What did you have for dinner?

I don't think swordfish is "fishy" either. I'd call that "meaty". I like it.
I was thinking the same thing. I hate fish and even I liked swordfish. It was similar to dry white chunk tuna only way better.

I hate trout.

I thought it was fishy.
In my dad's AARP magazine it's says don't eat talapia or catfish. They have very few omega 3s.

Eat salmon tuna halibut black cod sardines anchovies and rainbow trout

I only like cod and tuna. Never had salmon or trout. Anchovies and sardines . . . . ewwww. Here in NE, we have a lot of "mercury" pollution in our rivers and streams, so it is not advisable to eat a lot of fresh water fish. Pregnant women are advised to avoid it as well as tuna. I mostly eat chicken, TBH. Lol.

You don't like Lobster? WTF woman, get with the programme already :smoke:

I was talking about fishes. Of course I like lobster. Had some for dinner last night actually. :p

Tonight I'm making homemade "perfect" hummus on whole wheat pita bread with lettuce and tomatoes.

Haha, what a character. That was a hoot to watch. :thup:

That woman is a trip. She's funny, and her recipe is perfect. Adding the avocado, plus adding baking soda while boiling the chickpeas really makes the hummus smooth. If you like hummus, you should try her recipe. :)

Tonight I'm making homemade "perfect" hummus on whole wheat pita bread with lettuce and tomatoes.

That woman is a trip. She's funny, and her recipe is perfect. Adding the avocado, plus adding baking soda while boiling the chickpeas really makes the hummus smooth. If you like hummus, you should try her recipe. :)

I love hummous, and tahini, and I have plenty of the latter that needs usin'. Not sure if I'm gonna break down and go to avacado for the first time ever though. I'll put up with unsmooth. But I'll definitely experiment with other stuff. Have a lot of peppers already coming up for one. :)

I love hummous, and tahini, and I have plenty of the latter that needs usin'. Not sure if I'm gonna break down and go to avacado for the first time ever though. I'll put up with unsmooth. But I'll definitely experiment with other stuff. Have a lot of peppers already coming up for one. :)

Is tahini expensive where you're located? Geez, they want $10-12 bucks a jar here, so I make my own.

Well, last night I had a grilled porterhouse steak with salad topped with Greek vinaigrette dressing. Yumyum, I just feel guilty for eating meat , but it tastes so damned good. Salads and tofu don't cut it.

I love steamed clams and mussels. I did have some steamers while I was on vaca this week too. I want some right now, but I'm just having a pizza tonight. :(

steamed-clams-large.jpg

This reminds me of watching the cooking shows were the chef(s) and guests ultimately taste a dish, and it's just to bad we haven't figured out a way to get the full experience, the smells, the flavors across. Love clams.

This reminds me of watching the cooking shows were the chef(s) and guests ultimately taste a dish, and it's just to bad we haven't figured out a way to get the full experience, the smells, the flavors across. Love clams.

Smellovision! Lol! I would be hungry all the time. Then again, it might not be so pleasant at times. :D

Is tahini expensive where you're located? Geez, they want $10-12 bucks a jar here, so I make my own.

Yeah it is, but I already have a bunch.

OK I guess tahini really doesn't aggregate into "bunches"....

Last night I made philly cheesesteak. it was ok. I need to do some tweeking
tonight I am making a shrimp boil. shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and sweet corn. YUM

tonight I am making a shrimp boil. shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and sweet corn. YUM

Philly Cheesesteaks can be tricky.
I hate to admit it but the only way we've gotten close is to use cheese whiz from the jar.
It's what's recommended in a lot of recipes although it goes against the grain to use it.

Philly Cheesesteaks can be tricky.
I hate to admit it but the only way we've gotten close is to use cheese whiz from the jar.
It's what's recommended in a lot of recipes although it goes against the grain to use it.
my problem was a sauce. I mean, it had cheese, but it needed some broth or something I think. Might add a little beef broth when I sear the steak next time?

Forum List

Back