what do you think of this

There's always been gay people on tv, in our lives, in history. Remember that anywhere from 2-10% of the people you know are gay.

There has also been murderers, rapists, child molesters, and other perverts, all throughtout history.

But that doesn't make it right or normal.

And no, I don't know any homos; and don't want to know any. Period

Of course you don't. :lol::lol::lol:

I won't tell. :eusa_shhh:

Just for fun, here are some questions for Sunni Man.

1. What would you do if you found out that your child's teacher was gay?

2. What would you do if you found out that your doctor was gay?

3. What would you do if you found out that your town's mayor was gay?

4. What would you do if you found out that your close friend's adult child just came out to them as gay?

Just for fun, but be honest.

People are more willing to watch shows with openly gay characters than they were in the past.

If you don't like it, don't watch. TV networks are slaves to ratings. It doesn't matter how good a show is, if the folks don't turn in, it doesn't stay on the air. If it offends you, organize a boycott.

I have to say of all the new comedy series I've tested out this fall, "Modern Family" is the only one that stands a chance, with the gay guys trying to raise an adopted child. I actually think it would be funnier if they dropped the homophobes from the cast entirely.

Yeah, my wife and I are enjoying Modern Family too. Unfortunately, the weakest part of that show for us is the gay couple. I used the word "unfortunately" because seeing a gay couple struggle to raise a child together could have been interesting when compared to the "normal" family and the other family. We're two episodes in and its seems like the recurring joke will be the tension over how "gay" to be in public.

4. What would you do if you found out that your close friend's adult child just came out to them as gay?

1) Make an appointment with the principal, and have my child transfered to another teacher.

2) change doctor

3) next election, work for the other canidate, to vote the pervert out of office

4) express my sympathy to them for their loss

1) Make an appointment with the principal, and have my child transfered to another teacher.

On what basis?

2) change doctor

Why?

3) next election, work for the other canidate, to vote the pervert out of office

Would you make signs, bumperstickers, etc. calling him/her a pervert and recommend people vote against them BECAUSE they are gay? What if you agree with them politically on every other point?

4) express my sympathy to them for their loss

And what if they accepted their child as is?

A couple of times at a restaueant, I have had a waiter that was obviously a homo.

I called the manager over and asked for a different server.

The manager complied and I received a different waiter.

A couple of times at a restaueant, I have had a waiter that was obviously a homo.

At a restaurant, the customer is always right. The manager just wanted you to be pleased to spend money there. Secretly, he thinks you are a silly bigot...as do I.

Last edited:

Someday...it may happen, you may find yourself in an accident, or severe sudden illness - and the doctor or ambulance worker will work to save your life.

The nurse tending to you in the hospital, though you may be even unable to talk or move, or urinate without assistance, will be there to provide care for you.

And that person, or persons, will be gay or lesbian.

Godspeed to you on your journey to understanding the ones you detest so much, have much more humanity and love in their heart than you could ever imagine, and will be there for you, even as you banish them to your hell.

8 to 5, he'd lose his friend.
I wouldn't befriend a couple who accepted or encouraged their childs homosexuality.
That wasn't the question. You were asked what you would do upon discovering that a friend's child had come out. You have already befriended the parent. Now what do you do?
Read the thread, as I have already answered that question.

But just for you, I will restate my answer:

I would express my sympathy and condolences to the parent(s) on their loss

I wouldn't befriend a couple who accepted or encouraged their childs homosexuality.
That wasn't the question. You were asked what you would do upon discovering that a friend's child had come out. You have already befriended the parent. Now what do you do?
Read the thread, as I have already answered that question.

But just for you, I will restate my answer:

I would express my sympathy and condolences to the parent(s) on their loss
Would you remain their friend?

Someday...it may happen, you may find yourself in an accident, or severe sudden illness - and the doctor or ambulance worker will work to save your life.

The nurse tending to you in the hospital, though you may be even unable to talk or move, or urinate without assistance, will be there to provide care for you.

And that person, or persons, will be gay or lesbian.

Godspeed to you on your journey to understanding the ones you detest so much, have much more humanity and love in their heart than you could ever imagine, and will be there for you, even as you banish them to your hell.
"Will be gay or lesbian" :lol:

Nice fantasy post.

But chances are, it ain't gonna happen that way.

Would you remain their friend?
Read post #33
...meaning you would lose the friend for something the friend's child did.

Would you cease to be friends with a previously close friend whose child raped a neighbor's child?...murdered someone?...refused to join your religious group?

I'm just trying to get an idea of where you rank being gay among things really worthy of shame.

Forum List

Back