🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

The confederate rag is pussy shit. If you fly a confederate rag, you're a gigantic pussy.
Wanna bet this chicken shit liberal wouldn't say that to a good ole boy's face without about 20 cops backing him up? LOL
Simma down ya uppity cracka
Told ya so. Nothing but a self hating white moron who needs cops with guns to back him up....sad it really is....
Chill lil' honky go suckle your binky :bye1:

The confederate rag is pussy shit. If you fly a confederate rag, you're a gigantic pussy.
Wanna bet this chicken shit liberal wouldn't say that to a good ole boy's face without about 20 cops backing him up? LOL
Simma down ya uppity cracka
Told ya so. Nothing but a self hating white moron who needs cops with guns to back him up....sad it really is....
I am entirely against slavery. The problem is that the Confederate flag also represented States Rights. I feel that the punishment for slavery was the loss of States Rights. The reality is that most of the problems we face today are the direct result of a Federal Government running amuck over the rights of the individual States, which means a loss of person freedom to the citizens. The Government has set itself up as Lord and Master, with the President as "Father", and the Supreme Court as the high priests of Political Correctness.

The government has taken over control of social reform, education, and healthcare.

The germane racist section is from an editorial written by Mr.Thompson of the Savannah Morning News. It is his view, and is not supported by the earlier debates about the flag described in the book.

Mr. Thompson created the flag!

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Did you even bother to look at the flag he helped design?

2015-06-29_19-18-19.jpg
'

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Confederate Flag used today is the battle flag used by Northern Virgina under General Lee. It's a military flag, not a national one.

Do you think southern culture includes ONLY slavery? No! Southern culture is made up of all kinds of things, food, music, the way they say "crick" instead of "creek", etc. [emoji14]

The flag. We are talking about the flag . Not cornbread and grits.

But your flag stands for all of those things. Everything that makes up your culture, country, or whatever your flag stands for. I am telling you that for most southern people, the flag represents a lot of things about their history and culture.

My flag? What are you talking about?
The stars and stripes fought against slavery.
Your argument is like Germans flying the swastika and saying yeah the Nazis were bad but the flag represents the brave German soldiers who fought and died and our proud history of fine beer and sausage.
It make no sense whatsoever.

Nonsense. The Confederates were protecting their home region and way of life. However much we may disagree with their viewpoint, they were not the equivalent of expansionist Nazis. States of the South were peers of the North, and had differing views of the economy and the role slavery should play. Many Southerners paid a huge price as the country quite rightly abolished slavery and amended The Constitution. Given that price and subsequent reforms, one would hope we could now appreciate the past being the past instead of using said past to foment Racial Strife (ala the Prog agenda).

Here’s the Racist Meaning Of the Confederate Flag, In the Words of the Man Who Designed It

The following is Thompson quoted in an excerpt from the book Our Flag by George Preble:

qspq412weu1h5tf6zu6aumwxcb0jfrcwkioo2lpyzyrxqiwiuaddukgddhrsj7mv.jpg

Source: George Preble/Our Flag
If that isn't clear enough for you, Thompson then wrote that this new flag would "be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN'S FLAG" (sic):

p7t9d1qym1x3bcgzeuom4bsxi3x9dpfjpk3ixoqxxrpgkxw0tpwputz7h1ywggoa.jpg

Here s the Racist Meaning Of the Confederate Flag In the Words of the Man Who Designed It - Mic

Now if you still believe it is open to interpretation and still just a symbol of southern heritage, then you are daft.
Very informative brother.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I am entirely against slavery. The problem is that the Confederate flag also represented States Rights. I feel that the punishment for slavery was the loss of States Rights. The reality is that most of the problems we face today are the direct result of a Federal Government running amuck over the rights of the individual States, which means a loss of person freedom to the citizens. The Government has set itself up as Lord and Master, with the President as "Father", and the Supreme Court as the high priests of Political Correctness.

The government has taken over control of social reform, education, and healthcare.
And now it is our (the States) job to take it all back again.

Now if you still believe it is open to interpretation and still just a symbol of southern heritage, then you are daft.

The problem isn't a belief that the flag is ONLY a symbol of southern heritage, it is the selfishness on the part of the flag removers, in how they DEMAND that the flag MUST come down, with no willingness to even debate the subject and listen to the other side.

I can take the flag or leave it, but I don't like having orders thrown at me. For just that reason, I'd keep the flag where it is, even though I kind of lean toward removing it to a more suitable location.

Before all this faux outrage from the left, it meant very little. I guess I saw it as a flag of the old south.

Now I see it as a way to make liberals soil their panties. I just might have to get one.

No. In 2000 this issue was revisited in SC. It was still a non starter for Repubs but a compromise was reached. The compromise was the removal of the flag atop the statehouse to a position on the front lawn of the statehouse colocated with a confederate memorial. In return there was a memorial to African Americans placed in the back of the statehouse. Some things never change.
Still a big FU to black folks and still a quite clear message of who was still in charge.

You are confused. Read the OP again and then my answer.

You seem to be confused. You called it " faux outrage" and said " it meant very little".
I pointed out why you were wrong. BTW, it is conservatives who are removing flags not liberals.

You didn't read it did you? If you did, you certainly have difficulty with reading comprehension.

I said it meant very little, and it should be very obvious, if you understand the OP, the title of the thread and my response that it meant very little TO ME. I cannot be wrong about what it meant TO ME. Get it yet? Because if you still don't understand then I cannot help you.

What does it mean to you now that you know more about it?

Exactly the same.

The germane racist section is from an editorial written by Mr.Thompson of the Savannah Morning News. It is his view, and is not supported by the earlier debates about the flag described in the book.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Did you even bother to look at the flag he helped design?

View attachment 43486 '

The Confederate Flag used today is the battle flag used by Northern Virgina under General Lee. It's a military flag, not a national one.

No shit. You're about a week late with that.
It was incorporated very nicely into the new battle flag don't you think?
It doesn't matter what flag flew where or why. The all flew in defense of slavery and the belief that whites are superior to blacks.
There is nothing else.

The problem isn't a belief that the flag is ONLY a symbol of southern heritage, it is the selfishness on the part of the flag removers, in how they DEMAND that the flag MUST come down, with no willingness to even debate the subject and listen to the other side.

I can take the flag or leave it, but I don't like having orders thrown at me. For just that reason, I'd keep the flag where it is, even though I kind of lean toward removing it to a more suitable location.

You are free to purchase and use that flag in any way you would like. It does not need to be displayed on public property in any way.
The Statehouse is established to represent the people. All people. That flag in no way represents black folks. Certainly not in the past and not now. There is no reason for it other than to agitate those who don't agree with it.

View attachment 43486 '

It doesn't matter what flag flew where or why. The all flew in defense of slavery and the belief that whites are superior to blacks.
There is nothing else.

Your reading comprehension isn't very well developed. The "white supremacy" refers to the field of white in the Thompson flag. That field doesn't exist in the battle flag.

View attachment 43486 '

There is nothing else.

Your reading comprehension isn't very well developed. The "white supremacy" refers to the field of white in the Thompson flag. That field doesn't exist in the battle flag.

Keep twisting it around to find loopholes.
Your defense of slavery is noted.
The entirety of the CW was about slavery. The confederates fought to defend it. They were willing to kill 600,000 Americans to defend it. There is no getting around that.

View attachment 43486 '

There is nothing else.

The entirety of the CW was about slavery. The confederates fought to defend it. They were willing to kill 600,000 Americans to defend it. There is no getting around that.

You are quite the simpleton. The entirety of the Civil War wasn't about slavery. It was about the economy, culture, and political autonomy.

Lincoln didn't even abolish slavery in Northern States - he emancipated slaves in Rebellion States.

View attachment 43486 '

There is nothing else.

You are quite the simpleton. The entirety of the Civil War wasn't about slavery. It was about the economy, culture, and political autonomy.

Lincoln didn't even abolish slavery in Northern States - he emancipated slaves in Rebellion States.

Who said anything about Lincoln?
The entirety of the war was fought over slavery. What is hard to understand about that? The Union fought against slavery while the confederates fought to retain slavery. Any political or economic causes stemmed from slavery. If you don't believe me, read the declared reasons why the confederate states seceeded. I already posted this on this thread but apparently you didn't read it. It was entirely about slavery.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

View attachment 43486 '

There is nothing else.

The entirety of the war was fought over slavery. What is hard to understand about that? The Union fought against slavery while the confederates fought to retain slavery. Any political or economic causes stemmed from slavery. If you don't believe me, read the declared reasons why the confederate states seceeded. I already posted this on this thread but apparently you didn't read it. It was entirely about slavery.

You clearly didn't read the whole thing. Slavery was not the entire reason; there are multiple grievances. Notable is the Federalist view of the North vs. the desire of autonomy by the South.

It's also quite a tell that the Emancipation Proclamation was aimed at ONLY the Rebellion States.

But continue in your simple worldview; it clearly stretches your capacity.

There is nothing else.

You clearly didn't read the whole thing. Slavery was not the entire reason; there are multiple grievances. Notable is the Federalist view of the North vs. the desire of autonomy by the South.

It's also quite a tell that the Emancipation Proclamation was aimed at ONLY the Rebellion States.

But continue in your simple worldview; it clearly stretches your capacity.

Why did the south desire autonomy?

Having walked the fields at Gettysburg, the answer to the question is meaningless death.
I walked the field at Gettysburg with my two sons, days after we walked the Vietnam Wall on the mall where I experienced strong emotions pointing out the names of guys I knew.

At Gettysburg I gazed at the many small grave stones, knowing that someone's son lost his life where I stood that day with mine. Meaningless maybe too strong, but surely, too soon; and the culpable sat then and now in the chairs of power in The Capitol and the Oval Office.

Forum List

Back