🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

Yes, for some flag symbolized mere racism
Absolutely, the foundation of the Confederacy.

Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.

Wiki

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

The flag is a part of history. Period. To bad all the racebaiters on this board see it as anything but.

The history of the natural inferiority of the black man.

Is removal of the flag going to finally end that history?

In my opinion, a flag that flies on state grounds is being shown respect and honor. Whether people want to fly the confederate battle flag or not is up to them. But to put the flag of a foreign gov't, especially one that only existed in a war with the USA, above state grounds is ridiculous.

For white supremacists, it's code for belonging to the cause of white power.

At it's best it's similar to the "Don't Tread on Me" flag... resistance to tyranny and Federal over-reach. Self rule.

The Dukes of Hazard was a comedy, but the recurring theme of the show was the power struggle between some folks who believed in self-rule versus Boss Hog and the law who wanted to impose driving regulations and confiscate moonshine.

In my opinion, a flag that flies on state grounds is being shown respect and honor. Whether people want to fly the confederate battle flag or not is up to them. But to put the flag of a foreign gov't, especially one that only existed in a war with the USA, above state grounds is ridiculous.

So is flag removal going to fix the history or not?

History cannot be "fixed". What happened will not be changed.

History cannot be "fixed". What happened will not be changed.

Well, I know that history cant be changed, but I asked the question because of what CNM said.

So again, is removal of the flag going to put history where is belong, in history, or not?

It did not represent slavery. It represented people with a cause.

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.
Slavery wasn't the reason the civil war was fought,it was part,but a small one.

Not according to the states that seceded.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

search for slave: 83 matches
search for tax: 1 match
search for tariff: 0 matches

Any other fake causes you can think of other than taxes or tariffs?

The cause being to form a nation founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites.

Lets see what are the possible things that motivated people to serve int he Confederate armies?

1. racial superiority, keeping the black man down

2. a perception that Lincolns election with not even one southern state win proved the current union to be an unworkable arrangement for Southern any more and so they had to leave to protect their own interests.

3. to protect their homes from the ravages of Yankee invading hordes.

4. were drafted and had to fight or go to jail.

Oh, yeah, out of all these four reasons, racism just had to be the one sole thing that drove every Southern farm boy to fight and risk getting maimed or killed, to keep the black man down. /sarc

Can you hear how stupid your claim is?

No, I didn't think so, but the rest of us can, shit-for-brains.

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

It was listed as one cause among many.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

If so then you are a drooling idiot.

Here are some points from Alexander Stephens' cornerstone speech.

" The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution."

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

Seems pretty evident what he was saying.

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

It was listed as one cause among many.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

If so then you are a drooling idiot.

Please look at the post above, and see what Alexander Stephens had to say on the matter. It is evident that it was more than just one of many reasons.

I personally am not, I repeat am not offended by a southern piece of cloth that represent ignorance, stupidity, trashy rednecks and southern pride of losing a fuckin war cause white people didn't want to pick cotton for themselves. If I had my way, all of the south would cut from the US and sent drifting in the Ocean to Hell!! I'm sick of southern states that suck the life out of federal welfare coffers whining about shit!!

Statistical lies
and how was that word 'slave' searched for? Did it include occurrences that were part of the phrase 'slave-holding' which is a euphemism for the South, or
'non-slave-holding' a euphemism for the north?
Did the count include references to African slavery? the slave trade outside of the South?

Your bullshit is so weak it reeks of bile and stupidity.

Statistical lies
and how was that word 'slave' searched for? Did it include occurrences that were part of the phrase 'slave-holding' which is a euphemism for the South, or
'non-slave-holding' a euphemism for the north?
Did the count include references to African slavery? the slave trade outside of the South?

Your bullshit is so weak it reeks of bile and stupidity.

He searched for Democrat slave owners. ;)

Forum List

Back