What did you have for dinner?

Last night I made philly cheesesteak. it was ok. I need to do some tweeking
tonight I am making a shrimp boil. shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and sweet corn. YUM

Philly Cheesesteaks can be tricky.
I hate to admit it but the only way we've gotten close is to use cheese whiz from the jar.
It's what's recommended in a lot of recipes although it goes against the grain to use it.

If I am not mistaken, a lot of your Philly Cheese Steak restaurants use Cheese Whiz.

tonight I am making a shrimp boil. shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and sweet corn. YUM

I hate to admit it but the only way we've gotten close is to use cheese whiz from the jar.
It's what's recommended in a lot of recipes although it goes against the grain to use it.
I finally nailed my white beans man. The last batch was amazing!

If I am not mistaken, a lot of your Philly Cheese Steak restaurants use Cheese Whiz.
I just cant do that stuff.. I mixed some pepperjack and a tad of cream cheese to the ribeye meat when it was almost done. Then I melted provolone when I toasted the bread.

I just cant do that stuff.. I mixed some pepperjack and a tad of cream cheese to the ribeye meat when it was almost done. Then I melted provolone when I toasted the bread.

mmmmmm I love cream cheese.

Tried a new bbq rib recipe over the weekend.

amazingribs.com

did this with the KC style sauce found here

amazingribs.com

The best ribs I've ever made, hands-down. You might need some equipment, such as a probe to monitor your grill temp, some herbs for the rub, smoking wood (I went with apple chunks), and maybe some items for the bbq sauce recipe, but if you just follow the directions these are simply fantastic.

yer welcome....

me too! but it is easy to have too much. I put a little in alfredo sauce. if it put too much, my wife lets me know lol

me too! but it is easy to have too much. I put a little in alfredo sauce. if it put too much, my wife lets me know lol

I am coming to your house next time!! LOL

What meat do you use? I can't stomach any that is too greasy.

amazingribs.com

amazingribs.com

The best ribs I've ever made, hands-down. You might need some equipment, such as a probe to monitor your grill temp, some herbs for the rub, smoking wood (I went with apple chunks), and maybe some items for the bbq sauce recipe, but if you just follow the directions these are simply fantastic.

yer welcome....
I grill 3-5 times a week, and smoke something once or twice a week.
I have 4 apple trees, 2 pear and 2 peach trees. I have wood for years. The bottom part of my peach trees are dead, so I been using that. Late this fall, I am going to trim them all up and keep the wood.
Did you use a mop sauce? I mastered mop sauce. I make some ridiculous ribs..

come on!
I use chicken or steak with the alfredo. For the cheesesteaks, I used ribeye. They are as cheap as sirloin right now.

peach tree wood is probably the best smoke wood I ever used. It is a tad "sweet" if you know what I mean.
Well, next to jack daniels wood. I bought a bag of jack Daniel charcoal and some wood chunks came with it. It is chopped up whiskey barrels. I recommend everyone try that stuff!

come on!
I use chicken or steak with the alfredo. For the cheesesteaks, I used ribeye. They are as cheap as sirloin right now.

Well yum again. Sounds to me like you have it down!

come on!

I love to cook. wish I would have went to school for it, honestly. I would even consider it a hobby. I just make stuff up just to try something new. <<<<that's where good food comes from!

come on!

I love to cook. wish I would have went to school for it, honestly. I would even consider it a hobby. I just make stuff up just to try something new. <<<<that's where good food comes from!

I agree that's where good food comes from. And I am now hungry!

amazingribs.com

amazingribs.com

yer welcome....
I have 4 apple trees, 2 pear and 2 peach trees. I have wood for years. The bottom part of my peach trees are dead, so I been using that. Late this fall, I am going to trim them all up and keep the wood.

I didn't use a mop sauce. The only time I've used that is when doing a whole pig.

I let the rub set up overnight to get a good bark, which I did, then basted the sauce on to caramelize it just before serving.

It was seriously good stuff.

If you're a bbqer check that guy's site out. Lots of good recipes there.

The ribs were so good I'm doing the pulled pork this weekend....

amazingribs.com

amazingribs.com

yer welcome....

I didn't use a mop sauce. The only time I've used that is when doing a whole pig.

I let the rub set up overnight to get a good bark, which I did, then basted the sauce on to caramelize it just before serving.

It was seriously good stuff.

If you're a bbqer check that guy's site out. Lots of good recipes there.

The ribs were so good I'm doing the pulled pork this weekend....
I use rub, but I don't let it sit overnight. Maybe I will try that!
I generally do the rub for spice and brown sugar(good bark). I use mop for all kinds of flavors. Dark beer, apple butter, salt, red pepper, ketchup mmmmm

my problem was a sauce. I mean, it had cheese, but it needed some broth or something I think. Might add a little beef broth when I sear the steak next time?

I know what you mean.
You end up with a meat and melted cheese sandwich but it's kinda dry and rather bland.
Maybe go the route you use to make mild chile gravy for cheese enchiladas?

Make a medium dark roux but instead of adding chicken broth use beef broth.

I'd try 1/16 cup of beef tallow (if you can get it,I make my own)1/16 cup flour,start it on the stove top but finish it in a 375 oven until medium dark.
Then stir in some beef broth and simmer till blended.
You'll need at least a cup of broth but you'll really have to go by taste.

Forum List

Back