🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

It did not represent slavery. It represented people with a cause.

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.
Slavery wasn't the reason the civil war was fought,it was part,but a small one.

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

It was listed as one cause among many.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

If so then you are a drooling idiot.

Please look at the post above, and see what Alexander Stephens had to say on the matter. It is evident that it was more than just one of many reasons.

'More than just one of many reasons' is quite the ambiguous phrase. And why does Mr Stephens opinion count for more than the opinions of others who disagree with him? Did he fight in the war? Oh, no, looky here, he was a rich man who served as VP during the war.

Farming men, the majority of Southern soldiers by quite a bit, don't fight through the horrors of war to enable rich fucks to own slaves that drive him into the ground with zero labor costs.

You have bought into some pretty stupid shit and you would realize it if you would just stop and think about it.

But I wont hold my breath.

Is removal of the flag going to finally end that history?
I don't think so, imo too many of the South will not be able to accept the black man is not naturally inferior for quite a few decades.

Removing the flag will help start the process as it may then be possible to state what the flag actually stood for and understand the nonsense of the concept.

It did not represent slavery. It represented people with a cause.
And yet that cause was to retain slavery. Circular logic leads nowhere.

No circular logic. Your assertion that the men fought under the CBF for the right of rich men to own slaves and drive them all into the poor house is absurd on its face.
They fought for 'state's rights'? And what rights did those states assert? The right to see one race as wholly inferior and retain that race as slave labor.

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

Please look at the post above, and see what Alexander Stephens had to say on the matter. It is evident that it was more than just one of many reasons.

'More than just one of many reasons' is quite the ambiguous phrase. And why does Mr Stephens opinion count for more than the opinions of others who disagree with him? Did he fight in the war? Oh, no, looky here, he was a rich man who served as VP during the war.

Farming men, the majority of Southern soldiers by quite a bit, don't fight through the horrors of war to enable rich fucks to own slaves that drive him into the ground with zero labor costs.

You have bought into some pretty stupid shit and you would realize it if you would just stop and think about it.

I think the man who was elected to the Confederate Congress and served as Vice President of the Confederacy would be a pretty solid authority of why those states seceded.

But if you have evidence to the contrary, other than your claim that most southerners wouldn't "...fight through the horrors of war to enable rich fucks to own slaves..." feel free to post it.

The average man may not have had a choice. If you didn't fight you were hung. Those rules were not made by popular vote, but by the people in charge.

Oh, yeah, out of all these four reasons, racism just had to be the one sole thing that drove every Southern farm boy to fight and risk getting maimed or killed, to keep the black man down. /sarc

Can you hear how stupid your claim is?

No, I didn't think so, but the rest of us can, shit-for-brains.
It is the reason quoted by the states. I can tell that's hard for you to understand, but maybe in a few decades you'll be able to accept your history.

The entire economy of the South was based on slavery. The idea that non-slave owning whites had nothing at stake in slavery is utterly false, and the idea that slave ownership was restricted to the wealthy is also false.

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

To me personally it's merely an historic symbol, for others it may represent something entirely different. Were the Confederate flag to only be used as a symbol commemorating significant historic events, there wouldn't be any real issue. But unfortunately it's a symbol that has also served, in more recent times, as a rallying point for racist extremism. I personally believe that the people who seek to exploit the Confederate flag, in a modern context, dishonor the men who fought and died for the Confederacy.

No circular logic. Your assertion that the men fought under the CBF for the right of rich men to own slaves and drive them all into the poor house is absurd on its face.
Yet you have the Vice President unequivocally stating the right to own slaves and their natural inferiority is the basis of the new government.

I can't see how you find any ambiguity in his statement.

The entire economy of the South was based on slavery. The idea that non-slave owning whites had nothing at stake in slavery is utterly false, and the idea that slave ownership was restricted to the wealthy is also false.

The idea that the majority of white people in the south supported slavery is also false.

I personally believe that the people who seek to exploit the Confederate flag, in a modern context, dishonor the men who fought and died for the Confederacy.
People who fought to assert the natural inferiority of the black man should be remembered.

The idea that the majority of white people in the south supported slavery is also false.

Do you have any evidence that the majority of the people in the south were opposed to slavery?

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

Assuming you know which flag you are speaking of, it means treason and secession.

True. I wonder how much industries in northern states profited from southern slavery? You could say the people of the north were indirect slave owners.

Do you have any evidence that the majority of the people in the south were opposed to slavery?

Abolitionist movement.

Abolitionist movement.

And the abolitionist movement involved the majority of southerners?????

Forum List

Back