What Do You Think Of Greta Thunberg?

What Do You Think Of Greta Thunberg?

• Total voters
And other stupid people gave Nobel Peace prizes to Yasser Arafat and Barack Obama.

Yasser Arafat deserved the Nobel.
He got both sides to sit down and at least pretend to negotiate.
It was just that Israel was lying and never stopped building more illegal Jewish settlements on privately owned Arab land.
Arafat was not at fault at all.

I think it is child abuse to tell a child that she has no future and only has 12 years to live because the end of the word is coming because of carbon emissions.

To watch her then show up at the UN to cry about being traumatized by such indoctrination I think is criminal.

But this is how the Left is. They will pull first graders out of class to protest guns.

Again, it's child abuse.

No, it the climate activists are not exaggerating.
Sweden is mostly coastal cities, and a 250' ocean increase would mean pretty much the end of the whole country.
We just don't know exactly when it will happen, because it depends on positive feedback mechanisms like methane and water vapor.
Could be 12 years or 75 years.
But really, the length of time does not matter.
We still need to fix it right away.

I get the impression that she sees herself as some kind of Joan of Arc-type crusader. Once the global Leftists finish with her and discard her she'll probably have some kind of mental breakdown. They've used the kid and made her a global joke and I doubt she's even aware of it.

She can never be a global joke because the changes from the 1960s to now prove global warming really is a problem.
You speak as if she will be proven wrong, and that is not possible.
Global warming already is a fact.
If it happens more slowly than she predicts does not matter.
Saving fossil fuel will be good for future generations anyway.

Yasser Arafat deserved the Nobel.
He got both sides to sit down and at least pretend to negotiate.
It was just that Israel was lying and never stopped building more illegal Jewish settlements on privately owned Arab land.
Arafat was not at fault at all.
There is nothing quite the mass murder of Jews to elicit your support.

When did you give up your car, your TV, your computer, and all food you didn't grow yourself?

Stopping global warming does not require any of that.
Cars can run on bio fuels like palm oil or ethanol, or hydrogen made from nuclear energy.
TV and computers use very little energy.
The biggest problem are jet airliners, using a gallon a second, per engine.
Growing food does not increase global warming, just the food distribution is a problem.
But using trains instead of trucks would take care of that.

She hasn't that I know of. All she ever does is spout off the same crap you just did without listing any details. She's always criticizing the things that they actually do do so what is it she wants, other than taking it serious? What in the hell does that mean? John Kerry just said that we need to spend tens of trillions of dollars and she probably says that Kerry isn't taking things serious.

All we have to do is stop emitting so much fossil fuel carbon.
Not hard or costly.
We can grow bio fuel, do more mass transit, etc.
Easy and saves us money that we now spend on imported oil

This is your thread. Your book report, not mine.
She is urging governments to take action. If they come to her and say "what, EXACTLY", like you are, she is going to look at them like they are stupid and tell them to ask the scientists.
So, as loud mouthed as she is, she can't make a list of demands that will shut her up? The best she can ever do is claim that we're not taking things seriously? I mean she went to Glasgow, not to be part of the conference to make a difference, but to protest outside that they aren't taking Climate Change seriously when she didn't even know what they were going to talk about. They are having a damned world conference on Climate Change and she claims they aren't taking it seriously. Give me a break. All she is is blah blah blah.

She is just a kid. there are people who are alive today when the world was in chaos during WW2. Tons of hazardous stuff was sunk and burning in every ocean and many rivers every freaking day. Reckless Atomic testing became the norm after the war and was so popular that it was a tourist attraction in Nevada. We obliterated beautiful islands and left them permanently uninhabitable while radiated ships littered the ocean floor. All that stuff is percolating to the surface today even if kids like Thunburg think it's ancient history. If there is such a thing as man made global warming it ain't my fault because I drive a V-8 truck.

I've been reading up on the Climate Summit in Scotland and something stuck in my mind when Greta Thunberg said, "“Change is not going to come from inside there,” she told the crowd. “That is not leadership; this is leadership.”

So, if change is not going to come from the world leaders, what are the details of how her leadership is going to make the necessary changes to save our planet? What things is she going to do that does not involve the world's leaders?

If I had $50.00 for every time I thought about Greta Thunberg, I'd start thinking about Greta Thunberg...

She meant that we as the voters have to force the leaders into doing the right thing.
LOL. Democrats can't even push their own agenda through Congress. She is a worthless piece of shit that has a big mouth that accomplishes nothing. In fact, she attacks those that actually are trying to do something. How dumb in that? Why doesn't she go to China, India, Saudi Arabia, etc., the real polluters, and shout off her big mouth there? Even if she could get most of the civilized world to do as she pleased, it wouldn't make up for the world's worst polluting countries.

LOL. Democrats can't even push their own agenda through Congress. She is a worthless piece of shit that has a big mouth that accomplishes nothing. In fact, she attacks those that actually are trying to do something. How dumb in that? Why doesn't she go to China, India, Saudi Arabia, etc. the real polluters and shout off her big mouth there?
The bill that already passed the senate has quite a few climate initiatives in it. So those have already cleared the biggest hurdle.

Forum List

Back