🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

No. In 2000 this issue was revisited in SC. It was still a non starter for Repubs but a compromise was reached. The compromise was the removal of the flag atop the statehouse to a position on the front lawn of the statehouse colocated with a confederate memorial. In return there was a memorial to African Americans placed in the back of the statehouse. Some things never change.
Still a big FU to black folks and still a quite clear message of who was still in charge.

You are confused. Read the OP again and then my answer.

You seem to be confused. You called it " faux outrage" and said " it meant very little".
I pointed out why you were wrong. BTW, it is conservatives who are removing flags not liberals.

You didn't read it did you? If you did, you certainly have difficulty with reading comprehension.

I said it meant very little, and it should be very obvious, if you understand the OP, the title of the thread and my response that it meant very little TO ME. I cannot be wrong about what it meant TO ME. Get it yet? Because if you still don't understand then I cannot help you.

What does it mean to you now that you know more about it?

Exactly the same.
AKA, it doesn't matter WHAT the facts are, I'm gonna believe whatever the heck I wanna believe!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The germane racist section is from an editorial written by Mr.Thompson of the Savannah Morning News. It is his view, and is not supported by the earlier debates about the flag described in the book.

Mr. Thompson created the flag!

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Did you even bother to look at the flag he helped design?

View attachment 43486 '

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Confederate Flag used today is the battle flag used by Northern Virgina under General Lee. It's a military flag, not a national one.

No shit. You're about a week late with that.
It was incorporated very nicely into the new battle flag don't you think?
It doesn't matter what flag flew where or why. The all flew in defense of slavery and the belief that whites are superior to blacks.
There is nothing else.

Your reading comprehension isn't very well developed. The "white supremacy" refers to the field of white in the Thompson flag. That field doesn't exist in the battle flag.

Keep twisting it around to find loopholes.
Your defense of slavery is noted.
The entirety of the CW was about slavery. The confederates fought to defend it. They were willing to kill 600,000 Americans to defend it. There is no getting around that.
Exactly, none whatsoever.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Did you even bother to look at the flag he helped design?

View attachment 43486 '

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Confederate Flag used today is the battle flag used by Northern Virgina under General Lee. It's a military flag, not a national one.

No shit. You're about a week late with that.
It was incorporated very nicely into the new battle flag don't you think?
It doesn't matter what flag flew where or why. The all flew in defense of slavery and the belief that whites are superior to blacks.
There is nothing else.

Your reading comprehension isn't very well developed. The "white supremacy" refers to the field of white in the Thompson flag. That field doesn't exist in the battle flag.

Keep twisting it around to find loopholes.
Your defense of slavery is noted.
The entirety of the CW was about slavery. The confederates fought to defend it. They were willing to kill 600,000 Americans to defend it. There is no getting around that.

You are quite the simpleton. The entirety of the Civil War wasn't about slavery. It was about the economy, culture, and political autonomy.

Lincoln didn't even abolish slavery in Northern States - he emancipated slaves in Rebellion States.

Who said anything about Lincoln?
The entirety of the war was fought over slavery. What is hard to understand about that? The Union fought against slavery while the confederates fought to retain slavery. Any political or economic causes stemmed from slavery. If you don't believe me, read the declared reasons why the confederate states seceeded. I already posted this on this thread but apparently you didn't read it. It was entirely about slavery.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States
Period. End of story.

You are confused. Read the OP again and then my answer.

You seem to be confused. You called it " faux outrage" and said " it meant very little".
I pointed out why you were wrong. BTW, it is conservatives who are removing flags not liberals.

You didn't read it did you? If you did, you certainly have difficulty with reading comprehension.

I said it meant very little, and it should be very obvious, if you understand the OP, the title of the thread and my response that it meant very little TO ME. I cannot be wrong about what it meant TO ME. Get it yet? Because if you still don't understand then I cannot help you.

Exactly the same.
AKA, it doesn't matter WHAT the facts are, I'm gonna believe whatever the heck I wanna believe!

No you racist idiot. The thread asks me what I think. That is what I think. Are you going to tell me that the facts say I don't really think that?

You get dumber and dumber as time goes on.

Exactly the same.

No you racist idiot. The thread asks me what I think. That is what I think. Are you going to tell me that the facts say I don't really think that?

AKA, the FACT is, I'm gonna think whatever I wanna think, no matter what!

Exactly the same.

AKA, the FACT is, I'm gonna think whatever I wanna think, no matter what!

Here's another fact for you:

You are a moron.

Anyone who went to an Ole Miss football game in the 50s knew the meaning of the HUGE confederate flag that nearly covered the football field. This was when Ole Miss had no black students.

It must be innocuous then if it's not the history I pointed to, right? You didn't seem to think the history was a problem.

Do you think southern culture includes ONLY slavery? No! Southern culture is made up of all kinds of things, food, music, the way they say "crick" instead of "creek", etc. :p

The flag. We are talking about the flag . Not cornbread and grits.

But your flag stands for all of those things. Everything that makes up your culture, country, or whatever your flag stands for. I am telling you that for most southern people, the flag represents a lot of things about their history and culture.

My flag? What are you talking about?
The stars and stripes fought against slavery.
Your argument is like Germans flying the swastika and saying yeah the Nazis were bad but the flag represents the brave German soldiers who fought and died and our proud history of fine beer and sausage.
It make no sense whatsoever.

The Nazi flag stood for the Nazis and their race purity schemes. That is not the case with the southern flag. It is a symbol of "southern pride" not "white pride" to most southerners that I have spoken to. Symbols stand for what the person interpreting it decides. Your opinion on what it stands for is NOT universal.
Neo-Nazis often fly the Swastika and the Confederate Flag together. They mean the same to them, racial purity.

Do you think southern culture includes ONLY slavery? No! Southern culture is made up of all kinds of things, food, music, the way they say "crick" instead of "creek", etc. :p

But your flag stands for all of those things. Everything that makes up your culture, country, or whatever your flag stands for. I am telling you that for most southern people, the flag represents a lot of things about their history and culture.

Your argument is like Germans flying the swastika and saying yeah the Nazis were bad but the flag represents the brave German soldiers who fought and died and our proud history of fine beer and sausage.

The Nazi flag stood for the Nazis and their race purity schemes. That is not the case with the southern flag. It is a symbol of "southern pride" not "white pride" to most southerners that I have spoken to. Symbols stand for what the person interpreting it decides. Your opinion on what it stands for is NOT universal.
Neo-Nazis often fly the Swastika and the Confederate Flag together. They mean the same to them, racial purity.

I'm sure I've seen them fly the American flag too. Because one group of people look at the flag and interpret it's meaning in one way, doesn't mean everyone feels the same. Maybe I'm naive, but I am of the opinion that true racists are rare, relatively speaking, in today's society.

I'm sure I've seen them fly the American flag too. Because one group of people look at the flag and interpret it's meaning in one way, doesn't mean everyone feels the same. Maybe I'm naive, but I am of the opinion that true racists are rare, relatively speaking, in today's society.
Far Right Groups in Europe often fly the Confederate Flag because in some countries the Swastika is outlawed.

Far Right Groups in Europe often fly the Confederate Flag because in some countries the Swastika is outlawed.

Link?

Yeah, you're truly naive.

I've got no problems with the flag. Of course it doesn't stand for racism and slavery to most people in the south but it stands for their heritage and history.
What heritage and history? What was the context of it coming into existence in the first place?

Anyone remember when the democrat governor of Alabama blocked the entrance to the University to prevent negroes from attending? I do.
Yep , he was another self-proclaimed Conservative from the dirty south.

Link?
Outside the soccer stadium, European extremist political groups have been known to fly the Confederate flag, too. European skinheads and neo-Nazis have sometimes adopted the Confederate flag, especially in Germany, where the swastika and other symbols of Nazi Germany are officially banned by law. Many Europeans see the flag as a de facto sign of far-right political leanings:A Confederate flag that was spotted in a photograph of a French police station last year caused a minor scandal.
Why do Italian soccer fans and other foreigners fly the Confederate flag - The Washington Post

Link?
Outside the soccer stadium, European extremist political groups have been known to fly the Confederate flag, too. European skinheads and neo-Nazis have sometimes adopted the Confederate flag, especially in Germany, where the swastika and other symbols of Nazi Germany are officially banned by law. Many Europeans see the flag as a de facto sign of far-right political leanings:A Confederate flag that was spotted in a photograph of a French police station last year caused a minor scandal.
Why do Italian soccer fans and other foreigners fly the Confederate flag - The Washington Post

Okay, fair enough, but that doesn't mean that is what it means to everyone who flies the flag.

I've traveled throughout the Southern states and the director of Deliverance had it spot on.

Typical hillbillys. This is the kind of person that fights and dies for the right to buy and sell other human beings.

Ya real heros. Much of the South is populated with this sort of ilk.

They demand recognition? Piss on them and their flag.

Forum List

Back