What do you want Hussein Obama to do with Ukraine, and Russia?

It's a sad day when people trust more in Putin than in the Spineless One sitting in the Oval Room over there...

...and that shows how low he has fallen.... Odumba.

Asswipe said today that the situation regarding Israel/Palestine "is difficult and will require compromise". This is the stuff of policy Giants.
In the realm of difficult compromises, there's an Orthodox Jew, Delta, who's a veteran of the IDF taking orders from neo-Nazis in Kiev

"As platoon leader, Delta says he takes orders from activists connected to Svoboda, an ultra-nationalist party that has been frequently accused of anti-Semitism and whose members have been said to have had key positions in organizing the opposition protests.

“'I don’t belong [to Svoboda], but I take orders from their team. They know I’m Israeli, Jewish and an ex-IDF soldier. They call me ‘brother,’ he said. “What they’re saying about Svoboda is exaggerated, I know this for a fact. I don’t like them because they’re inconsistent, not because of [any] anti-Semitism issue.'”

"The commanding position of Svoboda in the revolution is no secret, according to Ariel Cohen, a senior research fellow at the Washington D.C.-based Heritage Foundation think tank.

In Kiev, an Israeli army vet led a street-fighting unit | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

It's a sad day when people trust more in Putin than in the Spineless One sitting in the Oval Room over there...

Yep. That is the 'Conservative' line. 'Conservatives', the modern day Bund. What a bunch of beautifully treasonous assholes.

You fucking hypocrite. You opposed every move by Bush when he was in office and probably declared it was "patriotic." You should be tarred and feathered.
I trust Putin to act in predictable ways. He will lie when it suits him and do whatever it takes to achieve his aims. Of course Obama does the same but somehow Putin is better at it. It's like watching a pro basketball player and a high school gym class.

...and that shows how low he has fallen.... Odumba.

actually it shows how far the right has fallen when they hold Putin up as some hero.

Cheering for Americas downfall and telling people Putin has been demonized on Russian TV is how Repubs show their love of America

Nobody on the right is pro-Putin. It's a strawman argument by Obama apologists who are grasping at straws to apologize for Obama's foreign policy ineptitude. So pleae, shut the fuck up about it. :mad:

Everyone knows that Putin is a tinpot tyrant that needs to be put in his place.

Obama needs to put extreme pressure on Putin: Economic pressure. Political and Diplomatic pressure. AND Military pressure- move some ships, fly some planes. Send "humanitarian" aid using military hardware. Flex some AMERICAN muscle.

Nobody wants a war. But when dealing with Authoritarian thugs like Putin, you need to negotiate from strength.

Putin has weak cards. Make him play the hand....he'll fold when the betting gets heavy...he's got a short stack.

Nobody on the right is pro-Putin. It's a strawman argument by Obama apologists who are grasping at straws to apologize for Obama's foreign policy ineptitude. So pleae, shut the fuck up about it. :mad:

Obama needs to put extreme pressure on Putin: Economic pressure. Political and Diplomatic pressure. AND Military pressure- move some ships, fly some planes. Send "humanitarian" aid using military hardware. Flex some AMERICAN muscle.

Nobody wants a war. But when dealing with Authoritarian thugs like Putin, you need to negotiate from strength.

Putin has weak cards. Make him play the hand....he'll fold when the betting gets heavy...he's got a short stack.

I agree 100% with this. First we should do exactly what we did to Iran and bleed them economically. Most of the conservatives here will still whine about it.

Despite my earlier contentions that we should intervene, I would rather not. In fact, we can do far more damage to the Russians by sitting here at home. We have enough economic power to crush Russia's currency (the ruble) via sanctions. If we do that, Russia will have no choice but to pull out. Reagan did the same thing to the Soviet Union, with SDI.

Of course our gov't is working on Russia's economic isolation right now. Let the adults do their work- it's not done for the US infotainment industry.

Despite my earlier contentions that we should intervene, I would rather not. In fact, we can do far more damage to the Russians by sitting here at home. We have enough economic power to crush Russia's currency (the ruble) via sanctions. If we do that, Russia will have no choice but to pull out. Reagan did the same thing to the Soviet Union, with SDI.

Obama did the same to Iran ;) Sounds like a good idea...Unless of course they choose to attack nato...Then we will be forced to do something more.

Yet even with the military option off the table, the U.S. still has quite a few diplomatic and economic tools at its disposal….
The U.S. and its allies also must keep in mind that most, if not all, of these measures are aimed not only at Putin but at the elites around him and at the Russian public at large. Dominant though he is, Putin is not Stalin or Brezhnev. Russia is not the Soviet Union, the Iron Curtain is gone – the internet exists and public opinion matters….
[T]he risks [imposed by potential sanctions] would involve Russia’s membership in the G-8, the safety of financial and other assets of the Russian elite which are located outside of Russia, as well as the ability of the members of this elite and their families to visit, live or study in the U.S. and the EU. In addition, Moscow’s behavior could trigger new export controls, which given its dependence on Western technology, particularly in the oil and gas sector as well as in the food industry, could have a very negative impact on the Russian economy.​
Russia’s political and economic elites place great value on trade and investment relations in the West, and on their ability to travel abroad and acquire and hold assets in Western nations. Since these elites were and are complicit in the Putin regime’s human rights abuses at home and aggressive actions abroad, sanctions targeting them would not victimize innocent people, as is often the case with conventional economic sanctions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-the-crisis-in-ukraine/?tid=pm_national_pop

Last edited:

Oh, is that because the majority of cons on here advocated non-intervention, and you took that as your cue to jump on board with the rest of us? It is starting to seem as though you change positions depending on other what other conservatives believe.

Regardless, the Soviet Union was not crushed by SDI, nor Reagan, but by the incompetence of it's leaders, and a series of financially draining wars. I love almost every single one of Reagan's policies, but I'm sure you can understand that the role he purported played in the fall of the S.U wasn't as big as your talking points claim they were.

Yep. That is the 'Conservative' line. 'Conservatives', the modern day Bund. What a bunch of beautifully treasonous assholes.

You fucking hypocrite. You opposed every move by Bush when he was in office and probably declared it was "patriotic." You should be tarred and feathered.
I trust Putin to act in predictable ways. He will lie when it suits him and do whatever it takes to achieve his aims. Of course Obama does the same but somehow Putin is better at it. It's like watching a pro basketball player and a high school gym class.
What did Dubya the Draft Dodger see when he looked into Putin's eyes?

George W. Bush Saw Putin's Soul While Conservatives Said Nothing | Crooks and Liars

"According to the Federation of American Scientists, an organization that assesses nuclear weapon stockpiles, in 2013, Russia possessed an estimated 8,500 total nuclear warheads of which 1,800 were strategically operational.[2]

"The organization also claims that the U.S. had an estimated total 7,700 nuclear warheads of which 1,950 were strategically operational."

Russia and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back