Debate Now What does MAGA mean ? Specifically ?

I say the divide between voted in good government and voted in evil government goes back to the day when the Mayflower’s passengers set forth on the journey to bring their Christianity to the North American Continent in the Name of the British Empire and the Biblical God of Abraham and their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ . By 1776 that sentiment was pretty much abandoned for a modern worldview established in the writings by Thomas Paine and Adam Smith that were merged on a land mass that provided a material frontier for new ideas about individual liberty and material wealth which would be open to any common working class person or groups of persons who had ambition to take advantage of it.
"The North American Continent...By 1776 that sentiment was pretty much abandoned for a modern worldview established in the writings by Thomas Paine and Adam Smith that were merged on a land mass that provided a material frontier for new ideas about individual liberty and material wealth which would be open to any common working class person or groups of persons who had ambition to take advantage of it."

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with what I posted.

I called it a sales pitch. It claimed it was going to do certain things and it only exacerbated inflation.

And you guys (like the people you call MAGAts) swallowed hook line and sinker.

If I wanted propaganda from you, I'd ask for it. Post to respond to my post or don't bother.
It claimed it was going to do certain things -- things Republicans go home and take credit for, because it is what a long line of Presidents before Biden failed to get accomplished. And few, very few Republicans voted for that which they have been taking credit for -- even while like you, they bash the idea that became legislation.

The point I was making does not relying upon every single passenger bringing Christianity to the new world.

I wrote; …. the divide between voted in good government and voted in evil government goes back to the day when the Mayflower’s passengers set forth on the journey to bring their Christianity to the North American Continent in the Name of the British Empire and the Biblical God of Abraham and their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ . By 1776 that sentiment was pretty much abandoned”

I’m certain that was the purpose of the voyage saved the settlement that originated in the New World,

I present this as a white Christian nationalist biblical worldview, which I’ve taken from the post of Porter Rockwell:

Regarding the passengers on the mayflower who may not have been Christians were apparently used to enable the chosen 41 to make it to and survive in the “New Jerusalem”.

America founded by whites... for whites 200112 {Post•1}

The United States was founded by white Christians for the benefit of white Christians. Personally, I do not find it racist or white supremacist in its proper context. But, what I'm telling you is true. The very first governing document of the New World began with these words:​
'In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.
Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and advancements of the Christian faith..." (see the Mayflower Compact of 1620)​
About a decade later in 1630, aboard the ship the Arbella, John Winthrop gave a sermon that has been cited (in part) by all kinds of statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. I'd like to give a couple of excerpts from that sermon and put this into perspective:​
"First, in regard of the more near bond of marriage between Him and us, wherein He hath taken us to be His, after a most strict and peculiar manner, which will make Him the more jealous of our love and obedience. So He tells the people of Israel, you only have I known of all the families of the earth, therefore will I punish you for your transgressions.
...Thirdly, when God gives a special commission He looks to have it strictly observed in every article; When He gave Saul a commission to destroy Amaleck, He indented with him upon certain articles, and because he failed in one of the least, and that upon a fair pretense, it lost him the kingdom, which should have been his reward, if he had observed his commission.
...Thus stands the cause between God and us. We are entered into covenant with Him for this work. We have taken out a commission...".​
The ONLY people to have a special commission from God were the biblical Israelites. That is how the colonists viewed themselves: They were the Israelites of the Bible; the land we call America was the promised land - the New Jerusalem.​

Born and raised in New England. I've known about the Mayflower Compact.

Last edited:
The initial debates in the Congresses was not about breaking with Britain.
If you search my screen name for “Paine” you will see where I’m going that America was great when he sold Common Sense and has never looked backed despite all her faults. Being Great . Paine made the case based on individual liberty that a break from Britain was necessary.

Few armchair historians mention how religious John Adams was, and his first 'constitution in the US' -- so what?
John Adams was a Unitarian. He did not believe in original sin or anything peculiar in his day about being “saved” by the blood of Jesus on the cross.

There are letters between the second president and his son who also became president where the son kept trying to convert the old man to the blood of Christ salvation Christianity that he took up.

Trump’s MAGA Christians had they lived in John Adams time with their biblical worldview. John Adams would be considered evil saved completely consumed by the devil..

Yes my statement is true as a reference that goes back to the day when the Mayflower’s passengers set forth on the journey to bring their Christianity to the North American Continent

You tell me 41 had that intent and that intent was the will of their leader save Captain.

God used non-Christians to put New Jerusalem in place - so what? Why am I wrong And the passengers were likely all White.
"As you can see from the list above, almost half the people on-board the ship were fare paying passengers seeking a new life and not driven by religious convictions."

Last edited:
Most colonists had no idea who Adam Smith was.
They had no reason to. I make the case that at the beginning of the 19th century evangelical Christianity that we know today became highly compatible with the invisible hand, self interest, materialism, pursuit off wealth and capitalism. Not communism.

"As you can see from the list above, almost half the people on-board the ship were fare paying passengers seeking a new life and not driven by religious convictions."
That fits well with my argument if you care to follow along. It’s directed at the originator of this thread.

I’m trying to do a 50 mile bike ride today. I’ll check in now and then I find your conversation very interesting.

John Adams was a Unitarian. He did not believe in original sin or anything peculiar in his day about being “saved” by the blood of Jesus on the cross.

There are letters between the second president and his son who also became president where the son kept trying to convert the old man to the blood of Christ salvation Christianity that he took up.

Trump’s MAGA Christians had they lived in John Adams time with their biblical worldview. John Adams would be considered evil saved completely consumed by the devil..
Adams was a Congregationalist. People can and will conflate Congregationalism with Unitarianism, and with Unitarian Universalism. But in distant moments of time, the later labels do not apply. Evolution happens, but does not erase the past.

You have some -- odd narratives. But it's a free country.

That fits well with my argument if you care to follow along. It’s directed at the originator of this thread.

I’m trying to do a 50 mile bike ride today. I’ll check in now and then I find your conversation very interesting.
I don't care about the OP who started this thread. I was commenting on a post you made.

ltr

If you search my screen name for “Paine” you will see where I’m going that America was great when he sold Common Sense and has never looked backed despite all her faults. Being Great . Paine made the case based on individual liberty that a break from Britain was necessary.
Not a fan of Paine. Populist nutjob. And much history skews his contributions.

Adams was a Congregationalist.
If you read his letters with Jefferson, he did not believe in original sin and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ the Holy Trinity. So he may have attended congregational churches as higher society men were expected to do, but I’m going by what he actually believed. He was not a Christian by today’s MAGA standard.

Not a fan of Paine. Populist nutjob. And much history skews his contributions.
I am a fan the American Revolution and the separation of church state that was impressed upon our constitution.

Without Paine the American Revolution may not have been fought and won. Adams Jefferson and Madison may very well been hanged before the constitution was enabled to be written.

If you read his letters with Jefferson, he did not believe in original sin and salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ the Holy Trinity. So he may have attended congregational churches as higher society men were expected to do, but I’m going by what he actually believed. He was not a Christian by today’s MAGA standard.
MAGA gets to define who is and isn't a Christian and what sect they belong too? They have a standard? :auiqs.jpg:

read up on
Adams and Virtue.

let's move on

I am a fan the American Revolution and the separation of church state that was impressed upon our constitution.

Without Paine the American Revolution may not have been fought and won. Adams Jefferson and Madison may very well been hanged before the constitution was enabled to be written.
bird_56___cuckoo_4_cocoa_puffs_by_masterkrypton_d49chro-fullview.jpg

let's move on
no! Christianity ain’t Christianity without original sin and Jesus Christ dying on the cross for every Christians only path to salvation

Billions of people have had plenty of virtue without being a born again, Christian.

Just because you like to blow off things doesn’t mean original sin needs to be blown off.

Last edited:
It claimed it was going to do certain things -- things Republicans go home and take credit for, because it is what a long line of Presidents before Biden failed to get accomplished. And few, very few Republicans voted for that which they have been taking credit for -- even while like you, they bash the idea that became legislation.

And I care about what Republicans take credit for....why ?

It was a sales pitch. Just like the whole Shovel Ready Jobs garbage.

All Biden did was push inflation up further. And now he wants to push the bill for college kids (that don't want to pay for it even though they agreed to) onto the rest of us.

He's building something alright.

Forum List

Back