What did you have for dinner?

I always use Beef Chuck..... it's actually in the Crock Pot
Is there a better beef to use? I'm always open to suggestions..

I rarely use the slow cooker. I should use it more often. It's pretty much still brand new! I've probably only used it 5 times, and I've had it for at least 5 years. Lol.

Yeah - but you're a good cook!
Teach me what's easy and good in a crock pot slow cooker

Chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, beef or chicken broth and lipton french onion soup mix.
Cook on high for 8 hours for tender
Celery too right? Can I do rice not potatoes? Or both?

Celery is fine, not sure about rice. I have never cooked raw rice.. ChrisL ?

I rarely use the slow cooker. I should use it more often. It's pretty much still brand new! I've probably only used it 5 times, and I've had it for at least 5 years. Lol.

Chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, beef or chicken broth and lipton french onion soup mix.

If you slow cook for long time it it'll be fine or maybe cook it separately and add later.

Chuck roast is what I have to remember and brown the meat first..

I don't know. I told you I don't use the slow cooker much. :) I don't see why not though. Probably wouldn't want to use minute rice though. A "real" rice that takes a while to cook would probably work out well though.

I always use Beef Chuck..... it's actually in the Crock Pot
Is there a better beef to use? I'm always open to suggestions..

How do I make beef tenderloin tips or a good casserole with great breadcrumbs.

I don't usually make casseroles. Not my favorite food.

For beef tenderloin (roast), I would season them with salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt would be good), and sear it in a frying pan, then bake or cook them on the grill with indirect heat. You want to make sure you don't burn it because it's an expensive cut of meat.

You know, you can find tons of recipes online. :)

I am making pork bone soup. I use pork ribs to make this soup with. I add potato's, carrots, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt.

I throw it in a slow cooker and let it cook all day. Some will add cabbage to it but I prefer it without the cabbage.

I have no clue. I have some left over roast, might make some fried rice to supplement.

You wanna see some condiment, I got cher condiment right here:

garlicshop_2272_11808080

One of my mother's neighbors somehow acquired one, and they gave it to me because no one on the block was wiling to try it. At that time it was made from scotch bonnet peppers, which if you're into hot stuff is like :rock:

Sadly, when I went to replace it they had changed the formula to a mustard base. Now I love mustard, but compared to the original this was :lame2:

I would use it in Balela, which it's just about time to make....

• I can black beans
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • 1 clove garlic (actually several)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • ½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
  • chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.
I'm generally not a fan of parsley but it really really works here. Yummmm....

Colon Cleaner....now THERE'S a winning marketing name for a food product if ever there was one :smoke:

Roast and veggies. I know, boring.
My dad makes me a real nice baked salmon with asparagus and baby baked potatoes. Some people would love it I hate it! Bread it and give me tarter sauce and French fries anyday.

You don't like baked salmon with asparagus and baby baked potatoes? You know if you put chocolate sauce on the baked salmon....:thup:

Roast and veggies. I know, boring.
My dad makes me a real nice baked salmon with asparagus and baby baked potatoes. Some people would love it I hate it! Bread it and give me tarter sauce and French fries anyday.

You don't like baked salmon with asparagus and baby baked potatoes? You know if you put chocolate sauce on the baked salmon....:thup:
I put something on it. Last night tartar sauce. The last time I found some Arby Horsey sauce and yummy! Otherwise it's just fish. My dad is a health nut so no breading or tartar in his house.

I've never had salmon, but I don't think I'd like it. Is it "fishy" tasting? I don't like that.
Actually the kind he makes for me is the least fishy. Maybe it's socki salmon? He will make everyone else trout or some other kind of fish and to me those are really fishy. Salmon is a thick expensive and almost like a white meat kind of fish and it is not fishy. But it sure ain't chicken steak or pork.

The only reason I eat it is because it is healthy.

garlicshop_2272_11808080

One of my mother's neighbors somehow acquired one, and they gave it to me because no one on the block was wiling to try it. At that time it was made from scotch bonnet peppers, which if you're into hot stuff is like :rock:

Sadly, when I went to replace it they had changed the formula to a mustard base. Now I love mustard, but compared to the original this was :lame2:

• I can black beans
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Colon Cleaner....now THERE'S a winning marketing name for a food product if ever there was one :smoke:
If you run out of it, a muffuletta from Central Grocery in New Orleans works well.

garlicshop_2272_11808080

• I can black beans
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • Dash of cumin

That's Professor Phardtpounder's Colon Cleanser to you Missy. :funnyface:

cant believe I been missing out on this thread!
Tonight im doing a simple "southwest chicken" quesadilla.
Diced chicken, rotel, black beans and corn mixed up with creole seasoning. Drizzle it with melted queso cheese. Real queso cheese.
Between the queso and creole, it kinda comes out "chipotleish" lol
My aunt got me a quesadilla grill for my birthday. I been using the shit out of it.
FYI, that is really good in eggroll wraps and deep fried or baked. Dip it in the cheese YUM
Spinach doesn't hurt it either. And gives it a good look too.

I've never had salmon, but I don't think I'd like it. Is it "fishy" tasting? I don't like that.

"I've never had salmon, but I don't think I'd like it. Is it "fishy" tasting? I don't like that."

Is salmon fishy tasting? Chris salmon is a fish....get with the programme already :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back