth for it.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means greater efficiency in our markets.

with recourse to a minimum income for simply being unemployed; who wouldn't be able to afford some type of health care?

The genius of COTUS is in ambiguity, which allows the reader to understand the text in terms of their time in history, not the end of the 18th Century when written.
That's the problem. You see ambiguity when there is none.

The Constitution was designed to be static and immovable EXCEPT by amendment. YOU don't like the amendment process because you can't get your bullshit commie agenda implemented.

Anyone who says that the constitution can be changed by a mere change in interpretation is an enemy to the United States and should be treated as such, but it will not happen.

For this and other reasons, I do not want to share a country with the likes of you. I want Texas Independence.

Have you taken ConLaw?

Have you noticed how Supreme Court rulings are not always 9-0, and when not 9-0 there are commonly dissents and concurrences with the majority.

Do you wonder why?

As to your hostility to me, it is based on your ignorance and bigotry.

For the record, I've taken ConLaw, I carried a badge for 32 years, I have an honorable discharge from our Navy (projectile man in a 5" gun); I've been married to the same women since 1974, we have two sons, two grandsons and I've coached little league, CYO Basketball and AYSO Soccer in my spare time; I have had dogs and cats, drove a mini van, had a 10 handicap and once bowled a 300 game.

I'm not a commie and in 1967 I met my first Texan, in fact about 1/3 of my company as NTCSD boot camp came from Texas. They were some of the dumbest and most arrogant people I had ever experienced. Their table manners were atrocious and their language skills were comical. You would have fit right in.

Your posts suggest you are a radical leftist.

Your assessment uses two terms, define both if you can:

Radical means to you?

Leftist means to you?

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means greater efficiency in our markets.

with recourse to a minimum income for simply being unemployed; who wouldn't be able to afford some time of health care?
I told you not to do that .........You have no clue now do you..............LOL

with recourse to a minimum income for simply being unemployed; who wouldn't be able to afford some time of health care?

Tell me about that cost kid...........how young are you troll

Well, no one takes you seriously, that is a given.
No, it isn't a responsibility of government to ensure everyone has healthcare. If it was our founders would have made it so. It's your opinion, that's all.

The genius of COTUS is in ambiguity, which allows the reader to understand the text in terms of their time in history, not the end of the 18th Century when written.
That's the problem. You see ambiguity when there is none.

The Constitution was designed to be static and immovable EXCEPT by amendment. YOU don't like the amendment process because you can't get your bullshit commie agenda implemented.

Anyone who says that the constitution can be changed by a mere change in interpretation is an enemy to the United States and should be treated as such, but it will not happen.

For this and other reasons, I do not want to share a country with the likes of you. I want Texas Independence.

Have you taken ConLaw?

Have you noticed how Supreme Court rulings are not always 9-0, and when not 9-0 there are commonly dissents and concurrences with the majority.

Do you wonder why?

As to your hostility to me, it is based on your ignorance and bigotry.

For the record, I've taken ConLaw, I carried a badge for 32 years, I have an honorable discharge from our Navy (projectile man in a 5" gun); I've been married to the same women since 1974, we have two sons, two grandsons and I've coached little league, CYO Basketball and AYSO Soccer in my spare time; I have had dogs and cats, drove a mini van, had a 10 handicap and once bowled a 300 game.

I'm not a commie and in 1967 I met my first Texan, in fact about 1/3 of my company as NTCSD boot camp came from Texas. They were some of the dumbest and most arrogant people I had ever experienced. Their table manners were atrocious and their language skills were comical. You would have fit right in.

Your posts suggest you are a radical leftist.

Your assessment uses two terms, define both if you can:

Radical means to you?

Leftist means to you?

To the farthest left. Its not that difficult.

we don't have a capitalist economy, then? why waste time with tax cut economics.
That is barely coherent, but let me give it a try.

We have a capitalist economy but we have had abusive lawmakers and executives who have moved to reward those who do not work.

I can't make it any simpler than that, Sancho.

it should be a self-evident Truth no private sector will be worse off if all market participants have an income.
In other words, you have no proof and you are talking out of your ass, AGAIN.
You can't make such a program fail. Give me a scenario where it would not work?

Which landlord would be worse off?

Which merchant in commerce would be worse off?

Which local government would be worse off?

Forum List

Back