"What did we do to make them so angry at US?"

It matters very much what these attackers think.

Its is dumb beyond words to trash people for trying to understand the threat

refusing to admit the real threat because of political correctness is why the Boston bombings happened.

until we decide to profile all muslims and seal our borders, this kind of thing will continue to happen

Its the Bible of war fighting and winning.

ingore it at your own peril

That's pretty funny considering that you've never read it.

Nothing is more convincing than somebody advocating for something she's neither studied nor understand! Wow! That's compelling!

wonder if they are contemplating this at the Friday Harvard Afternoon Tea or Happy Hour? That's all we heard when US was being attacked during the Bush years. Drink up 1% Harvard!!
Possibly it's the millions of Muslims who've been murdered, maimed, incarcerated, and displaced by the US military since August of '91. If you believe in reaping what you've sown, recent events across Iraq might foreshadow upcoming congressional mid-terms in the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet:

"A bomb attack in Baghdad has left dozens dead and scores injured just days before provincial elections are slated to take place. The elections are an important test of Iraq’s political stability more than a year after US troops departed.

"At least 32 people have been reported killed in a suspected suicide bomb blast, which took place in a popular cafe on the third floor of a building in the capital city, reports the Associated Press."

Pre-election violence rocks Baghdad, capped with cafe bombing today - CSMonitor.com

As long as the 1% can wage war with other people's blood and taxes, why shouldn't they be happy?

Oh dear... here comes the old "millions have died because of us and what we've done" crap.....I've seen dogs shit in my back yard..I guess that's because of what the West has done to these mutts over a period of time?? The fact that "millions" of muslims, and by the way, non muslims have been slaughtered on the alter of Islam (by muslims) just doesn't seem to penetrate the braincells of those that are on a self hate crusade? Or should that be Jihad?? Yep, that's more like it....I bet you're a real bundle of laughs at partys :cuckoo:

seven

They hate us and want us dead.
Who?... Muslims.A lot of them.

Why....

Who the fuck knows at this point.

Drone strikes that kill hundreds of innocent women and children, occupying their countries and killing more innocents while engaging "insurgents" will never win us any friends. If another country were to occupy the US they'd have a huge "insurgent" problem as well.

This bs about them hating us because of our freedoms is just that......bs

yeah all that occupation we did before 9/11....oh wait there wasnt any.....and we helped afghanistan kick Russia out....yet they hate us?????? weird.

eight

wonder if they are contemplating this at the Friday Harvard Afternoon Tea or Happy Hour? That's all we heard when US was being attacked during the Bush years. Drink up 1% Harvard!!
The press tells the world what bad guy President Bush was, horrible Hollywood bozos jumped all over him, the Democrats decide to use every scrap of half-truth to false rumor against the president, painted him like a monkey and Mad Magazine man. And you want to know why they hate us.

Really. :eusa_eh:

nine

Most modern people, be they Christians who believe in the Bible or Muslims who believe in the Koran, do not follow these types of things, and no modern thinking, educated person believes they do. Those who follow such tenets are fundamentalist extremists, be they Christian or Islamic.

The difference being that fundamentalist Christians aren't blowing up buildings, airplanes, buses, grocery stores while doing things like loading ambulances with explosives and strapping bombs to their children. Fundamentalist Muslims are doing that across the globe.

Why would they? when is the last time we attacked a white Christian nation?

Why do they hate America along with some apologist weasels on this board?

Here is the answer:

AllPolitics - San Diego Convention - Famous Convention Speeches
Your link:

"When our Marines, sent to Lebanon on a multinational peacekeeping mission with the consent of the United States Congress, were murdered in their sleep, the 'blame America first crowd' didn't blame the terrorists who murdered the Marines, they blamed the United States..."

What "blame" would you place on the USS New Jersey for the deaths of those Marines?

"On 8 February 1984, New Jersey fired almost 300 shells at Druze and Shi’ite positions in the hills overlooking Beirut. Another] of the massive projectiles rained down on the Bekaa valley east of Beirut and constituted the heaviest shore bombardment since the Korean War.

"The accuracy of New Jersey‘s guns was a scandal in US government circles and was consistently called into question.

"An investigation into New Jersey’s gunfire effectiveness in Lebanon, led Marine colonel Don Price, found that many of the ship’s shells had missed their targets by as much as 10,000 yards (9,140 m) and therefore may have inadvertently killed civilians.

"Records and oral hearings of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee could not be clearer and Secretary Kerrey and Ambassador Connelly know this.

"Tim McNulty, a correspondent for the Chicago Tribune based in Lebanon at the time wrote: 'Everybody loved the New Jersey until she fired her guns.'Once she fired, it was obvious she couldn’t hit anything,'

"Well, as the citizens of Lebanon know well it did hit things. Mainly it bombed innocent civilians and their property and Lebanon’s infrastructure."

Strictly speaking, those particular Marines had already died "in their sleep" the previous October after it became obvious to all Arabs the US "referee" had chosen sides in Lebanon's civil war. That doesn't change the number of Arab civilians murdered and maimed by US weapons during the 1980s in the Middle East and Central America or the fact that Jeanne Kirkpatrick has the same credibility as Dick Cheney when in comes to assessing US war crimes and protecting those who profit from them.

Thirty Years After the Bombing at the US Embassy in Lebanon » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Worse than not understanding our enemies is misunderstanding them or attributing motivations to them that they don't have. We just wish they had them.

refusing to admit the real threat because of political correctness is why the Boston bombings happened.

until we decide to profile all muslims and seal our borders, this kind of thing will continue to happen

Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of the OKC bombing, done by an ex military, right wing extremist. Should we profile all right wing military men? Just curious, you idiot.

Most modern people, be they Christians who believe in the Bible or Muslims who believe in the Koran, do not follow these types of things, and no modern thinking, educated person believes they do. Those who follow such tenets are fundamentalist extremists, be they Christian or Islamic.

The difference being that fundamentalist Christians aren't blowing up buildings, airplanes, buses, grocery stores while doing things like loading ambulances with explosives and strapping bombs to their children. Fundamentalist Muslims are doing that across the globe.

Why would they? when is the last time we attacked a white Christian nation?

When was the last time a white Christian nation attacked us?

"Us good, them bad" is much easier for simple minds. We'll just pretend we haven't been killing innocent civilians in the ME or near ME for years.

They cant accept that their party is hell bent on killing this country.

Everything Bush was told to do by Cheney was horrible for this country.

Bush was stupid enough to do it for many years.

He only caught on in his last couple of years.

He was still so stupid and playble others plyed him after that.

hell even the republicans didnt want Bush and team anywhere near the last election.

Now they are trying everything to pretend he was a hero.

That means refusing to understand the enemies motivations.

They dont care about this country they only care about their party.

they are killing their own party with their insane brain cleansed versions of reality.

They are mentally ill and run by sociopaths

Why....

You guys don't understand why Muslim extremists hate America? We kill their people every day and have been doing so for years. We support Israel, a country that kills Muslims nearly everyday and oppresses them every day and has done so for decades.

Give a good reason why they should not hate America.
YOU don't understand why Muslim extremists go after Americans. They kill our people every day and have been doing so for many years. We pledged our support for Israel after WWII due to the 6,000,000 a Muslim Imam named Haj Amin al-Husseini, Mufti of Jerusalem, bartered with Hitler, oil for killing all the Jews in Europe, and when that was done, for killing all the Jews in the Middle East, no surviors.

There's a lot more to that story here: The Mufti and Hitler

What they did was a craven crime against humanity to the tune of 6,000,000, which only ended with Hitler's cowardly suicide following his complete military defeat. Millions more would have died had we not sent men to Atlantic and Pacific fronts following December 7, 1941, when our naval base and most of our fleet at Pearl Harbor was decimated by Axis planes from Japan. On December 11, Axis counterparts Germany and Italy declared war on the USA over food and equipment sales to their enemies who comprised the Allied nations.

Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of the OKC bombing, done by an ex military, right wing extremist. Should we profile all right wing military men? Just curious, you idiot.

only if they exhibit mental illness symptoms. Then they should be put in mental institutions for their own and everyone else's protection. McVeigh was mentally ill.

Hassan was on a jihad.

Do you comprehend the difference?

Why....

You guys don't understand why Muslim extremists hate America? We kill their people every day and have been doing so for years. We support Israel, a country that kills Muslims nearly everyday and oppresses them every day and has done so for decades.

Give a good reason why they should not hate America.
YOU don't understand why Muslim extremists go after Americans. They kill our people every day and have been doing so for many years. We pledged our support for Israel after WWII due to the 6,000,000 a Muslim Imam named Haj Amin al-Husseini, Mufti of Jerusalem, bartered with Hitler, oil for killing all the Jews in Europe, and when that was done, for killing all the Jews in the Middle East, no surviors.

There's a lot more to that story here: The Mufti and Hitler

What they did was a craven crime against humanity to the tune of 6,000,000, which only ended with Hitler's cowardly suicide following his complete military defeat. Millions more would have died had we not sent men to Atlantic and Pacific fronts following December 7, 1941, when our naval base and most of our fleet at Pearl Harbor was decimated by Axis planes from Japan. On December 11, Axis counterparts Germany and Italy declared war on the USA over food and equipment sales to their enemies who comprised the Allied nations.

don't confuse liberals with history, it makes their little heads explode.

only if they exhibit mental illness symptoms. Then they should be put in mental institutions for their own and everyone else's protection. McVeigh was mentally ill.

Hassan was on a jihad.

Do you comprehend the difference?

No he was not. If he were mentally ill, they would not have tried and executed him. He was not mentally ill. Now, I'm guessing you have a link, or you just pulled that right out of your ass.

Oh for crying out loud why must it be something we did?
25550369.jpg

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested."

Smedley Butler vs. Prescott Bush

"Smedley Butler continued to campaign against the Military Industrial Complex until his death on 21st June 1940."
"Following the war (To End all Wars), Butler transformed the wartime training camp at Quantico, Virginia into a permanent Marine post.

"In 1923 the newly elected mayor of Philadelphia, W. Freeland Kendrick, asked Butler to leave the Marines to become Director of Public Safety. Butler refused but eventually accepted the appointment in January 1924 when President Calvin Coolidge requested him to carry out the task.

"Butler immediately ordered raids on more than 900 speakeasies in Philadelphia. He also ordered the arrests of corrupt police officers. Butler upset some very powerful people in his crusade against corruption and in December 1925 Kendrick sacked Butler.

"He later commented 'cleaning up Philadelphia was worse than any battle I was ever in.'"

Smedley Butler : Biography

Forum List

Back