What did you have for dinner?

You know what she means. I've had salmons steaks that tasted nothing like fish. Not all fish smell and taste like sardeens, right?

When fish smells like fish, don't eat it because it means it's going off already.

That is true. Fish is not supposed to smell, but some fish do have a fishy taste, like swordfish and others. Yuck!

I don't think swordfish is "fishy" either. I'd call that "meaty". I like it.
I was thinking the same thing. I hate fish and even I liked swordfish. It was similar to dry white chunk tuna only way better.

I hate trout.

I thought it was fishy.
In my dad's AARP magazine it's says don't eat talapia or catfish. They have very few omega 3s.

Eat salmon tuna halibut black cod sardines anchovies and rainbow trout

When fish smells like fish, don't eat it because it means it's going off already.

That is true. Fish is not supposed to smell, but some fish do have a fishy taste, like swordfish and others. Yuck!

I was thinking the same thing. I hate fish and even I liked swordfish. It was similar to dry white chunk tuna only way better.

I hate trout.

I thought it was fishy.
In my dad's AARP magazine it's says don't eat talapia or catfish. They have very few omega 3s.

I only like cod and tuna. Never had salmon or trout. Anchovies and sardines . . . . ewwww. Here in NE, we have a lot of "mercury" pollution in our rivers and streams, so it is not advisable to eat a lot of fresh water fish. Pregnant women are advised to avoid it as well as tuna. I mostly eat chicken, TBH. Lol.

I scored a heaping big bundle of Swiss chard. Haven't had that for a while. Gonna steam that up with taters and fish.

I hate trout.

I thought it was fishy.

I only like cod and tuna. Never had salmon or trout. Anchovies and sardines . . . . ewwww. Here in NE, we have a lot of "mercury" pollution in our rivers and streams, so it is not advisable to eat a lot of fresh water fish. Pregnant women are advised to avoid it as well as tuna. I mostly eat chicken, TBH. Lol.

You don't like Lobster? WTF woman, get with the programme already :smoke:

I scored a heaping big bundle of Swiss chard. Haven't had that for a while. Gonna steam that up with taters and fish.

I mentioned this on another thread, and for dinner last night Mr. Lucy made cake, he began it at about 4pm, but we had Guglhupf/Gugelhupf, my favourite sort with cherries and cream liqueur icing....and no I didn't put ketchup on it, THAT would be an IMMEDIATE shooting offence :eek-52:

It's a traditional Austrian dessert, it was made famous by Kaiser Franz Josef.

juicy-marzipan-gugelhupf-cake-cherries-cream-liqueur-icing.jpg

I mentioned this on another thread, and for dinner last night Mr. Lucy made cake, he began it at about 4pm, but we had Guglhupf/Gugelhupf, my favourite sort with cherries and cream liqueur icing....and no I didn't put ketchup on it, THAT would be an IMMEDIATE shooting offence :eek-52:

Yum.

You want a delicious cake Oosie? My favourite is Hummingbird Cake. I highly recommend.

hummingbird-cake-recipe-DSC_2158.jpg

Yum.

You want a delicious cake Oosie? My favourite is Hummingbird Cake. I highly recommend.

Hummingbird Cake looks marvellous :smile:

Yum.

Pineapple. And pecans and cream cheese and lots of nutmeg ---- and apparently bananas, though I never noticed that part. I think of it as carrot cake, creamy, with pineapple.

Did I mention it's got pineapple? Might have forgot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Yum.

Pineapple. And pecans and cream cheese and lots of nutmeg ---- and apparently bananas, though I never noticed that part. I think of it as carrot cake, creamy, with pineapple.

I'm getting my kitchen slave on this, he said it'll have to wait until Saturday though.

So ogo, this Hummingbird Cake, is it a NOLA thing, or do other parts of America also have it?

Yum.

I'm getting my kitchen slave on this, he said it'll have to wait until Saturday though.

So ogo, this Hummingbird Cake, is it a NOLA thing, or do other parts of America also have it?

I think it might be a Southern thing, not a NOLA thing. Actually I think a Southern magazine made it up.

I generally don't do desserts, it's just not my thing. But this is one of the exceptions I cannot resist. Even though it's got wheat.

There's also Jeff Davis Pie, that's another Southern thing. But I'm not sure you can get a proper supply of Jeff Davis in Europa. :smoke:

Yum.

I think it might be a Southern thing, not a NOLA thing. Actually I think a Southern magazine made it up.

I generally don't do desserts, it's just not my thing. But this is one of the exceptions I cannot resist. Even though it's got wheat.

There's also Jeff Davis Pie, that's another Southern thing. But I'm not sure you can get a proper supply of Jeff Davis in Europa. :smoke:

There are two other desserts I intentionally go for in a restaurant --- one is kheer in an Indian restaurant -- beautiful rice pudding that provides a perfect finish to the savoury sensuality of the meal. The other is another rice-y dish found only occasionally in Thai restaurants, called "Song Kaya" (I made them teach it to me in Thai so I could properly order it when possible). It must be intensive to make because they always know what I'm talking about, but they rarely actually have it.

Song Kaya is made with sticky rice and coconut custard. What it does to your taste buds after a nice spicy meal simply defies verbal description. We don't really have a word for that kind of orgasm.....

At one restaurant I asked for it, they said no sorry, it's not on the menu, which is what they usually say. Then they brought me out some of their personal stash. :thup:

Forum List

Back