What did you have for dinner?

I had chicken thighs with a glaze (again) and twice baked potatoes (which were awesome). I'll post the recipe.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

Bake about 4 good sized russet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (meanwhile cook up some bacon - 2 pieces)

Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for another 30 minutes (make sure you pierce them deep enough - I had one explode on me once - lol).

Take potatoes out and decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees.

Cut tops (carefully) off potatoes lengthwise and set aside.

Spoon out potatoes into a bowl.

Add 1/3 cup sour cream and about 2 or 3 tbsp butter. (Reserve 1 tbsp butter to melt and brush on potato skins). Mash potatoes well.

Add chopped scallions, bacon broken into bits, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, about 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (reserve the rest of cheese for topping), salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon filling back into potato shells and top with reserved cheese.

Meanwhile, melt reserved butter and brush on potato tops, sprinkle with salt and pepper (they are like a great snack/appetizer - potato skins!!!).

Bake potatoes and tops at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy! :)
Tonight I almost got a steak but so expensive and pork was $3 for 3 big pieces. I got some pork shake and bake cooked them for 45 minutes on 425 with tater tots.

You know what makes a great dinner IMO? Condiments. I had this 1883 suuce and it was perfect. I used 5 different condiments tonight. God bless ketsup and ranch and honey mustard and sweet n sour

I only count 4 condiments there. :D

You forgot to count the 1883 sauce. 1883 sauce, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard and sweet and sour.
I ate a pot cookie last night and I was trippin balls. I fell asleep and didn't set my alarm. I woke up with 25 minutes to get to work and got there with 5 minutes to spare. Nice working 7 minutes from work.

What is 1883 sauce? Never heard of it.
It was near the steak sauce so it's like an A1. It was on special so I tried it. Not bad. From what I'm seeing when I try to google it it's a cheap Kroger brand?

Yup!. I found it.

I had chicken thighs with a glaze (again) and twice baked potatoes (which were awesome). I'll post the recipe.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

Bake about 4 good sized russet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (meanwhile cook up some bacon - 2 pieces)

Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for another 30 minutes (make sure you pierce them deep enough - I had one explode on me once - lol).

Take potatoes out and decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees.

Cut tops (carefully) off potatoes lengthwise and set aside.

Spoon out potatoes into a bowl.

Add 1/3 cup sour cream and about 2 or 3 tbsp butter. (Reserve 1 tbsp butter to melt and brush on potato skins). Mash potatoes well.

Add chopped scallions, bacon broken into bits, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, about 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (reserve the rest of cheese for topping), salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon filling back into potato shells and top with reserved cheese.

Meanwhile, melt reserved butter and brush on potato tops, sprinkle with salt and pepper (they are like a great snack/appetizer - potato skins!!!).

Bake potatoes and tops at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy! :)
Tonight I almost got a steak but so expensive and pork was $3 for 3 big pieces. I got some pork shake and bake cooked them for 45 minutes on 425 with tater tots.

You know what makes a great dinner IMO? Condiments. I had this 1883 suuce and it was perfect. I used 5 different condiments tonight. God bless ketsup and ranch and honey mustard and sweet n sour

I only count 4 condiments there. :D

You forgot to count the 1883 sauce. 1883 sauce, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard and sweet and sour.
I ate a pot cookie last night and I was trippin balls. I fell asleep and didn't set my alarm. I woke up with 25 minutes to get to work and got there with 5 minutes to spare. Nice working 7 minutes from work.

What is 1883 sauce? Never heard of it.
It was near the steak sauce so it's like an A1. It was on special so I tried it. Not bad. From what I'm seeing when I try to google it it's a cheap Kroger brand?

Yup!. I found it.

My favorite steak sauce is my own homemade steak sauce, but if I was to use a bought brand . . .

411T8i%2B-OGL._SY355AA355_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA355_SH20_.jpg

You wanna see some condiment, I got cher condiment right here:

garlicshop_2272_11808080

One of my mother's neighbors somehow acquired one, and they gave it to me because no one on the block was wiling to try it. At that time it was made from scotch bonnet peppers, which if you're into hot stuff is like :rock:

Sadly, when I went to replace it they had changed the formula to a mustard base. Now I love mustard, but compared to the original this was :lame2:

I would use it in Balela, which it's just about time to make....

• I can black beans
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • 1 clove garlic (actually several)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • ½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
  • chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.
I'm generally not a fan of parsley but it really really works here. Yummmm....

You wanna see some condiment, I got cher condiment right here:

garlicshop_2272_11808080

One of my mother's neighbors somehow acquired one, and they gave it to me because no one on the block was wiling to try it. At that time it was made from scotch bonnet peppers, which if you're into hot stuff is like :rock:

Sadly, when I went to replace it they had changed the formula to a mustard base. Now I love mustard, but compared to the original this was :lame2:

I would use it in Balela, which it's just about time to make....

• I can black beans
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • 1 clove garlic (actually several)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • ½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
  • chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.
I'm generally not a fan of parsley but it really really works here. Yummmm....

Colon cleaner?? :eek-52: That doesn't sound like it would end up being very pleasant . . . in the end. Lol.

I always use Beef Chuck..... it's actually in the Crock Pot
Is there a better beef to use? I'm always open to suggestions..

I use eye of round. It's fairly cheap and not real tough. I always slice a clove of garlic thin, put slits in the roast and put the garlic in the slits. Then I make a rub with garlic salt, smoked paprika and pepper and rub the roast with that. I don't have a roasting rack, so I put in a baking pan with a little bit of water on the bottom (I like to make a pan gravy out of the water and juices after it's done cooking anyway).

I rarely use the slow cooker. I should use it more often. It's pretty much still brand new! I've probably only used it 5 times, and I've had it for at least 5 years. Lol.
How do I make beef tenderloin tips or a good casserole with great breadcrumbs.

I rarely use the slow cooker. I should use it more often. It's pretty much still brand new! I've probably only used it 5 times, and I've had it for at least 5 years. Lol.

Yeah - but you're a good cook!

Teach me what's easy and good in a crock pot slow cooker

Is there a particular kind of beef you throw in a slow cooker? Raw chicken? What do you put in that makes it yummy. Yea and vegetables too. I like rice too.

Chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, beef or chicken broth and lipton french onion soup mix.
Cook on high for 8 hours for tender

If you are not too lazy - brown the beef or chicken in a frying pan before adding to the crock post.

It seals in the moisture - makes it more tender.

Chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, beef or chicken broth and lipton french onion soup mix.
Cook on high for 8 hours for tender
Celery too right? Can I do rice not potatoes? Or both?

Forum List

Back