What did you have for dinner?

I thawed out some ground beef enchiladas I had made a few weeks ago. Still yummy. :thup:

I'm a sucker for cheese enchiladas.
Took the wife and I a shitload of tries to get em just right.
And FUCK chile gravy!!!
Whether you're using chicken/cheese/ground beef, break up a package of cream cheese into the pan once the meat is cooked through. It gives the filling a creamy cheesy texture.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!
But then I guess mexican food is regional.
My favorite gravy is chicken stock based.
It's about texture and flavor. However you achieve it in order to get your desired profile works just fine. No need to get your panties in a uproar. I like a lot of chili powder and cumin and.... chipotle.

To each his own. I like TexMex enchiladas.

The redhead blew my mind with dinner tonight.

She made veal meatballs. Normally that would be a kind of ho-hum meal. But tonight she did something amazing to them. She took the ground veal, mixed in fresh full fat ricotta cheese, then added a small amount of golden beets and heirloom carrots (steamed leftovers from the other day), some oregano, and parmesan cheese......and then the secret amazing ingredient that pulled it all together.....fresh Lemon Basil. She pan fried them on low heat with Avocado oil...

They tasted amazing! The lemon basil perfectly complimented the root veggies and tangy parmesan and creamy ricotta....heavenly. I think we may have to have it again tomorrow!!

Mrs. H. brought home some Wendy's chili for dinner. She ate it as is, I added chili powder cumin and ground dried chipotle and it kicked motherfuckin' ass. :thup:
Are you still alive?
My only regret is that I forgot the chipotle hot sauce.

Yeah I'm alive but sweating like a mother scratcher. :lol:
Alriiiight!! That's the best tiiiiime!!! Get off this forum and go tend to the Mrs. you itchy bastard! Waahaha

The redhead blew my mind with dinner tonight.

She made veal meatballs. Normally that would be a kind of ho-hum meal. But tonight she did something amazing to them. She took the ground veal, mixed in fresh full fat ricotta cheese, then added a small amount of golden beets and heirloom carrots (steamed leftovers from the other day), some oregano, and parmesan cheese......and then the secret amazing ingredient that pulled it all together.....fresh Lemon Basil. She pan fried them on low heat with Avocado oil...

They tasted amazing! The lemon basil perfectly complimented the root veggies and tangy parmesan and creamy ricotta....heavenly. I think we may have to have it again tomorrow!!

That sounds yummy!

Mrs. H. brought home some Wendy's chili for dinner. She ate it as is, I added chili powder cumin and ground dried chipotle and it kicked motherfuckin' ass. :thup:
Are you still alive?
My only regret is that I forgot the chipotle hot sauce.

Yeah I'm alive but sweating like a mother scratcher. :lol:

Ah, you need a Big Gulp.

For dinner Mr. Lucy made a vegetarian lasagne, with Portobello mushrooms, aubergine, red peppers, Castelvetrano olives and red onions, we had a Caesar salad also.

I had chicken thighs with a glaze (again) and twice baked potatoes (which were awesome). I'll post the recipe.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

Bake about 4 good sized russet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (meanwhile cook up some bacon - 2 pieces)

Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for another 30 minutes (make sure you pierce them deep enough - I had one explode on me once - lol).

Take potatoes out and decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees.

Cut tops (carefully) off potatoes lengthwise and set aside.

Spoon out potatoes into a bowl.

Add 1/3 cup sour cream and about 2 or 3 tbsp butter. (Reserve 1 tbsp butter to melt and brush on potato skins). Mash potatoes well.

Add chopped scallions, bacon broken into bits, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, about 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (reserve the rest of cheese for topping), salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon filling back into potato shells and top with reserved cheese.

Meanwhile, melt reserved butter and brush on potato tops, sprinkle with salt and pepper (they are like a great snack/appetizer - potato skins!!!).

Bake potatoes and tops at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy! :)

So Ooosie....

I made my baked vegetable-rice dish tonight, with a variation. Put small slices of both chicken and fish in it, and or extra flavour mixed in some Jalfreezi sauce. Deeee-licious.

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrot
Red and yellow bell peps
Zucchini
Peas
String beans
Sweet onion
--- all above steamed while basmati rice cooks, then tossed with Mozarella and Feta (and a bit of leftover Muenster), baked @ 350 for 15 minutes.

I should note, that's 350 Fahrenheit. Don't want Europeans going extra crispy.

I thawed out some ground beef enchiladas I had made a few weeks ago. Still yummy. :thup:

I'm a sucker for cheese enchiladas.
Took the wife and I a shitload of tries to get em just right.
And FUCK chile gravy!!!
Whether you're using chicken/cheese/ground beef, break up a package of cream cheese into the pan once the meat is cooked through. It gives the filling a creamy cheesy texture.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!
But then I guess mexican food is regional.
My favorite gravy is chicken stock based.
It's about texture and flavor. However you achieve it in order to get your desired profile works just fine. No need to get your panties in a uproar. I like a lot of chili powder and cumin and.... chipotle.

To each his own. I like TexMex enchiladas.
My dad makes me these healthy salads I hate. No meat and no dressing. So I went and got $1 tortila chips $1 salsa $1 onion $4 beef $1 taco meat seasoning and $3 cheese $1 sour cream and turn those salads into amazing taco salads

I had chicken thighs with a glaze (again) and twice baked potatoes (which were awesome). I'll post the recipe.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

Bake about 4 good sized russet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (meanwhile cook up some bacon - 2 pieces)

Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for another 30 minutes (make sure you pierce them deep enough - I had one explode on me once - lol).

Add 1/3 cup sour cream and about 2 or 3 tbsp butter. (Reserve 1 tbsp butter to melt and brush on potato skins). Mash potatoes well.

Add chopped scallions, bacon broken into bits, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, about 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (reserve the rest of cheese for topping), salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile, melt reserved butter and brush on potato tops, sprinkle with salt and pepper (they are like a great snack/appetizer - potato skins!!!).

Tonight I almost got a steak but so expensive and pork was $3 for 3 big pieces. I got some pork shake and bake cooked them for 45 minutes on 425 with tater tots.

You know what makes a great dinner IMO? Condiments. I had this 1883 suuce and it was perfect. I used 5 different condiments tonight. God bless ketsup and ranch and honey mustard and sweet n sour

So Ooosie....

I made my baked vegetable-rice dish tonight, with a variation. Put small slices of both chicken and fish in it, and or extra flavour mixed in some Jalfreezi sauce. Deeee-licious.

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrot
Red and yellow bell peps
Zucchini
Peas
String beans
Sweet onion
--- all above steamed while basmati rice cooks, then tossed with Mozarella and Feta (and a bit of leftover Muenster), baked @ 350 for 15 minutes.

Oh I forgot to add --- the fish was tilapia. Ooosie's favourite. :)

So Ooosie....

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrot
Red and yellow bell peps
Zucchini
Peas
String beans
Sweet onion

Ooops, forgot to list tomato in the ingredients. That's important.
The original recipe also calls for eggplant, but I usually don't bother.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

Tonight I almost got a steak but so expensive and pork was $3 for 3 big pieces. I got some pork shake and bake cooked them for 45 minutes on 425 with tater tots.

You know what makes a great dinner IMO? Condiments. I had this 1883 suuce and it was perfect. I used 5 different condiments tonight. God bless ketsup and ranch and honey mustard and sweet n sour

I only count 4 condiments there. :D

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

You forgot to count the 1883 sauce. 1883 sauce, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard and sweet and sour.
I ate a pot cookie last night and I was trippin balls. I fell asleep and didn't set my alarm. I woke up with 25 minutes to get to work and got there with 5 minutes to spare. Nice working 7 minutes from work.

Ingredients:

4 russet potatoes
2 slices of bacon
1 large scallion
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 to 4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper

You forgot to count the 1883 sauce. 1883 sauce, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard and sweet and sour.
I ate a pot cookie last night and I was trippin balls. I fell asleep and didn't set my alarm. I woke up with 25 minutes to get to work and got there with 5 minutes to spare. Nice working 7 minutes from work.

What is 1883 sauce? Never heard of it.

Forum List

Back