What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
They meant the general well being. You ready to pull those millionaires and billionaires off the republican induced welfare plantation that costs us much, much more?

This is dog whistle bullshit.

Do you view tax reductions as welfare?
Do you think investing in Guadalupe and ShaQuita offers an ROi for good, real, productive Americans?
Yes, with deficit spending that results as US Debt for the People, for the benefit of the Rich.

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
They meant the general well being. You ready to pull those millionaires and billionaires off the republican induced welfare plantation that costs us much, much more?

Do you think investing in Guadalupe and ShaQuita offers an ROi for good, real, productive Americans?
It having a poor class of people like Calcutta is a wise investment for any society

Early WHITE settlers built this nation starting out with fishing poles, rifles and tents...Our dark folks can’t get started or improve themselves with $22T dollars thrown at them...Why do you think that is?
a lack of equal protection of the law and natural rights?

It having a poor class of people like Calcutta is a wise investment for any society

Early WHITE settlers built this nation starting out with fishing poles, rifles and tents...Our dark folks can’t get started or improve themselves with $22T dollars thrown at them...Why do you think that is?

Since that's not what happened I'll leave you to your delusions.

Since I am talking about corporate subsidies, we'll ignore these ignorant racist comments.

Since I am talking about corporate subsidies, we'll ignore these ignorant racist comments.

Cool, I'll rephrase to suit your feelings...
Do you believe there is a greater potential of ROi for taxpayers via corporate subsidies
OR
Is there greater ROi potential in subsidizing Guadalupe and ShaQuita?

Do you believe there is a greater potential of ROi for taxpayers via corporate subsidies
OR

How about subsidizing Seymore and Matilda because that's where most of the welfare you oppose goes. And it is a waste of taxpayer money to give subsidies to corporations making millions or billions in profit.

OR

How about subsidizing Seymore and Matilda because that's where most of the welfare you oppose goes. And it is a waste of taxpayer money to give subsidies to corporations making millions or billions in profit.

Who Participated in Welfare?
The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.
21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month

OR

The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific

But white women can get enough black guys though. What's the deal with that?

OR

That's partly true...our fat, pale, disgusting rejects with nose piercings and short burgundy hair can't get enough radiator hose.

OR

That's partly true...our fat, pale, disgusting rejects with nose piercings and short burgundy hair can't get enough radiator hose.

And then there's those swarthy latin lovers to worry about.

OR

21 percent of all blacks live in poverty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-money-but-they-still-lag-far-behind-whites/

Blacks still far behind whites in wealth and income

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco | Disappointing Facts about the Black-White Wage Gap

https://psmag.com/economics/black-white-wage-gap-grows-as-americans-remain-in-denial

The wage gap between white and black men is growing wider

On February 28, 2018, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute, wrote an op ed published in the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress”. The Kerner Commission met in 1968 and made recommendation on how to move toward racial progress. It had been 50 years since the commission made those recommendations at that point yet Rothstein makes this statement: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality”.

And you dare post your idiocy about blacks on public assistance like that's supposed to mean something.

Dumb ass.

OR

That's not how it happens.

Interracial-Couples-Clubin'-Dating-Dancing(Non-Nude)-23.jpg

We need them to buy Trump's debt he is running up.
We DON'T HAVE a "debt" to China. They have a debt to us, which they can never repay. If not for us, and thousands of lost lives of US military, China would be part of Japan. China wouldn't even exist.

21 percent of all blacks live in poverty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-money-but-they-still-lag-far-behind-whites/

Blacks still far behind whites in wealth and income

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco | Disappointing Facts about the Black-White Wage Gap

https://psmag.com/economics/black-white-wage-gap-grows-as-americans-remain-in-denial

The wage gap between white and black men is growing wider

On February 28, 2018, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute, wrote an op ed published in the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress”. The Kerner Commission met in 1968 and made recommendation on how to move toward racial progress. It had been 50 years since the commission made those recommendations at that point yet Rothstein makes this statement: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality”.

And you dare post your idiocy about blacks on public assistance like that's supposed to mean something.

Dumb ass.
Wage gap bullshit. I've worked at many different jobs over the past 20 years. Blacks and whites doing the same jobs earn the same pay.Only difference is, blacks get promoted to higher positions (by affirmative action), and then they get paid more.

As for black poverty, they can't get the AA benefits sleeping in bed till noon, and smoking crack till 6 PM, then staying up all night, drinking Ripple.

Europe, Canada, Mexico, Japan and S Korea aren’t our enemies
Mexico is our # 1 enemy in the world, and has been for 50 years. You don't know anything. Mexican imperialism burglarizes our economy for $30 Billion/year. China, India, and Phillipines are in imperialist double digits as well.

Vicente Fox Says Remittances Largest Source Of Revenue Since 2003, Gloats At Getting Illegals And Matricula Consular Into US : Diggers Realm

Good thing Trump is president, and not you.

Remittance flows worldwide in 2017

Mexico is our # 1 enemy in the world, and has been for 50 years. You don't know anything. Mexican imperialism burglarizes our economy for $30 Billion/year. China, India, and Phillipines are in imperialist double digits as well.

Vicente Fox Says Remittances Largest Source Of Revenue Since 2003, Gloats At Getting Illegals And Matricula Consular Into US : Diggers Realm

Mexico has always been one of our most trusted allies

OR
it can't be an either or dilemma under our Constitutional form of Government.

It is about equality and equal protection of the law.

Subsidize one and the other gets equality.

Upgrade Ellis Island so we can start making money too.

If the general welfare meant what the left claims it means then there would have been no need to follow it with specific things Congress could do since the statement general welfare would have covered everything.
Such an interpretation gives the federal government unlimited power, and renders meaningless the reserves of power to states.

This is why we cannot let people like Dan run our nation. He wants to give too much power to government and make us all slaves.

He is a commie.
we have a general government and a general welfare clause; coincidence or conspiracy?
Incorrect. We have a limited government with a very specific role.

The general welfare refers to the health of the Republic, not to any single citizen.

Forum List

Back