🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

You're one heck of a tap dancer.

Did they want independence for independence sake or what? What was the underlying reason?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
The point is they wanted State's rights not why they wanted it.
That's like saying well Democracy is evil because he wants Democracy simply to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Having free will of self determination is the argument. Whether they use it for good purposes or evil purposes is besides the point they still have the right to self rule.
There is always a reason.Today it's states right to define marriage.
The south wanted states rights to protect slavery and their way of life. Later they wanted states rights to keep segregation and stop the civil rights movement to protect their way of life and traditions.
Where in all of that history should black folks find those actions to be benign and just about states rights?
These are the people that love to jump up and proclaim "Democrats, Democrats, it was the Democrats that was pro slavery!" When the truth of the matter is that it was always, and still is, conservatives that fought for these regressive policies under the guise of "States Rights."

Without a doubt. If you needed proof, just look at who it is twisting themselves up in thread after thread attempting to defend the flag and the confederacy. It's certainly not liberals.
The only amazing thing about it is how much they are attempting to tap-dance away from and escape the truth behind the reason for it all. They don't like to face the truth in the mirror.

IMO it's mostly just the Cons feeling like they just need to be against the lib point of view just to give us grief. I actually enjoy making them twist trying to stay on point.There's also a deep ignorance of the history whether it's because they are just young or are too caucasian centerered to be empathetic to the concerns of black folks. Either way their rantings are there in print for the world to see. It only makes our position stronger.

That's like saying well Democracy is evil because he wants Democracy simply to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Having free will of self determination is the argument. Whether they use it for good purposes or evil purposes is besides the point they still have the right to self rule.
The south wanted states rights to protect slavery and their way of life. Later they wanted states rights to keep segregation and stop the civil rights movement to protect their way of life and traditions.
Where in all of that history should black folks find those actions to be benign and just about states rights?
These are the people that love to jump up and proclaim "Democrats, Democrats, it was the Democrats that was pro slavery!" When the truth of the matter is that it was always, and still is, conservatives that fought for these regressive policies under the guise of "States Rights."

Without a doubt. If you needed proof, just look at who it is twisting themselves up in thread after thread attempting to defend the flag and the confederacy. It's certainly not liberals.
The only amazing thing about it is how much they are attempting to tap-dance away from and escape the truth behind the reason for it all. They don't like to face the truth in the mirror.

IMO it's mostly just the Cons feeling like they just need to be against the lib point of view just to give us grief. I actually enjoy making them twist trying to stay on point.There's also a deep ignorance of the history whether it's because they are just young or are too caucasian centerered to be empathetic to the concerns of black folks. Either way their rantings are there in print for the world to see. It only makes our position stronger.
I agree.

You keep tap dancing all around it but won't say it. Let me help you.
The right to make their own laws in regard to what issue?
SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.

Even if the CBF was about defending slavery, which it was not, slavery was not a racial institution as there were hundreds of thousands of Iresh slaves that preceded black slaves, dumb ass.

What was it about professor? Tell us all about it. Tell us how the " Iresh" factored in.
The confederacy fought for what?

The Confederacy fought for INDEPENDENCE, dunce.

Did they want independence for independence sake or what? What was the underlying reason?

ROTFLMBAO @ the irony of "self rule" in the context of The Civil War. You couldn't be more right. However for all the wrong reasons.

I agree.
lol, what a joke, as if anyone had any doubts at all that two PC Nazis would not agree with each other.

'Wow, for a second there I thought two commies would contradict their party lines! But they didn't, and now all is right in the world!'

roflmao

Wasn't necessarily about any specific law. It was about the States having the right to make it's own laws.

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.

Even if the CBF was about defending slavery, which it was not, slavery was not a racial institution as there were hundreds of thousands of Iresh slaves that preceded black slaves, dumb ass.

What was it about professor? Tell us all about it. Tell us how the " Iresh" factored in.

I understand why you wouldn't like it, but the fact is that a lot of people died defending that flag. Most of these people were not slave owners.

IMO it's mostly just the Cons feeling like they just need to be against the lib point of view just to give us grief.

You know, it isn't all about you, twinkle toes. We could be disagreeing with you simply because we know that you are full of shit, like you post here illustrates.

I actually enjoy making them twist trying to stay on point.

Lol, then you woke up to realize that you are still the loser your teachers always said you would be.

There's also a deep ignorance of the history whether it's because they are just young or are too caucasian centerered to be empathetic to the concerns of black folks.

hilarious, you idiots keep confusing the CBF with the national flag of the Confederacy and yet we are the ignorant ones, roflmao

Either way their rantings are there in print for the world to see. It only makes our position stronger.

Umm, well it does show the world who is right (conservatives) and who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about (libtards again).

What is just knee slapping laughing out fucking loud funny about this whole thing is that you think YOU ARE STRENGTHENING YOUR CLAIMS!

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Wasn't necessarily about any specific law. It was about the States having the right to make it's own laws.

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.
Wasn't the only issue.
If the Feds can put the kibosh on one they can put a kibosh on all.

Please tell us about the other issues.

there were no other issues, shit-4-brains.

RaceCard_zpshijf9dvj.jpg
So you now admit that it was all about slavery, yes?

Seriously, your delusion is clinical. See a shrink. Seriously. No shit.

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.

I understand why you wouldn't like it, but the fact is that a lot of people died defending that flag. Most of these people were not slave owners.
Being personal slave owners really is irrelevant, that's what your ilk fail to understand. The fact is, they fought for the State Right to own slaves.

Being personal slave owners really is irrelevant. They all fought for the State Right to own slaves.

I think it was more because it would have meant a complete collapse of their economy. They also probably hated the north and none of us can say what these men's reasons were. Also, there are confederate flags at national historical cemeteries to honor these men. Do you suggest all the flags be removed from their graves?

Being personal slave owners really is irrelevant, that's what your ilk fail to understand. The fact is, they fought for the State Right to own slaves.

Yeah, you PC Nazis have never been too keen on individual responsibility and all that reason, evidence and guilt shit, have you?

Being personal slave owners really is irrelevant. They all fought for the State Right to own slaves.

I think it was more because it would have meant a complete collapse of their economy. They also probably hated the north and none of us can say what these men's reasons were. Also, there are confederate flags at national historical cemeteries to honor these men. Do you suggest all the flags be removed from their graves?
Graves are personal. Don't push it in my face on government property in civilized areas.

Yeah, you PC Nazis have never been too keen on individual responsibility and all that reason, evidence and guilt shit, have you?
Speak English.

I think it was more because it would have meant a complete collapse of their economy.

While that had a 'supporting cause' role in the thinking of some, like the Plantation class, you are not thinking like the typical Southerner for whom honor meant that they could not work for a wage, but had to be an independent farmer, or couldn't accept a commission of hundreds of thousands of dollars for endorsing an insurance company hoping to expand into the South after the Civil War, like Robert E Lee turned down, who felt that making profits from speculation in stocks was a sin because it was not earned witht he sweat of the earner, directly or indirectly through subordinate employees. These were men who would die to protect the honor of their wives, not just from rape or killing or maiming them, but even from mere insults. Men who would fight four hard years of marching from border to border, battle to battle in bare feet rather than give up or desert.

I think it is virtually impossible for people today raised on neoMarxist assumptions about what motivates people to get a grasp on what motivated these men.

But still, I think it is safe to say that protecting their families, home towns and states from the depredations of men like Sherman, Sheridan and Grant was far stronger motivation than what the Souths GDP would look like afterwards.

Graves are personal. Don't push it in my face on government property in civilized areas.

The Confederate cemeteries are publicly owned and maintained and thus the flags and monuments are on public property, and you know it, you lying fascist.

Speak English.

The inability to read on your part, does not constitute an inability to write in English on my part, Nazi

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.

But yet defended slavery nonetheless.
The vast majority of German soldiers were not Nazis either.

Yes a collapse of their economy that was based almost entirely on slave labor. You can dance around the edges all you want but it all is still about slavery.
I have no problem with flags at memorials. That's where they belong. Just not on the statehouse.

?

Lol, it is like a foreign language to you, to speak of individual responsibility. You cant even ask for clarification, roflmao

You will NEVER get a neo-con to take responsibility for the evil they do.

Forum List

Back