🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

It really doesn't matter how white folks feel about the flag. It was never used to keep them in slavery, keep them in line during Jim Crow or as a tool to terrify them. If it could be construed to be a symbol of bigotry and racism it would really only matter to those who it was meant to target in the first place.
If black folks see it as a symbol of racism, then it is, as they are the intended target.

CNN poll shows majority views Rebel flag as symbol of Southern heritage Political Insider blog

The poll shows that 57% of Americans see the flag more as a symbol of Southern pride than as a symbol of racism, about the same as in 2000 when 59% said they viewed it as a symbol of pride. Opinions of the flag are sharply divided by race, and among whites, views are split by education.

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader. While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern African-Americans, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism.

Among whites, there’s a sharp divide by education, and those with more formal education are less apt to see the flag as a symbol of pride. Among whites with a college degree, 51% say it’s a symbol of pride, 41% one of racism. Among those whites who do not have a college degree, 73% say it’s a sign of Southern pride, 18% racism.

I've got no problems with the flag. Of course it doesn't stand for racism and slavery to most people in the south but it stands for their heritage and history.
What heritage and history? What was the context of it coming into existence in the first place?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Broken Record - States Rights.
States rights is the slogan, not the context. Try again. What was the context of that flag coming into existence in the first place?

I've got no problems with the flag. Of course it doesn't stand for racism and slavery to most people in the south but it stands for their heritage and history.
What heritage and history? What was the context of it coming into existence in the first place?

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.
To make their own laws even when the National government disagrees like pot smoking and gun permitting.

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.
To make their own laws even when the National government disagrees like pot smoking and gun permitting.

A rather transparent deflection. We all know what states rights are.

Laws about what in around 1860?

Do you think southern culture includes ONLY slavery? No! Southern culture is made up of all kinds of things, food, music, the way they say "crick" instead of "creek", etc. :p

The flag. We are talking about the flag . Not cornbread and grits.

But your flag stands for all of those things. Everything that makes up your culture, country, or whatever your flag stands for. I am telling you that for most southern people, the flag represents a lot of things about their history and culture.

My flag? What are you talking about?
The stars and stripes fought against slavery.
Your argument is like Germans flying the swastika and saying yeah the Nazis were bad but the flag represents the brave German soldiers who fought and died and our proud history of fine beer and sausage.
It make no sense whatsoever.

The Nazi flag stood for the Nazis and their race purity schemes. That is not the case with the southern flag. It is a symbol of "southern pride" not "white pride" to most southerners that I have spoken to. Symbols stand for what the person interpreting it decides. Your opinion on what it stands for is NOT universal.
Neo-Nazis often fly the Swastika and the Confederate Flag together. They mean the same to them, racial purity.

So you are appealing to these idiots as an authority? You think these dip shits can redefine a symbol that is dyed with the blood of hundreds of thousands of heros?

You are an idiot.

I've traveled throughout the Southern states and the director of Deliverance had it spot on.

Typical hillbillys. This is the kind of person that fights and dies for the right to buy and sell other human beings.

Ya real heros. Much of the South is populated with this sort of ilk.

They demand recognition? Piss on them and their flag.

The gay boys you met in gas station restrooms are not typical of all Southerners, dumbass.

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.

Wasn't necessarily about any specific law. It was about the States having the right to make it's own laws.

I've traveled throughout the Southern states and the director of Deliverance had it spot on.

Typical hillbillys. This is the kind of person that fights and dies for the right to buy and sell other human beings.

The gay boys you met in gas station restrooms are not typical of all Southerners, dumbass.

Did you get lucky in those gas station rest rooms?

States rights is the slogan, not the context. Try again. What was the context of that flag coming into existence in the first place?

What was the reason for the Confederate Battle Flag?
How to distinguish Southern troops under the confederate flag from Union troops under the union flag. So they designed a battle field signal flag that looked very different from the union banner.

Yeah, I know you will just blow it off as irrelevant like a good ole ideologically blinded fascist, but there it is anyway.

This is a common mistake you gaytards keep making; not everyone tries to get 'lucky' with fags in restrooms, dumbfuck.

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

Lesson time:

The first Confederate Flag ( 1861 to 1863 )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%28March_1861_%E2%80%93_May_1861%29.svg.png

Second Confederate Flag ( 1863 to 1865 )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863-1865%29.svg.png

The Third Confederate Flag ( 1865 until the end of the war )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281865%29.svg.png

This Flag:

220px-Battle_flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America.svg.png

Was Robert E. Lee Battle Flag and was incorporated in the Confederate Flag after they ditched the first one but was not the sole Flag of the Confederate States.

So what does that Flag mean to me?

Simple, too many people confuse it as the Confederate Flag and are too stupid to study the flag and learn it damn history...

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a common mistake you gaytards keep making; not everyone tries to get 'lucky' with fags in restrooms, dumbfuck.

You seem to know a lot about it.

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.

Wasn't necessarily about any specific law. It was about the States having the right to make it's own laws.

You keep tap dancing all around it but won't say it. Let me help you.
The right to make their own laws in regard to what issue?
SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

Lesson time:

The first Confederate Flag ( 1861 to 1863 )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%28March_1861_%E2%80%93_May_1861%29.svg.png

Second Confederate Flag ( 1863 to 1865 )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863-1865%29.svg.png

The Third Confederate Flag ( 1865 until the end of the war )

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281865%29.svg.png

This Flag:

220px-Battle_flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America.svg.png

Was Robert E. Lee Battle Flag and was incorporated in the Confederate Flag after they ditched the first one but was not the sole Flag of the Confederate States.

So what does that Flag mean to me?

Simple, too many people confuse it as the Confederate Flag and are too stupid to study the flag and learn it damn history...

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Every one of them flew in defense of slavery
period.

I did notice a discernible wider stance in the south.

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.
Wasn't the only issue.
If the Feds can put the kibosh on one they can put a kibosh on all.

States rights for what?
Boy you are a dumb ass.

SLAVERY.
That wasn't hard.
Wasn't the only issue.
If the Feds can put the kibosh on one they can put a kibosh on all.

Please tell us about the other issues.

Only what I hear from queers like you.

Forum List

Back