What Do You Think God Should Have Done With These People?

So what did Jesus actually die for when they say for my sins? How does that change sinning from before Jesus died?

You seem to be very insincere. Most godless atheists are. Mockery and condescension are your métiers.

Jesus was without sin. He was persecuted, tortured, and murdered by those who mocked him as atonement for those who believed in and trusted Him, which you clearly do not.
This is not to say that every believer will never again sin after trusting in Jesus Christ. To the contrary, we do the best we can and regret mistakes and sins we make. You simply giggle and mock.

If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment. - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher

You seem to be very insincere. Most godless atheists are. Mockery and condescension are your métiers.

Jesus was without sin. He was persecuted, tortured, and murdered by those who mocked him as atonement for those who believed in and trusted Him, which you clearly do not.
This is not to say that every believer will never again sin after trusting in Jesus Christ. To the contrary, we do the best we can and regret mistakes and sins we make. You simply giggle and mock.

If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment. - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher
You didn't answer the question, what changed in sin after Jesus died for everyone's sins? Anything?

You didn't answer the question, what changed in sin after Jesus died for everyone's sins? Anything?
Whenever anyone answers your question, you respond in typical smartass fashion and twist the answer or change the subject.

I answered the question. You just did not like the answer.
Did anyone ever walk out of prison and declare to the world, "I'm a new man. I discovered NOTHING! Atheism is my all."

No, they did not.

Jesus died to forgive sins, but that did not prevent the world from practicing free will and sinning again. It is well nigh impossible never to sin again, but with our best efforts and the Lord's forgiveness, we should rejoice and hope for a bright future. This is something you clearly know nothing about. Tragedy, that.

Lee Strobel wrote some books you need to read. The Case For Faith. The Case for Christ are two.

The scripture in the Book of John makes belief a pivotal in salvation. The Bible does not obfuscate things like Nancy Pelosi does with her two-ream laws designed to confuse her foes. Reread the third chapter in the Gospel book of John. It's so simple even I can understand it. You can too if you believe in Jesus. Best wishes.

Whenever anyone answers your question, you respond in typical smartass fashion and twist the answer or change the subject.

Did anyone ever walk out of prison and declare to the world, "I'm a new man. I discovered NOTHING! Atheism is my all."

No, they did not.

Jesus died to forgive sins, but that did not prevent the world from practicing free will and sinning again. It is well nigh impossible never to sin again, but with our best efforts and the Lord's forgiveness, we should rejoice and hope for a bright future. This is something you clearly know nothing about. Tragedy, that.

Lee Strobel wrote some books you need to read. The Case For Faith. The Case for Christ are two.
So Jesus died to forgive just the past sins or all future sins as well?

The scripture in the Book of John makes belief a pivotal in salvation. The Bible does not obfuscate things like Nancy Pelosi does with her two-ream laws designed to confuse her foes. Reread the third chapter in the Gospel book of John. It's so simple even I can understand it. You can too if you believe in Jesus. Best wishes.
I don't even understand what you just wrote, lol.

I don't even understand what you just wrote, lol.
I'm sorry, Mr. Blow. I will try and find a couple of the scriptures if you do not have a resource. Keep in mind that you could think of me as a link to what anyone making inquiries about the Lord God and his son, Jesus Christ, require of believers of the Word. The third chapter of John in my Bible has some verses in black letters that are not the words of Jesus and some verses in red letters that are the words of Jesus. This means a lot to someone who wants to know what Jesus himself actually said and not someone else. If you get a Bible it is good to know exactly what Jesus' opinion was. So I will write below what Jesus said according to my red letter edition of the Bible:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

That's enough to think about for now. I noticed that there are several very devoted people here -- to the things of the Kingdom of God that were important to a lot of those who founded the nation by agreeing to a Constitution that would not use religious beliefs against their fellow Americans, but to create a system that wouldn't start another Crusade that was basically a footshoot between people of different cultures. That said, keep in mind that as long as you're alive the Lord loves you and hopes your soul has an eternal life since eternity is a long time. Best wishes for your life after this life ends.

No, they did not.

If the Jeebus died for our sins, do we dare dishonor his memory by not committing them?

The Bible should be cancelled.
Go for it...........Social Fascists have attempted it before, but.........the scriptures remain unbroken. In fact Christianity has grown from One Carpenter's Son and 12 of his close friends to encompass over 1/3 of the world's population, becoming the largest religious philosophy on earth.

Why? God is not slack in His promises. ".....the Word of the Lord endures for ever. And this the Word which by the gospel is preached unto you." -- 1 Peter 1:25

Christianity exists because of its "incorruptible seed". Peter wrote of this to those who had been added to the church, those that had been born again, "..........not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23

Jesus promised (God incarnate), "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall never pass away....." -- Matt. 24:35

Proof? The Holy Scriptures, after 1000s of years.....still are the most popular works of literature on earth.

If the Jeebus died for our sins, do we dare dishonor his memory by not committing them?
The only unforgivable sin.....is that sin which remains, unrepentant (to turn away)........

Eat, drink and be merry..........the same wages apply to every person on earth......death. God has no respect of person......just as you have no respect of God. You will get paid the exact amount that you are entitled............. ;)

I'm sorry, Mr. Blow. I will try and find a couple of the scriptures if you do not have a resource. Keep in mind that you could think of me as a link to what anyone making inquiries about the Lord God and his son, Jesus Christ, require of believers of the Word. The third chapter of John in my Bible has some verses in black letters that are not the words of Jesus and some verses in red letters that are the words of Jesus. This means a lot to someone who wants to know what Jesus himself actually said and not someone else. If you get a Bible it is good to know exactly what Jesus' opinion was. So I will write below what Jesus said according to my red letter edition of the Bible:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

That's enough to think about for now. I noticed that there are several very devoted people here -- to the things of the Kingdom of God that were important to a lot of those who founded the nation by agreeing to a Constitution that would not use religious beliefs against their fellow Americans, but to create a system that wouldn't start another Crusade that was basically a footshoot between people of different cultures. That said, keep in mind that as long as you're alive the Lord loves you and hopes your soul has an eternal life since eternity is a long time. Best wishes for your life after this life ends.
You're not even on point, we're talking about how sin changed after Jesus died for them.

You're not even on point, we're talking about how sin changed after Jesus died for them.
Truth and the goodness of the Kingdom of God never change. I humbly beg your pardon for spewing my love for God's kingdom. I won't bother you again.I hope you have no hard feelings.

Jeremiah Chapter 7

They were dealing with each other unjustly Jeremiah 7:5

They were oppressing foreigners Jeremiah 7:6

They were oppressing the fatherless {orphans} and
widows {the defenseless} Jeremiah 7:6

They were killing innocent people Jeremiah 7: 6

They were stealing, murdering, committing adultery and
committing perjury in the courts. Jeremiah 7:9

God spoke to them again and again and told them to stop
doing all these sins, but they refused to listen to Him and
they kept on murdering innocent people. Jeremiah 7:13

They were stiff-necked and would not listen and obey the
Lord -- they refused to respond o His correction. Jeremiah 7:24-28

They even murdered their own children by burning them in fire as
sacrifices to their blood-thirsty false gods. Jeremiah 7:30-31

God spoke to them repeatedly and told them to stop murdering
innocent people, and to stop stealing, and to stop oppressing
widows and orphans and to stop murdering their children by
offering them in the fires as sacrifices to their false blood-thirsty
gods -- but they de facto told God, "No we will NOT stop
murdering innocent people." See all of Jeremiah chapter 7

So?

So God destroyed them and gave their dead bodies to the birds
of the air and they became meals for the vultures -- "food for
the birds" Jeremiah 7:32-33

Concluding Remarks:
No human is forced to choose wrongly and thereby bring destruction
upon themselves. God gave us free will and we can choose to listen
to Him and obey His commands. He knows what is best for us and
He has made a way for us to say no to destructive sin and wrong doing.

The Lord Jesus opened our path to forgiveness and peace with
God by His death on the Cross. He purchased our salvation by
shedding His blood on Calvary. His death and Resurrection created
a New Covenant {a New Testament} between God and humanity.

"Whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life.
He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."
John 5:24

"Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God through
our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

You too, today, can find peace with God , , , ,

"To all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave
the right to become children of God." John 1:12

If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your savior, simply pray
this simple prayer from the heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your
forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the
dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart
and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.
In Your Name. Amen."

JAG
I understand you're trying to be helpful in your way of thinking. But there are many paths to God, many do not involve Jesus at all. May you be happy in your choice.

Truth and the goodness of the Kingdom of God never change. I humbly beg your pardon for spewing my love for God's kingdom. I won't bother you again.I hope you have no hard feelings.
So you don't know how sin changed after Jesus died for them either?

Forum List

Back