🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ?

What Does the Confederate Flag Mean To You ? To me, it means a few things.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

The majority of white southerners didn't own slaves. But stay stuck on stupid.
But the majority of White Southerners decided, with sound mind and body, to commit treason against their country.

Southerners didn't think the government had the right to tell them how to live, and most still don't. Unlike morons like you that need to be told what to think, us southerners like doing for ourselves.

It's a symbolic victory for superficial dilettantes, they can congratulate themselves while avoiding dealing directly with the causes and problems of racism in this country.
Actually having racism addressed in the US is a major event from my observation. Usually there's the bromide that there's no racism any more, a la Bill O'Leilly.

People who don't bother to know any history are prone to over generalize and stereotype. Slave ownership varied greatly from state to state, so the motivations of individuals are hard to characterize . Here's how it breaks down.
1860 Census Results

And not all the South wanted to leave the Union either. If you look at a county map of the Souths votes for secession you see many large areas that did not want to leave the Union and voted no. And yet they all contributed troops to fight the northern invasion.

So that must prove it was all about slavery...in a pig's eye.
That's how West Virginia was born. If other Confederate states had based secession on county referendums the way Virginia did, there would have been many new states. Tennessee would have split for sure.

This map shows the splits on a county by county basis.

Individual Elections

The Constitutional Union Party had huge support in the middle states as did the Democrats. The Southern Democrats were for secession and the Republican Party for preserving the union.

The left has done their job of taking a tragedy committed by an insane person and using it for political purposes. Shameful.
It's a symbolic victory for superficial dilettantes, they can congratulate themselves while avoiding dealing directly with the causes and problems of racism in this country.
Along with ignoring the problem of gun violence in the democrat plantations in Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Memphis, Los Angeles, etc.

Actually having racism addressed in the US is a major event from my observation. Usually there's the bromide that there's no racism any more, a la Bill O'Leilly.
The problem I see is race hustling, not racism.

Bill is gullible. He cant understand why libtards like you need to keep the flame of racism alive.

Racism isn't as rampant as the liberal media makes it out to be. I'm sure Bill would acknowledge that there are some Americans that are indeed racist.

That's the current leftist propaganda parrot explanation.
Amusing that a couple of the architects of the Southern Strategy apologised for it. Wasn't it nice of them to take the blame for the Democratic party?

Who apologized and what specifically did they apologize for? Lee Atwater apologizedfor being a rude obnoxious ass, not for being a racist, which I see no evidence of.

Oh I see, so we're just sort of addressing historic problems obliquely. Maybe if we simply bury history and forget all about it, those problems will eventually go away.

1. The flag of the nation that was the 11 states of the south during the civil war, and yes, it did represent slavery. And no, that's not a good thing. Of course not.

2. It represents a tribute and honoring of the Million + men who fought for the South with courage and heroism, regardless of the cause. Same as I say I honor the troops who fought in Vietnam, even though I totally disagreed with the politics of it.

3. It represents the cultural heritage of at least 11 states of the USA, and about 90 Million people living in those states.

4. It represents yet another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using, to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while these control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.

But the majority of White Southerners decided, with sound mind and body, to commit treason against their country.

Southerners didn't think the government had the right to tell them how to live, and most still don't. Unlike morons like you that need to be told what to think, us southerners like doing for ourselves.
It's the fault of this nation's founding fathers. They created a slave republic and a vague Constitution.

Lefties and their "southern strategy" to explain away their racism. "Ooo, ooo, we used to be racist, but Nixon's southern strategy took our racism and somehow injected it into republicans in the south." Uh huh. Yup.

It's the fault of this nation's founding fathers. They created a slave republic and a vague Constitution.

Aren't you glad you don't live here?

It was the main reason. Look at the Confederate Constitution and read the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens.

It was listed as one cause among many.

For fuck's sake, do you really think that the Confederates that sat out the freezing winters at Cold Harbor, starving and missing their homes were there solely because they had to protect the rich mans right to own slaves that drove that same poor farmers dad and family into subsistence farming?

If so then you are a drooling idiot.

Please look at the post above, and see what Alexander Stephens had to say on the matter. It is evident that it was more than just one of many reasons.

'More than just one of many reasons' is quite the ambiguous phrase. And why does Mr Stephens opinion count for more than the opinions of others who disagree with him? Did he fight in the war? Oh, no, looky here, he was a rich man who served as VP during the war.

Farming men, the majority of Southern soldiers by quite a bit, don't fight through the horrors of war to enable rich fucks to own slaves that drive him into the ground with zero labor costs.

You have bought into some pretty stupid shit and you would realize it if you would just stop and think about it.

But I wont hold my breath.

The entire economy of the South was based on slavery. The idea that non-slave owning whites had nothing at stake in slavery is utterly false, and the idea that slave ownership was restricted to the wealthy is also false.

No the entire economy of the South was NOT based on slavery,, only the cash economy was. Most Southerners were subsistence farmers and sold some crops for store cash, and that is it. They were the majority of the white participants in the economy and no, they did not and could not own slaves.

You go from one piece of ridiculous bullshit to the next one. Does it tire you at all, or is lying just so reflexive you don't even realize you are doing it any more?

"Most"? What proportion?

What would they typically buy with their cash?

And they did not fear the consequences of a slave rebellion?

Oh I see, so we're just sort of addressing historic problems obliquely. Maybe if we simply bury history and forget all about it, those problems will eventually go away.
Usually you pretend they're the fault of the victims, a la 'race hustling'. So actually having your noses rubbed in it may do some good.

People who don't bother to know any history are prone to over generalize and stereotype. Slave ownership varied greatly from state to state, so the motivations of individuals are hard to characterize . Here's how it breaks down.
1860 Census Results

And not all the South wanted to leave the Union either. If you look at a county map of the Souths votes for secession you see many large areas that did not want to leave the Union and voted no. And yet they all contributed troops to fight the northern invasion.

So that must prove it was all about slavery...in a pig's eye.

And those areas were typically the areas with FEWER SLAVES. Why do you think W Virginia split?

Forum List

Back