What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

Who would,that be and why follow their morals and values?

Sorry I wasn't there thousands of years ago to get their names. Those Morals and Values are the true Universal Morals and Values not the ones we see now, corrupted by time, politics, and religion. They would be much more Traditional values, more like what we see in the Middle and Far East. Not the open and free values we see today which require no consequences for actions

So, what you are saying, we need to adopt the morals and values much like those in the Middle East. Much like the NBA player who because of his desire to follow a Middle Eastern religion, chose to not stand up for the anthem?

The idea that I could limit myself to only American food would be terrible.

The issues of being able to carry a gun and worries about health insurance are limitations you place on yourself due to fear.

I have been able to find people who speak English or get by with a phrase book. Not an issue.

My dietary tastes are wholly American. I don't drink alcohol. I cannot eat shellfish. I won't eat horse, dog, cat or anything I cannot identify.

There are certain fundamental Values in my life.... the ability to defend myself and my unwillingness to accept Government handouts are both high on that list.

Having to find someone to speak English with me has lost many businesses here in MA my money, why go somewhere that will exacerbate that issue?

Shellfish is certainly "American" if it can be classified in such a way. It's always been very popular in New England. Fisherman here in NE have made a living off of shellfishing for centuries. Shows how much YOU know. :rolleyes-41:

I think he is allergic to it.

So, what you are saying, we need to adopt the morals and values much like those in the Middle East. Much like the NBA player who because of his desire to follow a Middle Eastern religion, chose to not stand up for the anthem?

What I'm saying is that we need to stop concerning ourselves with what we like, want or think and accept that we no longer adhere to the basic tenant of human society and morality which are the only basis for an acceptable society. We've given up on Right and Wrong and replaced it with emotional drivel.

This individuals two errors were. ....

1. Being involved in religion.

2. Leaving his country of origin.

Shellfish is certainly "American" if it can be classified in such a way. It's always been very popular in New England. Fisherman here in NE have made a living off of shellfishing for centuries. Shows how much YOU know. :rolleyes-41:

Shellfish is American. So is Anaphylaxis. I have no great desire to die over dinner.

I've eaten shellfish since I was a small child and never have I even gotten sick, weirdo. I suppose you shouldn't eat any food at all, because any food has the potential to make you sick. You are even MORE ignorant than I thought.

What I'm saying is that we need to stop concerning ourselves with what we like, want or think and accept that we no longer adhere to the basic tenant of human society and morality which are the only basis for an acceptable society. We've given up on Right and Wrong and replaced it with emotional drivel.

This individuals two errors were. ....

1. Being involved in religion.

2. Leaving his country of origin.

He was born in Philadelphia, he is in his country of origin.

So what do you think?

Why you ask does he not stand?

Mr. XXX said it's because he's... that's right-

Muslim :up_yours:

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

More bulletin board material for Patriots

-Geaux

--------------------------------------

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

Hypocritical. While he has the right to protest and do this, that he cites religious beliefs as the reason while earning however much from a sports entity part of that country is entirely hypocritical. Imagine if you compared the pay scales of Muslim countries pro basketball players (if they even have those) to US players the difference would be substantial. So by protesting the US for Muslim treatment, wars in the middle east and such but all the while gladly accepting the pay from an American sports team makes him a total hypocrite.

I've eaten shellfish since I was a small child and never have I even gotten sick, weirdo. I suppose you shouldn't eat any food at all, because any food has the potential to make you sick. You are even MORE ignorant than I thought.

I had a reaction to it as a child. One that thankfully occurred while I was at a hospital. I have no intent to repeat that experience.

So what do you think?

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

Hypocritical. While he has the right to protest and do this, that he cites religious beliefs as the reason while earning however much from a sports entity part of that country is entirely hypocritical. Imagine if you compared the pay scales of Muslim countries pro basketball players (if they even have those) to US players the difference would be substantial. So by protesting the US for Muslim treatment, wars in the middle east and such but all the while gladly accepting the pay from an American sports team makes him a total hypocrite.
So what are you saying? Someone who protests something in this country doesn`t have a right to work and get paid here? Nonsense.

He was born in Philadelphia, he is in his country of origin.

Then he should be shot for Treason alongside everyone in the audience who didn't stand, failed to remove a hat, didn't properly place their hand over their heart or salute and any adult who doesn't know the words to the first verse of the anthem.

Last edited:
So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

So what are you saying? Someone who protests something in this country doesn`t have a right to work and get paid here? Nonsense.

Dunno what you read but it wasn't my post. Unless you read every fifth word or something.

Forum List

Back